Crafting The Future!

Comments

• I'd really like to see some wider reaching tradeskills like some mentioned by Andraste. Which, actually all sound like a hell of a lot of fun. That gem idea would be hella cool.

If woodworking, I'd like to see something that encompasses staves, bows, vials, and hopefully some unique types of arrows to be made. Arrow variety would be a very nice addition.

I'd absolutely adore a taming skill where you can find and tame the various creatures of the world in a few different aspects. Some would be nothing more than minipets, some would be trained to be mounts, and others could have specific perks. Taming a bird could be used to deliver letters, something else may give a chance for extra harvesting, and maybe a few could have minor combat effects (at the risk of your poor pet being killed).

Arcane tinkering - Mixing of various aspects of magic with "tech" to make bombs to help remove walls and other effects. (Magic guns? Plz? I just want mah musketz Q.Q)
  • RyxRyx North of Northreach

I'd absolutely adore a taming skill where you can find and tame the various creatures of the world in a few different aspects.
    I want to tame the slugbeast and drop it in Hashan. (Just kidding, love you Hashan.)
  • Spellcraft - creations of flasks, pages of spells that can be spoken in a room, or over totems or effigies kinda like sigils. Can even use the shards

I do love the leather marking and crystal harvesting for making the various other containers such as packs, quivers, scabbards.

Preparation - Since we have things like mining for the other comms, it would be great to have something to make the the others, such as cloth, rope, leather, and wood. Could be like wood cutting from deadfall. Prep to make rope and cloth, and skinning for getting leather to tan.
  • I quite like the idea Kresslack had, for a Shipwright - ships lack so much individuality.
    I like the idea of custom containers for weaponry, I think that one would get a lot of use.
    And I think that Brewing or some variation of it, is more than likely going to be the absolutely most requested skill set.
  • Some general idea of how the beastcare/husbandry skill could work.

*You can gain a foal/egg/whatever from several stables across the world.

*The higher you are in the skill, the more advanced creatures you can get (legendary steads for example).

*As you increase your proficiency in the skill, you can unlock new attributes that can be adjusted to mounts.

*You can learn unique "patterns" to apply to mounts from stablehands across the world. This is similar to armorsmithing. The requirements for such is X

*Unique utility abilities can be applied to a mount, such as being able to DIG akin to having a shovel.

*Each city can have a unique mount that can be gained to raise. This would be a legendary mount.
  • Glassblowing - making vials, alembics, pots, dishes, glassware, decorative vases. Maybe even stained glass windows.
    httpswwwachaeacombannerroseliejpg
  • Asmodron said:
    Beastcare: Nurturing of selected beasts into mounts. Ability to affect their appearance, ranging from fur/skin color, size, and any other unique attributes.

This. Allow adventures to capture certain wild animals, and through proper taming / training etc etc turn them into mounts. 
  • I want to be a puppy rancher.
  • I'd certainly but my support behind Coopers idea with alcohol. I also really like the idea of glass blowing and sculpting 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Some of this has been said but rather than pulling each to comment or support:

Brewing - not just alcoholic drinks; could be design-based
    Leatherworking - Making packs, quivers, etc; would also allow you to make packs that hold more items and add customizations to them; would not necessarily need to be design based
    Glassblowing - Used to make vials, bowls, pipes, etc; Not design based, but the materials used would allow slight customization (e.g. using gems or stones to accent the material)
  • Turning: the craft of making containers, whether out of wood, clay, stone, glass or metal. Could include glassblowing and fletching too.

Fletching could also be a separate skill, with a variety of arrows leading up to being able to craft meteor arrows.

Being able to craft fishing lures would be awesome

I love the idea of making packs etc, but not sure about leatherworking as a name, just because other materials should be possible. Also something letting us tan our own leather and weave our own cloth?
  • Shipwright type skill would definitely be welcomed, including being able to alter descriptions within a set list of descriptors, similar to how you can select for armor and weapons. That gives some customizing, without cutting into the credit based changes.

I'm with a drink making skill, but I'd also like to see the ability for things other than alcohols. There's a lot of crafting room for tea, kawhe, juices, etc.
  • I'd personally like a way to make customisation patterns.

Basically, you'd go through the customisation process as normal, but instead of affecting one item, you'd get a pattern that you can craft and sell.

So people can make their own version of virtually any common item (backpacks, pipes, etc.) complete with reactions if so desired.

Aside from that, brewing as per above, and runelore's more tradeskill-styled abilities.
  • Trey said:
    Vhaith said:
    Perfumes!

