The World Fair!!!

Of course there has to be a thread for this, with all the fantastic wares and upcoming performances!

Post your raves, post the things you love, anything and everything to do with the Fair!

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Meh, it's not great but it's not bad.

It's pretty fair.
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    This play being put on by Mhaldor right now is really well done, wow.

Love all the Nissa/halfling interactions! The story was great!

Also love how the glitched items were called... "forgeries".
  • edited July 2019
    Ryx said:
    This play being put on by Mhaldor right now is really well done, wow.

Love all the Nissa/halfling interactions! The story was great!

Also love how the glitched items were called... "forgeries".
    Don't forget Jotar! I loved watching him swing his walking stick during the Mhaldor show :D
  • Nissa's story was really cool too, I enjoyed literally everything this evening. Looking forward to the rest of the fair; I wish I could attend all the showcases but regardless, I know it's going to be great.
  • I'm just super curious about one thing, not sure if I should be asking this in game or what. Some of us were under the impression that we were limited to selling only 5 items in our tent... I'm wondering what was the reason for that, or if it was a misunderstanding?

(Hashan and Mhaldor had about a dozen items, not sure about Ashtan and Targossas.)
  • edited July 2019
    Cailin said:
    I'm just super curious about one thing, not sure if I should be asking this in game or what. Some of us were under the impression that we were limited to selling only 5 items in our tent... I'm wondering what was the reason for that, or if it was a misunderstanding?

(Hashan and Mhaldor had about a dozen items, not sure about Ashtan and Targossas.)
    Honestly, we were also going off of that number for the most part, we just thought the food was counting separately from that, I think (since half of it was sold by denizens already anyways)

Would've definitely designed more if we'd known it was possible, but alas
  • Well, that is odd.

Anyway, the wares are all neat, it was interesting to see what everyone came up with!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Those dolls are so adorable! MY HEART. AAAAAAAAAAAH

• Is someone going to be around to log all the showcases for people who may miss a few of them?
    I'm attempting to!
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Whilst I appreciate the enthusiasm of those gathered near my library, it is a rather unsuitable location for a fair, don't you think?"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Fear not eager folks, I will inform you where to go at the time!"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "Ladies and gentlemen, I cordially invite you all to join me in the northwestern Sangre Plains, where I shall soon be cutting the ribbon to open the Worlds' Fair!"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "I'll allow a few short minutes for stragglers to arrive before I cut the ribbon and unveil the fair grounds proper!"

Kairula says to Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum with a Hashani accent, "Can I just say, that you make lovely glasses."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum thanks Kairula profusely.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "Now, please settle down and we shall begin!"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum clears her throat.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum eyes the great gathered crowd with an enthusiastic smile before clearing her throat once again, calling for silence from all present.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Whilst I appreciate that everyone is excited, please do settle down."

Your attention and silence would be appreciated.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Then let us begin."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "War has ravaged our lands and homes in the last years, and in the wake of the death, destruction, and carnage, many have been forced to re-examine who they are, what they stand for, and where they call home."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Many others have forgotten such things as culture, heritage, and history, cast aside as trifles during times of battle."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum rolls her eyes around, her expression falling on no-one in particular.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Some months ago I posed a challenge to many of the organisations that govern this world, asking them to consider that history, heritage, and culture. Almost all accepted."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "Beyond this ribbon might not look like much today, although the showcases begin almost as soon as we cross the threshold!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "However!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "We have high expectations for delegations from across the planes to arrive in the coming days and months, bringing with them all the colour of their culture to share with us!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "I stand here now, not with a challenge but with an invitation: accompany me today into the first ever Worlds' Fair!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum takes out a pair of short scissors and makes an elaborate showing of cutting the nearby ribbon. As the fabric falls to the ground, the Archivist gestures off to the northwest with a broad smile.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "The Worlds' Fair is now officially open! Please feel free to explore the grounds, sample what wares are currently present, and enjoy yourselves! We expect many arrivals from various planes in the coming months, and in fact our first showcase is due in just under half a day, hosted by me!"

* * * * * *  BOOM!  * * * * * *

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 00:14:17 )---
    We're aware of the issue with crafted items appearing plain and are working on it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holocaust Prince Taryius Lichlord, Preceptor of the Devout yells, "Come one, come all, to the Mhaldorian tent, furthest east within the fair grounds! Breathe in the culture of Evil!"

Speaker Andraste Montenegro, The Savage yells, "East meets west! How multicultural."

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 00:15:30 )---
    We're working on the shop issue, please stop purchasing for now.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "In around a quarter day, I invite you all to join me in my section of the Fair grounds near the campfire for our first showcase!"

A small halfling child skips in from the south.

A halfling child plays here, singing and skipping to some tune only he can hear. Mud is plastered in his hair, and the knees of his pants are caked with it, but he seems to be oblivious to his dishevelled appearance.
    A tiny halfling child does not look particularly dangerous.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 56 pounds.
    He is loyal to Actar.
    You see nothing in it.

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 00:24:01 )---
    Still working on the crafted wares issue, thanks for bearing with us!

A tiny halfling child wipes away a stray tear before looking around, forgetting whatever made him cry as he stares at a glowing mushroom.
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Ooh!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "This tent is pretty."
    You say, "Thank you, child."
    Torrent says to a tiny halfling child with a gruff, Eleusian accent, "Thank you very much."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Did you make it?"
    Kaiu says to a tiny halfling child, "Are you enjoying the new fair?"
    You smile and say, "Nissa put it together for us, she is a lovely woman."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Yes! Or I was! Until the evil people said they'd eat my mama."
    You say, "...O-oh. That's bad."
    Braxxus says in a low, silvery voice, "Is their anyway we can help?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "But they were probably lying! My mama wouldn't let herself be eaten."
    Kaiu says to a tiny halfling child, "How awful."
    Torrent says to a tiny halfling child with a gruff, Eleusian accent, "Don't worry nothing will eat you here, just enjoy the festivities."
    You say, "Your mother is a strong woman."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "The strongest!"
    You say to a tiny halfling child, "Here, give this to your mother."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Ooh! What's that ter... ter...thingy do?"
    You give a steel hairpin resembling a budding fireflower to a tiny halfling child.
    You say, "This is a hairpin. It makes her pretty."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Thank you!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "But I meant the thingy for sale over there."
    Cailin says to you in a clear voice, "Psssh."
    Roselina says in a sweet melodic, alto voice, "I'm sure your mother will love it."
    You say, "Which thingy?"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "I will be starting the first showcase quite soon! Those who wish to watch and listen, come join me by the campfire!"
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "Terrarium, I think it means."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "The one that looks like a tiny forest!"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Ooh, a show! A show!"
    A tiny halfling child runs off without warning.

... (Walking to tent) ...

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Thank you for the compliment. Quite high praise."

Carmella, a stylish rajamalan merchant yells, "Our brochures detail the Hashani programme planned for the fair, and we'd invite all interested to ask Carson or myself about our wares directly!"

A tiny halfling child hops about madly.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "As before, please keep chatter and fidgeting to a minimum."
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "Goodness me! This is quite the assemblage."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "They're doing a show! A show!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Yes! I am about to start. Just going to wait a bit more for others to waltz in."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Will there be clowns?"
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "A show, eh? Back in my day, we just thought really hard and had our own fun."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "There are already enough clowns present I'm afraid."
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd's eyes sparkle with amusement.
    Opening his mouth wide, a tiny halfling child gapes in wonder.
    A tiny halfling child says, "Where?"
    You see Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shout, "Final reminder! I am about to start the first showcase! So if you wish to watch, come now."
    You see Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shout, "If you come in late, please do so quietly."

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "Alright, settle down, settle down!"

A rolling wave of cleansing flame emanates from Cooper reaching out to engulf all nearby.
    The flames engulf Laytron, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Vonne, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Jinos, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Lenn, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Elyon, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Khel, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Melodie, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Ainly, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Veros, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Anze, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Cailin, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Asani, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Deziny, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Thule, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Mathonwy, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Stheno, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Gavriil, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Iloisee, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Kaiu, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Devasha, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Taleila, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Jurixe, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Zackery, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Bail, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Miriew, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Cassari, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Kuririn, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Garis, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Kresslack, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Syla, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Uilien, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Taryius, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Sothantos, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Gilliam, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Andraste, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Farrah, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Tiamat, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Avagabriella, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Mroxyl, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Rackham, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Skye, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Torben, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Doriel, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Jaksim, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Ameer, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Truax, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flame engulfs you but does not burn; you feel your spirits soaring to ever greater heights as your strength becomes more.
    The flames engulf Koi, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Auria, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Athae, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Braxxus, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Roselina, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Torrent, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Shirszae, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Reiloch, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Lirah, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Halos, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Tianondria, leaving her unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Paine, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.
    The flames engulf Cooper, leaving him unharmed and somehow greater than before.

Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "Well, that's something you don't see every day."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Now that you have gotten that out of the way."
    A tiny halfling child fidgets impatiently.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum moves over to a stack of books, pulling one from their number as she lifts up a staff in her other hand before turning to the crowd.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "As you know, I have long held the job of head archivist at the Lucretian Athenaeum."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "And so, I will be doing a showcase of stories."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "So once more, please settle down, and I'll begin."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum clears her throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Stories are not just a way to entertain, but also a way to know how we arrived where we are, where our paths might lead, and at times they are cautionary."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "The tale I am about to share with you all is the latter."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum brushes off an old, leather-bound book that looks frayed around the edges. With a mighty huff, she sends particles of dust flying into the air before opening the cover and sifting through the pages with worn fingers.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Many know of the Conclave and their members. Great mystics, terrible wizards, and even a dragon who surpassed his limits."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum's hand stops turning through pages as she nods her head slowly as if recounting.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "There is Maklak, who for better or worse became an ornament of those he displeased."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "The bog witch, Haag, who has decidedly poor taste in hounds and men."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "And of course there is Hycanthus, who would like you to know that he was sure it would work."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum flips through a few more pages of the book before coming to an abrupt stop.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "This story is not about any of those people though. Today I will be recounting the tale of Danaeus. Some of you may know that he currently resides on the Chaos Court as the dark savant."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "What most do not know is that a culmination of fate, jealousy, and dumb luck led him to his current station."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "You may ask yourselves: What does Danaeus have to do with those I spoke of earlier? Well, as fate would have it, Danaeus first came to be known as a colleague of the aforementioned Hycanthus."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "He was cunning, bright, a genius even! But he did not have the flair of his rival. Thus the seed of jealousy was planted."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "At first, he was content to let his work speak for him. But wayward travellers and royalty alike came to speak with Hycanthus, excitedly asking for his advice regarding manners arcane and otherwise with utmost trust. Danaeus himself was hardly spared a glance."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Deeper and deeper, Danaeus threw himself into his work. Many texts have spoken of immortality, but this notion has always been brushed aside by scholars. Danaeus had even disregarded mentions of such ridiculous ideas several times."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "The deep jealousy within him had other plans though... It blossomed into a mad obsession with immortality and all the treasures it could hold. With this, he was sure he could rise above the riffraff he saw around him, and solidify himself as the authority on all things magical."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum taps a staff against the ground causing it to glow for a brief moment.

A scene of a handsome man standing with a group of cloaked individuals in a dark room ripples into existence. He takes meticulous notes, nodding his head as the group speaks to him in hushed whispers.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "This was when Danaeus first stumbled upon the path that would define his future. In his efforts, he had found and joined what many consider to be the first Occultists."

Holding out both hands, the figure in the illusion generates two bright energies before attempting to merge them, resulting in a blinding flash of light.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "It was here that the young wizard found his true calling. He was able to generate opposing fields of Order and Discord, merging them together to create very crude examples of what could be called transmogrification."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Each day he grew closer to his goals... Refining, adjusting, consuming more knowledge about energies most feared to even speak of. Before his plans could come to fruition though, Shakira performed her own experiment which brought about its own unforeseen consequences."

The conjured scene changes to one of righteous crusaders, using both the sword and flame to slaughter a cabal of Occultists. The heat of the fires can be felt as they leap forth from the magical field before it shimmers into a state of nothingness.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Danaeus had no desire to perish for a cause he had little interest in, beyond that of furthering his own research. So he fled and hid. Slowly and methodically, he chose each location wisely, attempting to stay ahead of the Church and their fiery anger."
    A tiny halfling child's eyes widen as battle scenes play out in front of him.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Finally, he found refuge with the Countess Belladona along with a small group of Occultists who had followed him. Much to his chagrin, he found that his interests aligned with her own desires."

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 00:44:47 )---
    Crafted wares may now be bought without fear from the Worlds' Fair shops! If you have obtained a blank forgery, please message Ictinus with the exact details and we will compensate you!

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "So, Belladona and the mage began to work in secret, seeking the impossible: immortality. With a silver tongue, he played the role of a charismatic leader for the small cabal, while siphoning off their knowledge of the Mysteries for the Countess and himself."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "And then, the Countess whispered her own knowledge into the ears of both Danaeus and the Occultists, that of death magic, now known as Necromancy. All of them soaked in her sly words, but none more than Danaeus, who saw this as a chance to thwart Death Himself!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Danaeus was not a fool though, and he had seen the risks of tampering with unknown magics, and did not wish to end up like Shakira. He had certainly made progress in what was called the Soulcage Experiments, but it was far from perfection. Belladona was not so patient though."

The field of light shifts once more, showing a beautiful woman surrounded by the same cloaked figures from earlier. She gestures towards various symbols and speaks in an unknown tongue before being consumed by darkness. As she emerges reborn, she screams and begins to slaughter those around her.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Whether or not the experiment was a success will forever be up for debate. Belladona found the immortality she sought, but within an undead husk. She turned her rage towards those around her, and Danaeus, watching the scene unfold, took this as his chance to flee."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "For some, this might have been the end of their story. Danaeus had tampered with powerful forces, escaped righteous flames, and slipped through the clutches of a scornful harlot."
    A tiny halfling child tugs on the nearest person's sleeve, in this case Paine, and whispers at him: "What's a harlot?"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "The mage was not deterred though, and continued his research. But with more caution than ever before. But, even with added measures, the consequences of fiddling with the boundaries of powers that mortals were never meant to meddle in began to sap at his life and vitality."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "His obsession would have undoubtedly brought about his end had his efforts not attracted the interest of another."

The image of a terrifying demon, sitting upon a throne, with bat-like wings stretched around him comes into view. With a wave of his hand, a young man appears before him with a baffled look upon his face before the scene fades once more.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "The Prince of Woe, Pazuzu, who had gazed across the vast planes intently, seeking those who would further his cause, had set his sights on Danaeus. Within that pit of jealousy, his despair of obsession, and the overwhelming pain of failure, Pazuzu saw raw ambition."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Danaeus had finally received the attention he had always craved, and from the master of the Infernal Legion no less. He drank in the demon's praise, soaking in his words, eager to bring his goals to completion."

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 00:48:25 )---
    For those who missed the message: please message Ictinus with the details of your failed purchase to be compensated. If you have already messaged  me, please don't do so again.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "And with that, the final piece of his puzzle clicked into place, and Danaeus, with the knowledge Pazuzu had passed onto him, performed one final, grand experiment."

Dark flames erupt from the conjured field, subsiding to show a figure resembling that of a man, wreathed in dark tendrils, lashing at in all directions to bring power into himself. His eyes flare a deep crimson as his skin turns a dark red hue, and he begins to laugh maniacally.

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum taps her staff against the floor lightly once more, ending the illusion of the half-daemon.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "And it was on that day, he earned the title of dark savant and achieved his goal of immortality."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "But I ask you, dear listeners, at what cost? For what reason?"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "Whether Danaeus still scowls at the mention of the wizard Hycanthus, I do not know. But I like to think he continues his silent battle against his old colleague, forever seeking the greater acclaim."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum snaps the book shut suddenly with a wry smile before tucking it beneath her arm.
    A tiny halfling child applauds wildly, his tiny hands barely making much noise, especially with his clumsy technique.
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "That is all for today, but do come back for another riveting tale."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "And another showcase will be starting elsewhere on the grounds shortly, so do stick around!"

