Crafting The Future!

Comments

• Can we vote against things? Cause I'm totally voting against anything liquor oriented, way to much credits put out for a specialty drink only to have everyone get one now.

I'm down for the farming concept, leatherwork, bags, vials, and anything else suggested. :)
  • ...I sort of already regret asking this, but...

Can you guys add more than three new tradeskills of this lot? Like... almost all of them?
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • The drink auction was a mistake.
  • In truth, I wouldn't mind a USE or function for mini-pets, if I was considering a trade-skill, I would think of something like a hunter, which combines skinning and leather-working and traps based around hunting for specific signature monsters.  You'd train mini-pets and/or mounts to help track specific mobs which can be slain for their materials.  All parts of monsters are used to improve ya hunting skills, tools, and customization pieces, some of which could be used by other trade skills. 

I love the idea of beast-care, but I'd almost go as far as saying, skill rename to Veterinary.  Something based around teaching and training minis and mounts for unique skills and attacks which can be taught and trained.  As mob uses their tools, they growth in skills tied to hunger and mood, being damaged in battle, or cool downs each time tools are used. Veterinarians can teach a basic set of skills, for example: bodyguard, lick wounds, territory mark((quick return to spot)), tracking, fetch((pick up stuff for you)), mail delivery, imitation(( mimmic sounds to attract beasts)), breeding, affliction curing, and possibly learning to use a single element type.  They also can balance their diet which allows them to grow their health and mana as they grow their strengths. 
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    people with a ton of pets are annoying.
  • Archaeon said:
    people with a ton of pets are annoying.
    wru @Zulah

• Stefana said:
    Vhaith said:
    too many people with a zillion mini-pets and mounts.
    I came to this thread to have a good time and I am honestly feeling so attacked right now.
    I'm thankful for the fact that a ton of pets following is now just made a 'gaggle' instead of the nightmare it was.. but when someone logs in and drops 23784362837 pets, one at a time, and gets each one to follow, ONE AT A TIME, it gets a little annoying.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• I think ORIGAMI would be great. Being able to fold specific papers only obtainable in specific areas into temporary (30-60 min) things like a ...

KITE - can follow flying, but not fly

CANOO - a ship that can only row

CHAIR - for those lengthy rituals

AIRPL..BIRD - for a fun throwing distance contest

etc.
  • Plak said:
    I think ORIGAMI would be great. Being able to fold specific papers only obtainable in specific areas into temporary (30-60 min) things like a ...

KITE - can follow flying, but not fly

CANOO - a ship that can only row

CHAIR - for those lengthy rituals

AIRPL..BIRD - for a fun throwing distance contest
    A sheaf of ornate letters works with any stationery kit. You can buy both with crowns. You can TURN letters into many shapes of origami, although paper birds that fly and paper boats that float on water would be very cute.

Once I made a paper ecosystem for @Ellodin.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• If we're going against things I'll have to say I'd take a hard pass on perfumes. I know some people adore them, but if it doesn't come with a spraybottle I can douse people with to stop the incessant amount of spam messages... I'd really rather just not. That being said, a perfume off command is something that would solve all of my woes and would be turned on immediately and left that way forever. I just find them annoying during meetings with 8 or more people wearing it and all of the various messages flooding the room or clogging my system with every new type being gagged.

(Sorry to you die hard perfume lovers!) 
  • Pipecrafting (Perhaps as a subset of woodworking)
    Distilling/Brewing

