Achaean Raves

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    ok I was going to respond with a bunch of shit but I'm too lazy to really tell you why war in achaea and war in real life are like totally different so I'll just put out a suggestion that I was thinking of that will help equalize shit based on time zone.

If you make capture points in a city, and at the end of the war (which ideally would be declared once one side starts losing by a landslide) whichever city held the other city's capture points longer would win.  This would allow both sides to hold during their peak hours, effectively nullifying the advantage of being in different time zones.  The times that would matter are the times when there are many people on for both cities, and then it would make an interesting mechanic of attack/counterattack.  You would have to go on an offensive while simultaneously making sure you're defensively sound during the times when both cities are on in force.  
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Athelas said:
    ... to closely related to RL. ...
    Archaeon said:
    ... tell you why war in achaea and war in real life are like totally different ...
    Too closely related does not mean: They are the same.

Right now, the concepts are too closely related, exactly because both depend on making the opponent unwilling or unable to continue the fight.

As for the capture points idea ... Yea, that could work, I'd say it's worth a shot :)
  • Starmourn is testing the capture points idea. I haven't been playing for a while, so I'm not sure how well it's working. 
  • edited July 2019
    For rewards it could be something as trivial as "war stats" that save on the city's record.  Recording patron shrines destroyed, enemy patron shrines destroyed, attacker and defender kill count, tanks blown and diffused, etc.  To make timezones irrelevant the best I've seen a game come up with (and it's still not perfect) is having scheduled "vulnerability" time windows for strategic objectives that rotate to different timezones.  For example the first will be at noon one day  and last for two hours before the objective is no longer capturable,  then the next time it'll be 3pm for the same time frame, then 6pm, etc.  Another way I've seen it done is the defender simply chooses a time where they're vulnerable (likely when they're strongest or both are weakest).  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I thought we were supposed to be able to raid the goddamn warehouses during war?

Capture points, sanction points, tank points by tank level multiplier, soldier kill points.  First one to 100 wins and then can pilfer the city coffers and warehouses.  Done.system fixed

• Loving the war discussion and would enjoy putting up suggestions buuuut this is raves. Making a thread for it to move it there.
  • Caelan said:
    I thought we were supposed to be able to raid the goddamn warehouses during war?

Capture points, sanction points, tank points by tank level multiplier, soldier kill points.  First one to 100 wins and then can pilfer the city coffers and warehouses.  Done.system fixed
    Doesn't help when you have non soldiers raiding and Ashtan's children coming in wanting to be noticed. 

Nothing to stop cities dropping down to 1 or 2 soldiers and just not engaging still. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    I thought we were supposed to be able to raid the goddamn warehouses during war?

Doesn't help when you have non soldiers raiding and Ashtan's children coming in wanting to be noticed. 

Nothing to stop cities dropping down to 1 or 2 soldiers and just not engaging still. 
    Tanks blow at level 1 over time.  The more you don't engage, the more tank points you get (hostile make sanction 1 kill).??

• Skye said:
    Thanks for putting up the Sojourn board for the fair :)

After many many many rounds... I finally managed to win a game:

Your Sojourn party has 2 members alive.
    You have 5 horses.
    You have 275 gold sovereigns.
    You have 50 units of cargo remaining.
    You have about 5 days of provisions remaining.

According to your Sojourn map, you are on the road to Seleucar.

Your party makes camp for the night.
    You and your companions sit down for a meal, eagerly digging into the provisions.
    Come the next morning, your party departs, making their way towards their final destination.
    Having reached your destination, you unload your cargo and are paid 2500 for your cargo, as well as a small bonus for delivering the entire shipment intact.
    You completed your journey with 3025 gold.
    Your final score was 3025.
    You step away from the Sojourn table, your journey complete.

So its Oregon Trail? Do I get to choose to be the doctor?
  • What I love about Sojourn is that it supplied a new slice of an achaean expierence. One that didnt require scripts, cures, or keeping an eye out for serpents snapping like crazy. I'd spend hours on it only because I could do my work then look back at the screen to put in the next step. I'd love more concepts like that
  • Lanre said:
    The worlds fair and the performances put forth by everyone has been an amazing event. I'm continually amazed by the storytelling ability, lore, and sheer fun of it all from everywhere and everyone who has contributed, divine and player, alike. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. 
    Agreed! I've raved about it already, but I feel like posting another rave every time I attend another showcase and interact with players and denizens there :D
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Really enjoyed the Mafia-like game @Asani put on! Had fun conspiring with @Shirszae behind the scenes.
  • I'm glad people enjoyed it, even with the issues that popped up! Was definitely fun to see people get into it, along with the flocks of shrieking spectres
  • @Farrah how much cactus weed did you toss her? That was awesomely funny stuff.
  • Mroxyl said:
    @Farrah how much cactus weed did you toss her? That was awesomely funny stuff.
    It was the Kvkir, its like crack
  • YOU GUYS