A tiny halfling child says, "Are demons evil."
    Ameer's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Not necessarily."
    Ainly nods his head at a tiny halfling child.
    You say, "I believe most demons are."
    Taryius says to a tiny halfling child in a harsh, rasping voice, "Not anymore."
    Ameer's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Some demons are too lazy to be evil."
    Ainly says to a tiny halfling child in a guttural voice, "They'll try to eat your mother."
    A tiny halfling child says, "So they eat people salad?"
    You say, "Some do!"
    A tiny halfling child cowers in a corner, whimpering.
    Iloisee says to a tiny halfling child in a quiet voice, "You don't need to be a demon to eat people salad."
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "Some demons marry men and make them miserable."
    Roselina says in a sweet melodic, alto voice, "Not sure but..it sounds kinda icky."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "First of all, no. Salad is not appetizing to devourers of blood."
    Mathonwy says, "Depends on the salad."
    Mathonwy asks, "What if it's a blood salad?"
    Miriew's breath mists with frost as he says, "Salad is useful though. Food eats it."
    Rackham says in a low, raspy voice, "Anything can be a salad."
    Ameer's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "The word salad is enough."
    Kuririn says to Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd in a deep, soothing baritone voice, "It takes some effort for demons to make some men miserable. Others, well, it doesn't."
    Lirah says to Mathonwy in a smooth, sweet voice, "That is soup."
    Stheno says to Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd in a golden voice, "You should be so lucky, shepherd."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Well, the people in the evil tent were going on about eating my mama with their salads! But they're liars!"
    Jurixe says to Ameer in a low, silken voice, "Unless, of course, it is laced with voyria."
    Taleila says to Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd with a lilting, Delosian accent, "Some demons call themselves "men" and destroy every woman who crosses their path."
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "You're not wrong."
    Jaksim says in a deep, resonant voice, "What about a wedge salad? You can make that out of a wedge of anything."
    Kuririn says to a tiny halfling child in a deep, soothing baritone voice, "Your mother should be just fine."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "If your mother looked anything like you, she would not be very appetizing."
    Taleila says with a lilting, Delosian accent, "No, I'm not wrong. I'm Taleila."
    Taleila nods her head slowly, looking very wise.
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "People say I look just like my mama!"
    Kuririn says to a tiny halfling child in a deep, soothing baritone voice, "Is your mother that muddy?"
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "Hello, Taleila. I'm Jotar."
    Devasha says to Ameer with a dark, lyrical accent, "Is that a salt shaker?"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "No, she hates mud!"
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "At least that is how I see it from looks alone. However I could eat you and let you know in another life if it was worth it?"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "No!! Don't eat me!"
    A tiny halfling child runs away screaming.
    A small halfling child skips out to the northwest.

Stheno Aristata, the Gilded Muse yells, "To spoil the imminent surprise, the next showcase will be one of Evil. Northeast and east of Nissa's campfire. Join us at our vibrant tent!"

... (Me trying to find the child) ...

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "The next showcase will be starting shortly within the Mhaldorian tent!"

Braxxus says in a low, silvery voice, "Alright, I hope you may have fun then."
    A tiny halfling child beams broadly.
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "You too!"
    A small halfling child skips out to the southeast.

... (Again looking for child) ...

A tiny halfling child says, "It's all too pricy for me, even though I saved up my allowance."
    Cailin says to a tiny halfling child in a clear voice, "What kind do you like?"
    "Ummmm," a tiny halfling child says uncertainly.
    A tiny halfling child says, "I like apples."
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "Hmmm!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "And pie! And apple pie."
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "Let me see what I can find!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Rabbit is good, too."
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "Do you like venison?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "What's a venison?"
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "Deer meat."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Oh, I've never eaten a deer."
    Cailin says in a clear voice, "I'll get you some to try!"
    Cailin leaves to the west, a wyvern reflected in her eyes.
    A tiny halfling child says, "Well, if you see the nice lady tell her I'll  be in the evil tent."
    A small halfling child skips out to the east.
    Kairula gives a tiny halfling child a compassionate hug.
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Mama says not to let strangers touch me!"
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "They might eat you?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "No! I mean, maybe? She just says not to."
    A tiny halfling child says, "But everyone at this fair keeps touching me."
    Kairula says with a Hashani accent, "That's because you're very cute."

You see Stheno Aristata, the Gilded Muse yell, "We begin in just a moment."

Kairula says with a Hashani accent, "And people like hugging cute things."
    A tiny halfling child says, "There was a nice lady who wants to feed me deer."
    Ameer's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "If by cute you mean covered in mud and unwashed."
    Ameer gives a colourful xoran tongue salad to a tiny halfling child.
    Cailin gives a sugar cookie depicting a black rider to a tiny halfling child.
    A tiny halfling child says, "I was washed but I fell into a puddle outside the fair."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "This salad looks gross!"
    A tiny halfling child eats a sugar cookie depicting a black rider happily, going quiet as he does.

Stheno says calmly in a golden voice, "Silence."
    Stheno raises her arms in welcome, her many bracelets glittering on her wrists.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Welcome, one and all, to the Mhaldorian showcase for this month of Phaestian. I trust you've all had a good opening and are thirsty for what awaits you."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "We acknowledge the Lucretian Athenaeum and Head Archivist Nissa for the invitation and for gathering us here in the Sangre Plains, at a point in time when we would rather be at each other's throats. More than usual, that is."
    Stheno inclines her head at an absent host.
    Stheno smiles and says darkly in a golden voice, "Rest easy."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "To your right, you'll find shelves of rare Mhaldorian craftsmanship for the mercantile and magpie-eyed among you. These exceptional wares almost never leave our walls, but we've made an exception for you. That you may partake in a taste of Evil."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Specially curated meals have been hunted down and cruelly prepared for your delectation. Jewellery poured and hammered and delicately linked to adorn you. And our finest weavers have taken to their looms to spin silk of the highest thread count."

--------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)
             pipe223830 a grim mhun bone pipe                          43     350gp
             plush71306 a rancid Drogo, the Merchant plush             13    6000gp
         backpack233655 a Tartaruchi hide rucksack                     32     500gp
         bracelet228511 an intricate arachnid bracelet                  1   13000gp
         pomander357927 an aromatic gold pomander                       7   12000gp
            cones521356 a set of black paper cones                     38    4500gp
          journal385779 a pale grey leather journal                    26    8500gp
            salad241191 a colourful xoran tongue salad                 42     800gp
             plate31759 a plate of roast songbird drowned in brandy    48     800gp
            cloak240390 an imperious cloak of stygian black            30    1200gp
          circlet245395 a circlet of garnet and blackened steel spir   23    8500gp
         bracelet192460 a sanguineous steel prayer bead bracelet       19    6800gp
          armband394771 a swirling armband of daemonites               13    7000gp

Stheno's eyes drift through the crowd, settling on different faces and hands in turn.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Our arcane trinkets already shine in your grasping hands."
    Stheno sweeps her arm to the left, the brand rippling over her bare shoulder.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "To your left, you'll find my table of fortune."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Our entertainment this afternoon will comprise a historical performance, led by Exsusiai Jurixe S. Nithilar, and an augury, a series of blood readings led by myself."
    Leaning in over the lectern, Stheno whispers her covenant to you all.
    Stheno whispers in a golden voice, "Come to me with your questions and worldly wonderings. I will give you answers. And perhaps more questions."
    Stheno leans back and steps away from the tall podium, approaching her audience again.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "And now, a woman who needs no introduction. You know her from the Asterian Restoration and her many subtle works through the centuries."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Be immersed in a significant moment in the long history and inception of Evil and His City."
    Stheno steps to Jurixe's side and slips behind her in the same motion, assuming her shadow.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "We give you a reenactment of the Siege of Vengeance."
    Stepping up to the centre of the heptagonal stage, Jurixe fixes the crowd before her with her silver gaze, before inclining her dark head.
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "Welcome to the first showcase of the Mhaldorian contingent in the World's Fair."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "In a short moment, we will step back in time to relive one of Mhaldor's most legendary battles."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "This is an immersive experience and has been recreated as close to reality as memory permits. You will find yourselves in the shoes of a Mhaldorian soldier during the first great battle of the Bal'met saga."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "You may choose to actively participate in this experience and follow the instructions given, or simply remain still and follow the tale. You will be instructed when to act. When prompted, you may respond appropriately, but you must be swift as the tale will continue apace."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "We ask that all movement and speech not related to your participation be restricted. Disruptive aromatics, pets, salves and the like should also be removed."
    Jurixe says decisively in a low, silken voice, "Be prepared. We begin."

One by one, the lights in the tent wink out. An unnatural darkness descends quickly upon the area, obscuring all details of the tent and the gathered crowd from view.

Echoing through the darkness, Jurixe's voice intones, "It is time, Sapience, to delve back nearly two hundred years into history. Back to a time when an alien Divinity and His otherworldly forces stalked the realm. Back when our Gods numbered more than a score. And back when the world was weaker than it is now."
    Echoing through the darkness, Jurixe's voice intones, "It was the month of Glacian, 610 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire."
    Echoing through the darkness, Jurixe's voice intones, "A Divine strike force of Lords Pentharian, Aegis, Matsuhama, Daedalus and Ladies Miramar, Ourania, and Pandora had embarked upon a crusade to the planet Krenindala, home of the ormyrr, to rescue Lord Hermes - captured by Bal'met after the Messenger Lord lost a wager to Him."
    Echoing through the darkness, Jurixe's voice intones, "Back on Sapience, we watched Their progress and witnessed Their failure."
    Echoing through the darkness, Jurixe's voice intones, "Now, you relive the aftermath."

