Atavians! What’s your wing type?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Added tail feathers because it seemed more logical for an avian humanoid to have them for lift and turning. BUT they don’t seem to be canon, so I don’t know... @Nicola , @Ictinus , are tails feathers possible? Or would adding them to Ryssa’s desc be breaking canon?

Gods, I need to know this! Atavians with tails makes so much sense!
  • Ryssa said:
    Worked on what proper wingspan would be with Ryssa’s height and drew the following

Her wing length and build is between a sparrow and crow. Sparrows are good at quick take offs and can hover a bit, but I think for lift and better ease of gliding longer primary flight feathers are needed. The full wing span is about 12 feet, 10.5 inches/392.55 cm. There is a formula I used by an avian human artist I follow on ze internet.

Added tail feathers because it seemed more logical for an avian humanoid to have them for lift and turning. BUT they don’t seem to be canon, so I don’t know... @Nicola , @Ictinus , are tails feathers possible? Or would adding them to Ryssa’s desc be breaking canon?

Ahhh that's so pretty!!
  • @Cailin
    Thank you :)
  • Races with/without tails can be confirmed with the WAG emote.
    You wag your tail happily.
    You wag your imaginary tail happily.

Atavian falls into the latter category here.

• @Mindshell
    Ah, alas. Twas true. Tail feathers are not canon. Thanks for the confirmation