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    pipecrafting would be a bit of a pain, if they changed the smoking messages. 
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    I don't think a tradeskill should be rejected on the basis of message gagging. I think an accompanying option, like WEATHER OFF, but for perfume, pets, et cetera, would be just fine.
  • Could you guys have a look at the forging skills while you are adding new stuff please? It is incredibly out of line with the other skills and needs some love.
  • edited July 2019
    Ryx said:
    I don't think a tradeskill should be rejected on the basis of message gagging. I think an accompanying option, like WEATHER OFF, but for perfume, pets, et cetera, would be just fine.
    I religiously gag perfumes which works alright. Unfortunately, I occasionally get spammed by the **illusion** message from clarity (aka lifevision) because someone is conjuring an illusion instead of actually wearing a perfume and I end up having to pause my system to figure out what the heck is going on. I would really love a config for perfumes one day whether or not perfumes becomes a separate tradeskill. I know this is not likely to happen, but I will quietly hope for it!
  • On the thought of book binding and journal making, I'd like to add scrolls to that. I really like using scrolls, rather than only using a page or two of a journal then sealing it. 
  • Tahquil said:
    I would enjoy artistry a lot. I have painting journals which would be nice to be made into paintings to sell as well as some sculptures designs in word documents which would be nice to realise.
    So does my IG sister, and I enjoyed them so much that I was going to host an art fair and try to build an art museum. But then I realized I simply didn't have the time and energy for such a huge undertaking.
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Might be controversial, but could we add the ability to repair weapons/armour to to corresponding smithing abilities? Could scale the comms cost to the smith's rank but still have it be beneficial to the consumer over buying/forging completely new weapons if they are satisfied with the one they currently have. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Forging makes very little as it is for the investment you make!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    If we're going against things I'll have to say I'd take a hard pass on perfumes. I know some people adore them, but if it doesn't come with a spraybottle I can douse people with to stop the incessant amount of spam messages... I'd really rather just not. That being said, a perfume off command is something that would solve all of my woes and would be turned on immediately and left that way forever. I just find them annoying during meetings with 8 or more people wearing it and all of the various messages flooding the room or clogging my system with every new type being gagged.

(Sorry to you die hard perfume lovers!) 
    I see the need for a shop of wonders item called: Nose-peg :D
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    Melodie said:
    Forging makes very little as it is for the investment you make!

Exactly why I think repairs should be a thing, so it can be charged for! Maybe it could even itself help raise rank, at a much lesser rate. 
  • If it makes it a bit cheaper to maintain high ranking descriptors while promoting high ranking smiths, I'm down for it. It'd have to be balanced just right, though.

For example, I could imagine a REINFORCE action adding 30 months to any suit of armour (possibly only if it has 30 months or less), but its size for descriptor purposes is lower than usual (for example half, rounding up), and expert reduction still applies on top of that.

However, in order to repair a descriptor, you must also be able to forge it.

As an aside, I find it really odd that, due to smelt and reforge being the only way to reroll stats, the best non-artefact armours and weapons tend to be the cheapest. High ranking descriptors usually result in lower actual quality, because when you're spending 40k to make one suit of armour, do you really want to reroll for a small 1% bonus?

I wish, for example, there was some mechanic like... blacksmith and artisan descriptors give +1 stat, while virtuoso and master descriptors give +2 stat, guaranteed.

And a way to REFORGE artefact armour to reroll stats and possibly change descriptors, so artefact buyers aren't screwed from this change.
  • Glathna said:
    Building: The ability to build places people can enter: huts, treehouses, cabins, tents, towers, cottages, houses, cafes, etc. I'm not suggesting to replace the old housing system, as the places people can enter wouldn't be built with room credits, nor could one put addons such as endurance and willpower regeneration. These would be to add flavor to cities and forests, places people can enter and be owned by adventurers as a sort of public place to invite people to visit and view art, have some kawhe, have some cozy time in a tree, that kind of thing.

Landscaping: The ability to add natural features to a location: gardens, intricate stonework, fountains, fences, bushes, trees. Adventures could interact with these items such as sit on the edge of the fountain, throw a coin in to make a wish; sit under the shade of the bush; plant roses in the garden; touch the stonework.
    I like these, but for Building to be a thing, I think it would have to be preset descs rather than a design tradeskill. So you'd get the materials, and BUILD TOWER, and a tower with a tower desc would appear. A tower would look the same as every other tower. Alternatively, you could have 3-5 different towers available in the tower Ab scroll, so you could BUILD TOWER <tall/square/gloomy>.
This discussion has been closed.