Shades of grey begin to manifest at the edges of the total blackness, suggesting light's imminent return. Receding slowly into tendrils of shadow, the darkness gradually dissipates into nothing, revealing new surroundings.

The gates of Mhaldor.
    Carved into the mountainside, a massive gatehouse stands a short distance to the east, replete with archer slits and murder holes. The iron of a portcullis is visible in the top of the gatehouse, ready to bury itself in the ground below. A thick wooden drawbridge crosses a wide moat, permitting entrance to the mountain city. Long black chains arc upward towards the mountain from either side of the drawbridge, disappearing through roughly cut gaps in the mountain's surface. A guardhouse has been shaped from the mountain to the right of the gates, its entryway dark and foreboding. Wooden boards with iron spikes driven through them and embedded in the rock beyond cover the building's lone window. The flags of Mhaldor hang from the top of the gatehouse, prominently displayed for all to see. Some graffiti has been scrawled here. It reads, "Serve the Master's will in all things! Hail Lord Sartan!"

You find yourself standing at the gates of Mhaldor next to a thirty-strong Mhaldorian contingent. Arranged in battle formation, every soldier has their weapons drawn at the ready and tension is visible in every frame. Flanking them are the Naga assassins, Tanjinn monks, ominous liches and knights of the Maldaathi that form the city guard.

Heading the party is a tall Xoran Infernal, his lamplike eyes fixated on the horizon.
    Within the formation, a scarred monk notices your arrival, and makes a beckoning gesture to you.

A scarred monk tells you, "You arrived just in time. Long story short, some of the Garden went to Krenindala and tried to rescue Lord Hermes, but it, ah, went less than favourably."
    A scarred monk tells you, "Lords Matsuhama and Daedalus, and Lady Miramar, died in a blast that wiped out all life on Krenindala. Bal'met used the Messenger Lord as a trap."
    A scarred monk tells you, "Lords Pentharian and Aegis and Lady Pandora are alive - barely."
    A scarred monk tells you, "The heathen cities are furious and they're marching on us. Not surprising, but nobody expected they'd be working together. Be ready for battle. It's going to be a bloodbath."

At his invitation, you open up your mental awareness to the shared thoughts of your compatriots. A tense, nervous energy hums through the mindlink, underpinned by a stoic resolve.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Block southwards. Keep your mass salve applied and stay shielded."
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Keep a trace on the Shallamese generals. Today, Mhaldor, we fight in Their names."

Some knights move to the fore, crouching to brace their shields in front of the defending party.

(Party): A stern Blademaster says, "I detect ninety presences on Mhaldor Isle, Lord Marshal. They've landed on the steep mountainside."
    (Party): A robed Apostate says, "Tracing the Shallamese general. Moved to a treacherous mountain path."
    (Party): A robed Apostate says, "Moved to a treacherous mountain path."
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Incoming. Do not move till I say so."

Abruptly, your enhanced senses detect the chaos of a ninety-strong contingent charging through the red fog towards the drawbridge. A riot of colours are visible within the surging mass: the green of Eleusis, blue of Cyrene, purple of Hashan and gold of Shallam.
    A score or two of would-be raiders fall to the ground, brought low by the enchantments on a totem implanted before two towering mountains. However, the greater body of the raiders presses forward.

The Shallamese general yells, "Your blighted city and its treacherous Gods shall pay for what you have done! It is time you were cleansed from Sapience once and for all!"
    You see the Lord Marshal yell, "Death and destruction are a price worth paying to sow the seeds of Strength. Send forth your best, heathen. We shall teach them the lessons of Oppression."

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Shoot the general on sight! Fire now!"

Crixos stands beside the contingent of knights and points his firelash ring to the south, a gout of long flame emerging forth and striking the general.
    Activity erupts all around you as soulspears, arrows and other projectiles hurtle swiftly from the surrounding soldiers, generally aimed at the knight in the lead.
    Aegoth rains down destruction with his firey holocausts, cackling madly.
    Cooper wields his bow, shooting it quickly to the south.
    Ameer feigns throwing his rapier to the south tentatively.
    The Shallamese general falls to the arrows of the Mhaldorian defenders.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Change targets. Lieutenants next, then the captains. Follow my lead."

Flickering shadows dance across Aegoth's face, illuminated by the sputtering blaze housed atop a kindled staff.
    You watch as the advancing party amasses just before the drawbridge, then hesitates. Obviously deciding not to attempt an assault just yet, they cluster into a rough formation and begin drawing their bows, clearly intending to employ the same line-of-sight strategy.
    Power coalesces within the maws of eight Dragons in the attacking party as they gather their ancient strength. Seconds later, a furious torrent of crackling, sizzling, scorching might blasts through the gates as the enormous wyrms unleash their terrible wrath.
    Caught in the stream of draconic power, two Mhaldorian mages near you perish in untold agony.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Apostates, I need your soulspears. The rest of you, fire after the soulspear hits."
    (Party): A robed Apostate says, "Ready on your command, Lord Marshal."
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Soulspear, now!"
    Stheno nocks another arrow and draws back her bowstring, taking aim at a wheeling dragon.

A glowing soulspear streaks towards a colourfully-dressed Bard in the fray, her nimble fingers dancing over her lute as she weaves a melodious web of harmonics over her comrades. Her tuneful singing is abruptly cut short by a discordant shriek as the weapon finds its target, viciously impaling her through the chest and staining her doublet crimson.
    Sothantos stares at the illusion of the Shallamese general with a faint frown.
    Cooper fires his bow to the south.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Fire!"

Taryius gestures towards Aegoth, spinning a contingency of crystals and imbuing them with cataclysmic powers.
    Taryius points his staff and a bolt of roaring lightning screams into the body of a distant heathen.
    Kairula carefully strings her crossbow, aiming at the oncoming fighters to the south.
    Aegoth mutters a little and resigns himself to pointing his staff through a cataclysm vibration toward the target.

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 01:17:43 )---
    Everyone has now been given their gold back for the invalid crafted items and you're welcome to re-purchase your desired wares! Shops will be restocked periodically throughout if something is unavailable at present! We will discard the plain blank items shortly.

Motes of light spiral outwards from a glittering amethyst sphere, continuing their ethereal dance along the edges of your vision.
    Speared through the heart by a glowing soulspear, a colourfully-dressed Bard has breathed her last.

---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/07/06 01:17:53 )---
    Alternatively, feel free to humgii them.

Both sides trade blows in this fashion for some time, but the raiders are clearly taking a heavier toll as corpses mount on their side of the drawbridge.

(Party): A stern Blademaster says, "Their generals are dead. They're retreating!"
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Well done, Mhaldor. We held our own against a force three times larger than ours-"

Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd lifts his walking stick in approximation of a staff, brandishing it with a vengeance toward the raiders.
    A sudden explosion rocks the city, its sheer force throwing you to the ground.
    Vonne cheers wildly!
    Turning to look up the mountain, you notice flames licking outwards from the imposing silhouette of the Baelgrim Fortress.

(Party): A short Serpent says, "Lord Marshal! The Ashtani are in the Baelgrim!"
    (Party): A dark-haired monk says, "I thought we had an armistice with them!"
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "'Had' being the operative word. Monks, be ready to start radiancing-"
    (Party): A robed Apostate says, "The other cities are back!"
    For a brief time, your Mhaldorian compatriots are thrown into noticeable disarray as they attempt to fight a war on two fronts.
    (Party): A dark-haired monk says, "Mages, spin a cataclysm vibration and those who can use it, throw everything you've got at the Overseer. Radiancing the Overseer...now."

Back to back with Crixos, Stheno snarls a word of warning and bolstering courage. The din of battle drowns it out.
    Aegoth spins another cataclysm hastily and launches a series of staffcasts.
    Taryius utters a short prayer to Evil before sending a barrage of black acid from the tip of his staff and into the bodies of the assaulters.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Aim south. Target the Shallamese general again. Fire!"

