Quick Questions

Comments

• Ysela said:
    The website fades out/gets darker and "locks" (can't click links or highlight text, etc) when I scroll down. Is that just me? Suggestions for fixing? On Firefox 67.0.4
    It sounds like there's a popup activating that you're not seeing. There's recently been the addition of a newsletter popup prompt that appears the once. The screen goes dark when it's behind that popup.
  • edited July 2019
     I dont get that behavior on mobile chrome.  It may be the new "sign up for our email" pop-up that happens, do you see that?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • @Nicola @Torinn Disabling adblock and duckduckgo did reveal a popup, that when clicked solved it. Thank you
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Anyone else getting spammed by the newsletter popup on the site? I'm already signed up for the newsletter, so not sure why it keeps popping up each time.

• Kresslack said:
    Anyone else getting spammed by the newsletter popup on the site? I'm already signed up for the newsletter, so not sure why it keeps popping up each time.
    Same, and yes. It is so annoying :(
  • For those seeing the newsletter popup more than once you might want to see if cookies are disabled for www.achaea.com. Cookies are how it tracks whether or not you've seen the popup. If cookies are disabled, it will constantly think you've not been provided the popup.
  • I have cookies enabled and it keeps popping up.  (I am clicking the X though, I don't like email newsletters of any kind)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Torinn said:
    I have cookies enabled and it keeps popping up. 
    Same. This only started happening recently, within about a couple of days.

• Is this lag just me? Can't even ask in game!

• I had that too, restarted mudlet and was fine after a minute
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach
    Also had that problem around your post time.
  • So did I, thought it was just my end
    Cooper said:
    Is this lag just me? Can't even ask in game!
    Yep, same. Ictinus said they were looking into it on the Discord.

• Wait what.
    Vinzent said:
    Wait what.
    There was a massive lag spike earlier this evening.

• So, random question here, but does anyone have the description of the old Zarathustran Eagle? I finally read up on the lore on it, and I'm curious now what it actually looked like.
  • I will maintain that lore getting pulled into lolfreedom nonsense is a damned tragedy.

Rip Zarathustra. One of the game's greatest historic generals, roped into a meme and then brushed ignobly off the stage.
    Tried the Sojourn game at the world fair but was getting frustrated when I was trying to buy supplies, and it was taking the gold without giving me provisions. For those that have played previously, is this typical? I bugged it and got a "working as intended" message.

• Kresslack said:
    Tried the Sojourn game at the world fair but was getting frustrated when I was trying to buy supplies, and it was taking the gold without giving me provisions. For those that have played previously, is this typical? I bugged it and got a "working as intended" message.
    It is, you need to buy provisions once for each party member before your days worth of supplies goes up.

If you have four people, you need four provisions for 1 day of food. Its a little confusing at first because your food is stored in # of provisions, but displayed in # of days to be fed.
    Taryius said:
    Kresslack said:
    It is, you need to buy provisions once for each party member before your days worth of supplies goes up.

If you have four people, you need four provisions for 1 day of food. Its a little confusing at first because your food is stored in # of provisions, but displayed in # of days to be fed.
    Ok, that's good to know. Thanks!

• Are battleaxes good for anything, or just outclassed by scims in every way? The axe only skills seem pretty cool. Would there be any merit to wielding one of each? Could you use all the axe and sword only skills then? Or would that just make tracking limbs even worse?
  • Battleaxes are good for damaging out low resistance unartied people. The axe only skills are situational and since you can wield weapons without cost, you just swap to them when you need to use those specific skills. There is no merit in wielding one of each.
  • Okay. How does dual cutting work in general? Afflictions kind of turn me off but I guess if it just throws out some hindrance that would be okay. How does it compare to dual blunt? Not sure what blunt can all do.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Gror said:
     Afflictions kind of turn me off 
    oof
  • edited July 2019
    Gror said:
    Okay. How does dual cutting work in general? Afflictions kind of turn me off but I guess if it just throws out some hindrance that would be okay. How does it compare to dual blunt? Not sure what blunt can all do.
    DWC afflictions can hinder, and both paralysis and nausea are important for parry bypass while you prep. Dual blunt does not have affliction output, you do have a window to bypass parry with expend. Prep is quick, damage is a tonne, and you do well with arties, and you probably need both flails and stars, cos both of them are useful! most people's problem is surviving the heavy hinder and affliction pressure since dual blunt has no affliction to hinder back.
  • Gror said:

I feel this quite a bit.  :s  Lots of affs plus limb prep = probably not the easiest spec to have start with, but whatevs. 
  • Numira said: hi
    Gror said:

I feel this quite a bit.  :s  Lots of affs plus limb prep = probably not the easiest spec to have start with, but whatevs. 
    Yeah, I would literally never be able to track them with anything I would know how to code. I guess throwing out a few to aid while prepping would be tolerable but anything more for me is not in the realm of possibility.

Dochitha said:
    Gror said:
    Okay. How does dual cutting work in general? Afflictions kind of turn me off but I guess if it just throws out some hindrance that would be okay. How does it compare to dual blunt? Not sure what blunt can all do.
    DWC afflictions can hinder, and both paralysis and nausea are important for parry bypass while you prep. Dual blunt does not have affliction output, you do have a window to bypass parry with expend. Prep is quick, damage is a tonne, and you do well with arties, and you probably need both flails and stars, cos both of them are useful! most people's problem is surviving the heavy hinder and affliction pressure since dual blunt has no affliction to hinder back.
    Needing more than one weapon is a drawback for my poor self. Been leaning towards 2h but have been told it's not a good specc for infernal so am considering other options. What do you think is probably the easiest for a major noob?
  • edited July 2019
    Gror said:
     Been leaning towards 2h but have been told it's not a good specc for infernal so am considering other options. What do you think is probably the easiest for a major noob?
    2h 'works' for infernal. It's not as good as Runewarden, or as pointless as Paladin, but it works. Beyond that, if you're wanting to learn to fight then ... Not knight, would be a good recommendation if you can't get two weapons. DWC/DWB are both pretty poor without them. Workable, but still horrible. I think Proficy tried out 2h infernal and did okay with it. SnB infernal is alright for locks (but said locks are RNG due to maggots), but SnB is beyond atrocious for hunting. It works just fine without artifact weapons, though... But you said you hate keeping track of afflictions, so there's that :P

• Pyori said:
    Gror said:
     Been leaning towards 2h but have been told it's not a good specc for infernal so am considering other options. What do you think is probably the easiest for a major noob?
    2h 'works' for infernal. It's not as good as Runewarden, or as pointless as Paladin, but it works. Beyond that, if you're wanting to learn to fight then ... Not knight, would be a good recommendation if you can't get two weapons. DWC/DWB are both pretty poor without them. Workable, but still horrible. I think Proficy tried out 2h infernal and did okay with it. SnB infernal is alright for locks (but said locks are RNG due to maggots), but SnB is beyond atrocious for hunting. It works just fine without artifact weapons, though... But you said you hate keeping track of afflictions, so there's that :P
    Well, I suppose two level 2s is as realistic as one level 3. I'm mostly intrigued by cutting now because I had a lot of fun with lunge at one point, and the fire plane scabbard is very cool and a good fit for gror. I dont really know anything else about how it plays though.

No interest in snb fortunately.