Zackery hastily formulates an incendiary in a small phial and hurls it to the south.
    Cooper continues to send arrow after arrow to the south, nimbly weaving through the battle.
    Saibel hefts her bow to her shoulders, takes aim and snipes the cowering general hiding south of here.
    Ameer angrily throws his mandolin to the south.
    Bright, fiery light coalesces around Taryius' staff as a beam of pure heat fires into the Shallamese general.
    Shirszae produces her crossbow, clearly pretending it is a bow as she takes aim and lets loose southwards.
    Vonne hails Sartan.

A scarred monk tells you, "Gods damn it, there's too many! We need to pick a side..."

Crixos draws an arrow, nocking it quickly before aiming towards the general.
    Aegoth sips a phial of golden liquid, his veins bulging as he launches staffcasts at a rapid pace. He howls in glee.
    Kairula continues to fire off envenomed arrows into the crowd of fighter, attempting to make a dent in it.
    With Mhaldorian firepower split between the two sides, both attacking parties gain confidence and begin redoubling their efforts. One by one, escarbuncle-branded bodies begin to fall upon the cobblestones.
    A lithe Serpent futilely gasps one final time for air before dying, slain by an Ashtani monk.
    A dark-haired monk has bled to death.
    Blasted by elemental lightning, all that remains of the Lord Marshal is a charred husk.
    As the Mhaldorian force holding the gates dwindles, the forces at the drawbridge muster the courage to mount a charge over the drawbridge and into the city proper, descending en masse on Mhaldorian guard and soldier alike - including you.
    Maajida shuffles over to Qidaxt and shyly takes her hand in her own.
    Devasha perches atop the Baelgrim parapets with the Ashtani army, notching another arrow.
    Bereft of allies, you valiantly fight off your attackers for as long as you are able, all while battle rages around you.
    Aegoth laughs and begins casting holocaust after holocaust, ready to die for his city. Fifty holocausts pulse darkly!
    Stheno lashes out with her chain and drags a Shallamese lieutenant onto his knees, before she staggers back from the new onslaught.
    Taryius whips is staff towards the leg of a young Ashtani, breaking the limb in a single blow and sending him to the ground.
    Iloisee draws a mighty breath, hurling a stream of Psi energy toward the Ashtani attackers.
    Kriex coughs softly at Proficy.
    Kairula quickly tries to dodge behind the edge of the gates, weaving between the blades, all the while shooting at the enemy as best she can.
    Ameer throws his fists wildly around, occasionally catching someone's weapon and wincing.
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd brandishes his walking staff, lobbing imaginary fireballs at his enemies.

Ameer's words quietly thrum through the air as he says, "Should not have thrown away my rapier.."
    A silver Dragon lunges forward with long, flashing claws extended, tearing down to the bones of your body.

A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    Aegoth things for a moment before hastily dropping a Retardation vibe as well.
    Vonne doublestabs an Ashtani attacker.
    Zackery crouches into a deep stance and begins deftly tracing alchemical symbols in the air, switching targets rapidly to hit all incoming enemies.

Taryius says in a harsh, rasping voice, "(With a gesture towards his golem), commands the construct to send a stream of scalding water into the now blistered face of a Shallamese soldier."

Cooper disappears from the battlefield, before reappearing behind a xorani priest. Grabbing his dagger quickly, he disappears again.
    Zadkiel gives Faur a peck on the cheek.
    Discarding her crossbow, Shirszae draws her bastard sword as she swings wildly at one of the many dragons.
    Aegoth is dead. Oh no!
    Eliana cheers wildly!
    Keorin reaches a hand out, a look of concentration crossing her features as she clenches a fist towards an invisible attacker.
    A Naga assassin hisses in pleasure as it sends a grubby Druid to oblivion.

(Mhaldor): A Naga assassin says, "Don't forget me, Mhaldor..."

Clouds gather overhead as Taryius summons a hail of lightning from the heavens, which bounces from his hands into the now charred bodies of several enemies.
    Vonne died while trying to garrote. Imagine that.

(Mhaldor): An infernal wraith says, "Avenge me!"

Lifting the blinding shine of her buckler, Stheno throws a spear of light into the eyes of an attacking blademaster. The next blow glances off her arm and sinks into her stomach.
    Stheno winces in pain.
    Ameer picks up Aegoth's staff and screams for vengeance, and starts prodding his enemies viciously with the burning end.
    A white-robed Priest gives a grave nod to his guardian angel, whose wings flare suddenly as an alien and frightening look of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, the angel reaches forward, and as her hand touches your chest, it flares an impossibly bright white and enters your breast. The angel's eyes roll back in her head and as your soul is torn screaming from your body, you collapse to the ground in neverending, inhuman pain.
    Gradually, darkness closes in as the extent of your injuries proves too much. As life drains out of your body, the last thing you hear is the cacophonic roaring of an enraged Mhaldorus as the contingent turns their fury upon him.
    Taryius releases a final blood-filled cough and expires into the dirt.
    Cooper is attacked by thirty-four heathens at the same time, and thus perishes, finally overwhelmed.
    You walk the familiar path of the Halls of Death, watching as your life flashes by in snatches of memory upon the walls. Soon enough, you stand before the Curator of Death, who appraises you with a calculating eye.
    Kairula melodramatically drops to her knees, blood trickling down her chest, before letting out one final, weak gasp.
    Iloisee collapses to the ground, a dead, soulless body.
    Shirszae half-mumbles a curse as she topples down onto the ground.

"If you are not done with death," sneers Ugrach, "then I am done with you."

Disdainfully banished to the living world, you find yourself standing alive and whole outside a cave, with no memory of how you got there.
    An obliging Mhaldorian mage opens a portal for you upon request, and once you step through, your surroundings are again different.
    Kuririn roars fiercely.
    What little light that filters through the iron grate overhead is augmented somewhat by the eldritch glow of enchanted spheres set into the stone walls of this confluence of sewer pipes. The floor is level and smooth stone, with innumerable outlets from the higher elevations of the city. From their gaping maws, gruesome gargoyles of twisted and deformed visage spout a constant sluice of stinking waste that spatters into the stream of offal below. One trench leads into a massive stone pipe that guides the ponderous flow of sludge and refuse down towards the base of the mountain upon which Mhaldor stands.
    Vonne stands up.
    Taryius brushes the dust and dirt from himself, and stands ready to fight again.
    Bloodied and battered, what remains of the Mhaldorian force clusters here in a tense group. Portals opening all around the dank sewers herald the return of those who perished, and your ranks are slowly beginning to swell back into a sizable army.
    Kairula confusedly rises to her feet, taking a look at her surroundings.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Report."
    (Party): A young Runewarden says, "They have slain most of our guards, destroyed one of the fortress towers, and now take up residence within the fortress and in the gatehouse near the drawbridge."
    (Party): A young Runewarden says, "Mhaldorus did not go easily."
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "And neither will we. It is clear we cannot hope to best them with their sheer numerical advantage, but we can certainly make their lives hell."

A scarred monk growls menacingly.
    Under the Lord Marshal's instruction, Serpents line up to wrap their whips around the waists of sturdy, bow-wielding knights. At a signal, one Runewarden removes the sewer grate overhead and leaps up in one smooth motion, firing off an arrow down the mountain before the attending Serpent yanks him back down to safety.
    The other knights follow suit in quick succession, and manage to land a few kills before the raiders finally decide to employ shield tactics.

(Party): A tall Apostate says, "I wish to sacrifice myself. I swear I will wreak vengeance upon them who have defiled our holy city."
    (Party): The Lord Marshal says, "We will hasten its delivery."

Soldiers converge upon the Apostate, mixing powdered inks and willing them into no fewer than twelve starburst shapes before allowing them to settle on his flesh.
    Once complete, the Apostate resolutely pushes the sewer grate open and climbs fearlessly out, striding directly to the colourful congregation near the gates.
    You watch from the sewer opening as the Apostate's lone arrival is met with consternation by the gathered cities, who immediately begin tearing into him by any means possible.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Full force on distance attacks! Strike him now!"

Taryius quickly constructs an atlatl and whips it through the air with a malicious grin.
    Aegoth takes up a bow and shoots the nameless apostate, who must have long been forgotten, in the back.
    Zackery formulates phial after phial of incendiaries, rapidly firing them into the mass of enemy combatants.
    Ameer plays a ballad on his mandolin, speeding up everyone's attacks.
    A loud 'thud' echoes from nearby as Taryius grins, his target solidly impaled.
    Galyleo ponders a bard's lute with a contemplative expression.
    Within seconds, the Apostate's body collapses to the ground, but not before spears of jagged bone materialise out of thin air on his dying command, plunging themselves into his enemies.
    A flash of red light flares, and the Apostate is left standing alive and whole again. Nonplussed, the coalition pauses in their slaying, but the Ashtani contingent at the top of the mountain have no such reservations.
    For twelve lives, the Apostate dies, and lives, and dies again. Only seconds separate each death and the flurry of flying bone shards that accompany each one, dealing such a degree of damage that by the time he finally crumples in true death, a third of the cities' armies have perished by his hand.

(Party): The Lord Marshal says, "Move. We must not waste this opportunity."

Vaulting upon his noble steed, the Lord Marshal leaps out of the sewers and charges headlong towards the remaining raiders in the gatehouse, the rest of the Mhaldorian party following in his wake.
    A frenzy of battle ensues as the two armies clash ferociously, soon joined by the Ashtani contingent above. Without formation or direction, the free-for-all soon splits into smaller group fights that spill over into the streets and nearby shops all around Mhaldor.

(Party): A scarred monk says, "Fight for the Twin Lords!"

In a blur of speed, Stheno dashes after the charging warhorse.
    Kairula crashes through the window of a nearby cafe, flipping a couple tables to form a makeshift barricade.
    Aegoth drops a retardation vibe, again, heedless of the chaos it will cause, and then flies up to start dropping holocausts.
    Without hesitation, Zackery charges in after the Lord Marshal, unleashing alchemical fury upon the heathen hordes.
    Saibel takes a deep breath and draws back on her bow, releasing a volley of arrows at once, each one piercing the target with deadly accuracy.
    Ameer lets out a bloodthirsty scream and charges forward with his rapier, wielding his instrument like a club.
    Taryius whistles and a withered crypt worm wriggles in from the unknown, whipping into a fury and trampling heathens left and right.
    Swinging her bastard sword in a wide arc, Shirszae nearly tears the nearest enemy raider in half at the waist.
    From behind her makeshift wall, she fires arrow after arrow into the opposition, managing to fell a few of the knights.
    Quicker than you can follow, one of a hydra-morphed Druid's serpentine heads darts forward to snap at your flesh.
    Eliana slips in through the broken window of the cafe, following Kairula silently. She makes her way to the till on the counter.
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd lets out a battle cry and charges in, slowly, wielding his walking stick like a sword.
    Kairula grabs Eliana by the wrist, dragging her behind the barricade, just as a blast of energy shoots her way.
    Vonne draws a darkbow.
    Kuririn snaps into a blur of motion, his staff whistling through the air as he faces off against the hydra-morphed druid.
    Qidaxt stands dumbly in the sewer, whispering "Pew Pew!" as she watches Aegoth firebomb literally everyone.
    Magma churns in Taryius' hands as he conjures a sphere of molten earth from nothing before hurling the cataclysmic device into a mass of enemies.
    Two Apostates have fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of a bearded monk.
    The sky above grows dark as a bespectacled mage calls upon powerful magics. Raising his hands balefully, he causes lightning bolts, the hammer of the storm, to shoot from his hands and slam into you, a scarred monk, and a robed Apostate.
    Cooper stands near the back lines while retaining the form of the Dragon, choking heathens repeatedly.
    Stheno pricks one of the lashing heads with her dirk. Blood pours from the hydra's gaping mouth, reddening its fangs as they close around her shoulder.
    Aegoth suddenly, and without reason, switches to hailstorms, pummeling those below him with ruthless cold balls of ice.
    Infuriated by the attaching Druid, Zackery simply grabs the one of its many heads and twists it violently, snapping the neck with a vicious 'crack!'
    Iloisee takes to the skies with a mighty flap of her wings, soon returning with a Psi-infused breathrain dropping over the enemy.
    Eliana grunts as Kairula drags her away from the riches, lowering herself behind the barricade.
    Lirah slips behind her foe leaving her dirk deep in his back, and drawing her darkbow.
    A demented Occultist has perished, having been cruelly split open and pinned to the ground by the Lord Marshal.
    Saibel lobs a concussion bomb at the center of the area, causing a stunning disturbance.
    Kairula quietly pickpockets Eliana as they discuss strategies, while conjuring up a quick illusion to distract the enemy.
    A red Dragon's nostrils flare wildly with a great rush of air as his sinuous body contracts and his mouth opens wide to emit a rippling, unbroken roar that reverberates through your body.
    Taryius withdraws a number of crystals from his pouch, spinning and embedding the devices into the ground which suddenly lurches, sending Mhaldorians and heathens alike to the ground as a tremor vibe is born.
    Ameer headbutts a heathen angrily, before clubbing him to death with his mandolin.
    Vonne hides, in preparation to backstab.
    Flying above the battle, Cooper clenches his fist while using kai energy to slay without hesitation.
    Losing several arrows Lirah sticks her marks with perfect precision.
    Aegoth lands a room away and starts to launch sleep arrows into the aeonic area toward his foes.
    A heavily armoured knight tackles Stheno against the bloodied cobblestones. She stabs at him repeatedly, the both of them howling for blood.
    Sipping his vial of health Crixos, draws his rapiers lunging towards the druid.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a cheerful Bard has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a green-eyed Sylvan has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a gruff Runewarden has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Iloisee tears into an Ashtani soldier with her claws, grinning widely as the curare takes hold of his body.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a sombre Paladin has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a mischievous Jester has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Caught in a backlash of Kai energy, a daring Blademaster has fallen before a scarred monk.
    Eliana growls at the tremor caused by Taryius and slinks back behind the counter in the cafe, stuffing her pockets whilst keeping an eye on the fighters nearby.
    Keorin lunches forward in a scorpion stance, lashing out at an oncoming soldier in a flurry of kicks and punches.
    The fighting continues in this fashion for several days, until the raiding forces finally begin to tire and slowly begin to trickle back to their original cities.
    With a simple nod to his crystalline companion, Taryius commands his golem towards a Eleusian monk, the crystal being snapping his arm in two with a simple twist.
    Panting and aching all over, you look around yourself. Dark smoke thickens the air in the immediate vicinity, making it difficult to discern any details with clarity. Dancing flames cast an eerie glow within the foggy surroundings, while distant screams and the echoes of clashing weapons continue to reverberate around the deserted streets.
    Kairula grins at the amount of gold she managed to filch off of Eliana, before nervously sprinting out of the cafe to avoid what appears to be a rather large ball of fire.
    Ameer impales an enemy soldier with his rapier before breaking his head off inefficiently with what remains of his mandolin.
    Kuririn leans on his staff.
    Lirah reaches for her quiver, finding no arrows she switches to lashing whip her whip.
    Aegoth casts a holocaust on his own team, for good measure.
    A sickening crack issues from a heavily armoured knight's neck, as Stheno unwinds her chain.
    Saibel slips around the last of the straggling forces, wrapping her whip around his neck and yanking his head off.
    Eliana roams through the straggling soldiers returning to their homes, pickpocketing stealthily as she goes.

edited July 2019
    [spoiler](Party): The Lord Marshal says, "I go to hunt."
    (Party): A scarred monk says, "Where you lead, we follow, Lord Marshal."

Hylander bows his head slightly in respect to those in the room.
    Hoisting a Mhaldorian standard branded with the golden escarbuncle, the Mhaldorian contingent turns its back on the burning city and files out of the gates, vengeance burning in the eyes of each soldier.
    Breathing heavily, Taryius leans upon his staff, assessing the situation with a frown.
    Keorin is unfortunately incinerated by Aegoth's holocaust bomb.
    Darkness begins its slow descent as you follow in their footsteps, gradually enveloping you in pitch blackness. You are sightless for only a moment before it clears, and you find yourself within the Mhaldorian tent once more.
    Kairula begins to sprint through the streets, in terror, trying to escape the flames that lick throughout the city.
    Rising and falling in synchronised movements, motes of azure light drift outwards from an amethyst sphere, filling the room with an unearthly glow as they arrange into the shape of the Vulture.

Jurixe clasps her hands together, surveying the gathered crowd as the last of the shadows steal away.

Lirah breathe's heavily.

Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "This battle went down in Mhaldorian history. Not because we emerged victorious, for by any measure we did not; but instead, for the decisions we made."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "A mere thirty of us, standing against a contingent comprising five out of six cities in Sapience."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "We could have evacuated the city. We could have refused to fight."
    Jurixe says resolutely in a low, silken voice, "But we did not. For Strength demands sacrifice, and there is no price we will not pay to achieve perfection - even if it is our own lives. Even against insurmountable odds. Even when tasked to achieve the impossible."
    Jurixe spreads her slender arms outwards.
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "Many of you will never know what it is to live beneath the yoke of Evil. Through this experience, I trust you have gained some measure of insight into what it means to be Mhaldorian."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "Nissa spoke of cities forgetting history, culture and tradition in the face of warfare earlier. But battle and bloodshed is synonymous with Mhaldorian culture. We are forged in its flames, and the constant hardship it imposes upon us. Through it, we are reminded of the cause we fight for - the proliferation of Strength over all civilisation."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "The Western road is not a path for all. But those who truly choose it for themselves will find its lessons worthwhile, for simply making that choice demonstrates an extraordinary strength of will."
    Jurixe says in a low, silken voice, "Such raw potential can be honed into unrivalled greatness...if given the chance."
    Jurixe allows the words to sink in, before offering a slight bow, signifying the end of the showcase.

A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Evil is cool!"
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "I haven't felt bloodlust like that since my youth."
    A tiny halfling child says, "How do I become evil?"
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "Well done, all of you."
    Eliana says to a tiny halfling child in a lazy feline voice, "Eat some of that human salad."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Oh... nevermind then."
    A tiny halfling child says, "I just wanted to be cool."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "If I eat you, you become a part of evil."
    A tiny halfling child cowers in the corner, fearful of Ameer's wrath.
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "We'll begin another showcase momentarily. Stay for the augury."
    A tiny halfling child says, "What's an ogry?"
    Skye says to a tiny halfling child with a muddled Thalassian accent, "It's like fortune telling."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Oh! You can tell my future? Like a witch?"
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Like a witch."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Mama says never to trust a witch..."
    Stheno says to a tiny halfling child in a golden voice, "That sounds like something a witch would say, in disguise as your mother."
    A tiny halfling child snarls, "What."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Why is a witch dressed up as my mama!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Are witches evil? Or are evils witches?"

You see Stheno Aristata, the Gilded Muse yell, "On the heels of Lady Nithilar's reenactment of the Siege of Vengeance, we will very shortly be peering into the future with bloodletting. Come to me with your questions and fears."

Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "My back is beginning to ache with a vengeance. I may need to retire soon."
    Jotar, the Sangrean shepherd says, "And do try not to drive the child too mad."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Well, is it a witch that's doing the ogries?"
    Melodie says to a tiny halfling child with a flowing, cultured accent, "Auguries."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Ou-goory."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Oh grr!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Ogre?"
    Cooper says, "Perfect."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I want my ogre!"
    Stheno says to a tiny halfling child in a golden voice, "Seeing is simpler. Seers see."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Seers see? That's silly. Eaters eat."
    A tiny halfling child says, "I'm hungry."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "You must be prepared to bleed for it, little one."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Bleed?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "I don't wanna bleed."
    Stheno says in a golden voice, "Then no augury for you!"
    A tiny halfling child crosses his arms on his chest, sticks out his lower lip, and pouts.
    Siduri gives a slice of chocolate cake to a tiny halfling child.
    A tiny halfling child digs into a slice of chocolate cake happily, only adding to the mess already on him.
    Rackham smiles impishly and says to a tiny halfling child in a low, raspy voice, "They've even got salad here."
    A tiny halfling child says, "I don't want their salad! It's got people in it."
    A tiny halfling child says, "I'm full from this cake."
    Taryius says in a harsh, rasping voice, "Those of you wanting a test of the brutality of the Red Square should look towards the replicas here, breathe in a cornerstone of Mhaldorian culture!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Why would I want a red square? I can draw that." [/spoiler]

(At this point I had to leave, I did not catch the augeries. Sorry.)
    edited July 2019
    [spoiler]Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "My greatest thanks go to Mhaldor for their excellent showcase - the first among the many taking place as part of the Worlds' Fair festivities!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "In just over a quarter of a day, the next showcase is due to commence!"

A loud clattering from countless items falling over each other emanates from somewhere in New Thera. It is followed by the sounds of someone yelling in incomprehensible anger before a door slams shut.

Soon after, a lone figure is seen arriving at the Sangre Plains, burdened by a heavy sack. Stopping to catch its breath, it finds its way to the Worlds' Fair, vanishing amidst the large crowds.

Clattering rises once more, this time from within the fairground's northwestern end.

Proprietor: Makesh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)------------------------------(Stock)--(Price)
             doll349005 a peculiar doll resembling a mhun              50    8000gp
             doll347740 a peculiar doll resembling a grook             49    8000gp
             doll348225 a peculiar doll resembling a satyr             50    8000gp
           ribbon327951 a multicoloured "Worlds' Fair" ribbon          49     200gp

You see Makesh shout, "At last, I have arrived! The World's Fair now hosts yours truly, come with a new selection of unique, limited-stock wares."

Makesh exclaims, "Welcome, welcome!"
    Makesh exclaims, "Hello there! I'm afraid we don't have anything in stock right now, but check back when it is nearer to Mayaween or Logosmas!"

Makesh grunts as he's pushed against the edge of the tent by over-eager attendees.

Makesh exclaims, "Calm yourselves! You are not animals!"
    Makesh says, "There are plenty of toys for everyone."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I want a doll!"
    Syla gives a peculiar doll resembling a mhun to a tiny halfling child.
    Kuririn gives a peculiar doll resembling a grook to a tiny halfling child.
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Thank you for the toys!"

Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum shouts, "In just a few minutes, our next showcase is due to begin! I'll not reveal the name of the participants, but I am assured that you will know of their arrival!"

The thunderous clatter of many dozen footfalls sounds throughout the Sangre Plains as a legion of soldiers arrives at the Worlds' Fair.

Towering over others, the Palm of Kkractle is a massive, hulking figure comprised of molten lava. A suit of charred armour covers his vaguely humanoid form, each piece several inches thick to ensure maximum protection. Fiery magma roils between the coal-hued plates, blazing bright against their singed surfaces to create a startling contrast between deep red and harsh black. Crowning his already-intimidating figure is a vile dragon skull, acting as a makeshift helm even as its curled, pointed horns bear evidence of countless scorch marks. The Palm wields an immense iron warhammer in both hands, its sheer span rising to meet his chest while his blazing, fire-drenched hands threaten to melt the handle with their powerful grasp.
    The Palm of Kkractle exudes an aura of overwhelming power.
    He weighs about 250 pounds.
    He is loyal to The Elemental Plane of Fire.
    You see nothing in it.

This priest of Aegis holds himself still, his form shrouded beneath formal black robes edged with silver. Crimson embroidery forms a pair of crossed scimitars upon the sleeves, a symbol of his allegiance. Sharply observing his surroundings, two steel grey eyes stare out from underneath a blackened helm atop his head. At his side is strapped a small dagger, while he wields a gnarled quarterstaff covered in glowing black runes. A thick plate of armour bulges out from beneath his thin outer clothing, some type of armour concealed beneath the flowing lengths.
    Akrile, War Priest of Aegis appears to be extraordinarily strong.
    He weighs about 187 pounds.
    He is loyal to The Divine Order of Aegis, God of War.
    You see nothing in it.

Composed entirely of well trained rajamala soldiers, this division holds a disciplined and rigid poise. Each member is clad in the distinctive armour of the Legion of Flame - platinum full plate bearing motifs of fire and mystical glyphs that covers the otherwise diverse arrangement of glossy furs, striped manes, and monochromatic pelts that make up the throng. Falcons rest at ease upon the wrist of each legionnaire, the birds holding a posture as steady and confident as their masters, ashen feathers unruffled. A dozen pairs of black eyes survey the surrounds with practised vigilance, ever-wary for threats and prepared to spring into violent confrontation at nary a moment's notice.
    A division of the Flame Legion does not even register your presence as a threat.
    He weighs about 3511 pounds.
    You see nothing in it.

The Palm of Kkractle shouts, "The Legion of Flame awaits your attendance."

A tiny halfling child says, "Soooo cool."
    Myna greets the Palm of Kkractle with a sincere smile.
    The Palm of Kkractle offers Myna a respectful salute.
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Good to see you, Commander. Were you looking for work?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Are the soldiers evil?"
    Auria says to a tiny halfling child in a soft, warmth filled voice, "No, they're not."
    A tiny halfling child wipes the back of his hand across his brow in relief.

You watch as Aegoth pulls on a peculiar doll resembling a grook's string and its arms extend straight upwards before it begins to perform a series of acrobatic forward handsprings. On a figure less stiff and wooden, they might look elegant. On the wooden toy, they look mildly comical.
    As Aegoth pulls on a peculiar doll resembling a grook's string, the miniature grook on its shoulder lets out a shrill cackle before his hand points forward. "Burn them all!" he screams in a tiny, squeaky voice. Shortly after, the larger doll fashions a miniature holocaust globe and lets it fall to the ground.
    *******************************************************************************
    The tiny holocaust globe ominously stops pulsing for a fraction of a second, and then explodes into a fiery conflagration that consumes all around it - within a few inches, at least.
    *******************************************************************************

The Palm of Kkractle says, "We approve of this manifestation of flames."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "But it is not the purpose for which you are gathered. Cease your frippery."

The Palm of Kkractle calls for silence from all present, his expression literally smouldering.
    The Palm makes a series of imperious gestures, calling for attention. At once the Legion of Flame adopts an even more disciplined and rigid pose, their faces forward and their expressions blank.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, left salute."

The Legion of Flame turns as a single unit, shifting to face the left side of the clearing. As the sound of boots subsides, the legionnaires raise their left arms in a salute to the gathered throng, remaining utterly still and silent but for this sole action.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, right salute."

The Legion of Flame turns as a single unit, shifting to face the right side of the clearing. As the sound of boots subsides, the legionnaires raise their right arms in a salute to the gathered throng, remaining utterly still and silent but for this sole action.

A tiny halfling child watches the perfectly synced soldiers in awe, hugging his various dolls to his chest.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, face front."

The legionnaires of Kkractle obey the command instantaneously, returning to their original position. Without exception, the rajamala division keep their eyes facing forward, their arms still and their posture utterly rigid.

The Palm of Kkractle nods.
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Formation: phalanx."
    Akrile, War Priest of Aegis slams the bottom of his staff upon the ground, nodding with approval.

Silently acquiescing to the will of their Commander, the division of Flame disperses momentarily, spreading out to begin the formation manoeuvre.

The legionnaires reform into closer ranks, moving with startling fluidity and grace. Drawing their weapons with incredible simultaneity, the division assembles into a tight rectangle, a paradigm of restrained violence as they hold their blades forward and fall still as the phalanx formation is achieved.

The Palm of Kkractle nods.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Formation: lines."

Abandoning their phalanx, the division sheathes their weapons and disperses anew, preparing for the next arrangement.

The soldiers busily assemble themselves into a square shape, forming orderly lines with perfectly equidistant space between each legionnaire. The eyes of dozens of falcons train their gazes on the crowd, breaking from the discipline of their masters to observe the spectators.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, bows."

Never breaking the silence, the division draws bows in unison, eyes fixed forward on their Commander as the charred weapons enter their hands.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, nock."

Paying no heed to the observant crowd, the legionnaires swiftly draw an arrow from a custom quiver at their belts. Nocking the projectile to the blackened weapons, they wait silently for the command to draw.
    The flames that compose Taryius' lips curl upwards as he watches the Legion.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, draw."

As one, the Legion of Flame draw back their bowstrings, the charred weapons holding firm. The tails of each rajamalan soldier shift in unison before growing still as the well-trained division holds steady without so much as an arm quavering despite the tense posture they maintain.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, loose."

A series of loud twangs consumes the otherwise pervasive silence as, without even a minuscule moment of hesitation, dozens of bows release their projectiles into the distance.
    But a few moments later, the twangs are followed by a simultaneous barrage of thwacks - the arrows striking a distant target with absurdly accurate synchronicity. Satisfied, the soldiers re-shoulder their bows before returning to the now-familiar disciplined posture, awaiting orders.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, release falcons."

The air grows dark as the soldiers of Kkractle release their falcons, the flock of birds taking to the skies and circling in a formation as perfectly and rigidly ordered as that of their masters. The low humming of wings flapping persists while the avians hold the position. Only their eyes break ranks, swivelling to fall upon all and sundry with a scrutinising glare.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, recall falcons."

The Legion soldiers hold out their arms and open their mouths, baring feline teeth before loosing a series of shrill whistles. The flock of falcons overhead instantly acquiesces to the sound, beginning to dive as one before dispersing at the last second, alighting upon the wrists of each legionnaire and coming to rest with wings folded.
    Akrile, War Priest of Aegis leans his weight against his staff, a smirk sliding across his lips as he nods and squints upwards.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, hold position."

The soldiers remain utterly still as, apparently satisfied, the Palm turns to address the crowd, his own posture as rigid and ordered as the troops he commands.

The Palm of Kkractle says, "Discipline is a core part of our training. This applies to all soldiers in the Eternal Fire's service - and all creatures."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "You have been offered a sample of this discipline. Perhaps it will aid in your own war efforts."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "The Legion of Flame ever seeks determined soldiers to fill the ranks."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Those with true dedication are promoted swiftly, on merit alone."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Those without will find their lives spent among the latrines and stables."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Emissary Lltharax awaits those who wish to serve the Eternal Fire."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "For those without the stamina or fortitude, the priests of our Schism have arranged a selection of wares in the nearby tent. Peruse if you are of a frivolous leaning."
    The Palm of Kkractle says, "Legion, depart."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "That was so cool! I'm going to join the Legion of Flame!"[/spoiler]
  • Thanks for all the info so far, @Ryx!
  • Long auburn hair hangs from this maplewood doll's head, left ostly loose but for a cord midway down its back that is entirely insufficient for the job. Twelve inches tall, the toy is carved to  resemble Asmodron Dicondron, a pensive expression on its face that highlights the emerald glass eyes
    fitted into it. The figure sits statuesque upon a walnut base, attached to a stool that juts out from the plinth. In front of it stands a miniature Sojourn board that catches the satyr's full attention. Half-hidden by the puppet's long hair, an iron ring attached to a string juts out from
    its spine.
    It has 49 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 0 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Makesh (a denizen).

• I love the halfling child.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    A bit of feedback for the city showcases:

Most of us are using a black background, we can't read really dark colour fonts very well. In particular the dark blue or red colour :/

Denizen interactions immediately after the showcase!

[spoiler]Green vapours mingle with Bail's breath as he says, "Weird, the float was missing the part where you're all subservient dogs to the Tsol'teth."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I wanna ride the float!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Can we run over the green dragon with bad sense of direction?"
    Eliana says to a tiny halfling child in a lazy feline voice, "You can ride it later, if you like. But not next to Gred. You're a crumb to him."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Yay! I get to ride the float."
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "This Fair is an opportunity to celebrate and share histories, cultures, stories, and personalities. It is not a forum to levy insults at each other, something that you all have no trouble doing at any other time!"

"Hmph!" Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum snorts.

Marron says in an appealing, husky voice, "Someone remind me to give that kiddo another cookie."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Cookies?"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum exclaims, "I look forward to observing the readings in your tent!"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Where!"
    Nissa, the Head Archivist of the Lucretian Athenaeum says, "I shall make my way there presently."
    Cailin smiles and says to a tiny halfling child in a clear voice, "Have you been enjoying the fair?"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "The fair's been lots of fun!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Everyone's nice except the green dragon."
    Farrah says to a tiny halfling child, "And the Mhaldorians."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Which ones are the Mhaldorians? The evil ones?"

Skye nods her head at a tiny halfling child.
    Tesha smiles and nods at a tiny halfling child.
    Farrah nods her head at a tiny halfling child.

A tiny halfling child says, "Well... they're scary, but they're also cool."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "The blood ogres were fun!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "And their god showed up! And he took the witch's soul."
    Farrah says to a tiny halfling child, "Yes. You do not want to lose your soul, though."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "He gave it back to her!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "In a ring."
    A tiny halfling child says, "Sooo cool."
    Farrah says to a tiny halfling child, "Only a sliver."
    A tiny halfling child snarls, "A whole silver."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Amazing!"
    Cailin says to a tiny halfling child in a clear voice, "What is your name, anyways?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Mama says not to give my name to strangers."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "Have you found your mother's remains yet?"
    A tiny halfling child says, "I found mama last time! She was ALIVE, you liar."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "Was?"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "Well, last I saw her!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "It was after the shows last month."
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "Did you run away from her again?"
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "No!"
    Ameer's words thrum through the air as he says to a tiny halfling child, "Look at the state of you, you still haven't bathed. Child."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I took a bath just earlier!"
    A tiny halfling child says, "Then I fell over when practicing with my dagger though."
    A tiny halfling child exclaims, "I'm going to go look at the tent!"

A small halfling child skips out to the west.[/spoiler]

I really wish the unique non-craftable Fair items took longer to decay!