Don't care how it's done, would just love it.
    Cooper said:
    Alcohol making. Wine, beer, liquors, etc.
    Y'all really do hate me, don't you...
    I wear your perfume! But it would also be awesome to be able to design my own, without having to spend 4 crowns and then 250 credits each time I wanted a new scent.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Auranation (creating auras) - gain the ability to gather essence from denizens or players and create beneficial auras that have a quick decay, only able to have one aura active at a time. The auras themselves can be seen by others. These could do anything %increase to stuff, temporary or “charges” depending on crafter level. Just always thought being able to be wreathed in a golden glow, purple aura would be sweet. 

Flamekeeping - Someone able to embellish on campfires, or creates braziers. With those as the base, they then could move on to create charms or something that others could use to throw into the fire and provides a group (or single player buff) that can provide many types of temporary buffs (hour or two) You could only have “x” amount active at the time etc.

Fabrication - able to utilize junk that denizens drop or things that are about to lose usefulness to craft certain types of things from bombs, rafts, traps, packs, basically anything that normally would have a use for. Like a humgii only you get things in return.

A lot of these ideas are fantastic, Coopers idea of beer making, glassblowing was phenomenal to give more flavor to city vials etc.

• A tradeskill to create liquid containers: alembics, beakers, tuns, barrels, kegs, vials, goblets, glasses, mugs, buckets, tea kettles, bottles, chamber pots, troughs, water bags, etc. Really, this could combine with the solids containers tradeskill. If it's going to be a design one, it might as well be super juicy for 200CR. Just call it containers, or somesuch.

Science: A tradeskill devoted to technology, whether it be explosives; objects that react to electrical current like from dragon, magi, sylvan; objects that animate with fire like from Xorani, red dragons, fire lords, etc; clockwork objects that can be moved with psychic energy like from Psions, Monks, blademasters, etc; combining magical elements and chemistry together like an icewall made from a fluid that explodes into jaggid shards after a certain amount of time; a sigil catapult; mixing elements together to create more firtal soil; building waterwheels to power something very creative that I can't think of at the end of a long day; and anything else more scientifically minded people and a more intricate knowledge  of Sapience style magic can slam together for very unique gameplay options.

• I love the idea of Perfumery and alcohol making. Imagine the possibilities!
    I'd most likely pick Perfumery the same minute you launch it!

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

• I love housing, I wish it would get the attention it deserves. But basing tradeskills around housing seems like a waste of resources, sadly, due to the extreme limitations of housing.

Speaking just about security, for example, a painting or a sculpture would maybe be seen, what, once or twice in a real-life year? Inviting guests over to your house to marvel at your decor is essentially an invitation for a home invasion or worse, a city raid.

Alcohol-brewing seems nice, or cosmetics like perfumes.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited July 2019
    Morsul said:
    I love housing, I wish it would get the attention it deserves. But basing tradeskills around housing seems like a waste of resources, sadly, due to the extreme limitations of housing.

Speaking just about security, for example, a painting or a sculpture would maybe be seen, what, once or twice in a real-life year? Inviting guests over to your house to marvel at your decor is essentially an invitation for a home invasion or worse, a city raid.

Alcohol-brewing seems nice, or cosmetics like perfumes.
    Well, we do have furnishing, which is based for housing. I don't think (or perhaps I hope not) that the current state of affairs for housing will persist and  housing-centric tradeskills should not be completely out of the running because of the current situation. You could even argue that if more people took up painting (for example) and used housing more to show off their works, housing's concerns would be more relevant to more people and thus, might be more likely to see change.

Admittedly, I am eternally optimistic and this is not the thread to debate housing. So I will restrict myself to saying that my choices only reflect my own preferences! I also agree that it would be fairer if the design skill was something that can be enjoyed universally, i.e. drinking, which I believe is the current frontrunner anyway.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I am ready for something new and different, so I am all for the leatherworking to make satchels, and such, the brewing of alcohols and things, and the glassblowing.  I think that would allow for some interesting new items!
  • Animal Husbandry: the ability to raise different types of animals, from farm animals to pets cats, dogs, pigs, goats, cows, bulls, penguins, bears, horses, birds, etc., etc. The animals can be used for production of milk, as with the farming idea above, meat, pelts, fur, various things for creating packs, sheaths, etc. for the other proposed containers trade skill, mounts, and the list can go on.

• Kresslack said:
    Shipwright - The ability to craft ship equipment, and things from customisable figureheads, sails, ship wheels, as well as well as sail and hull options for either increased speed, resistance, turn speed, and cargo space.

• The artistry/sculpture thing sounds cool, and book binding. (which could maybe even be squeezed into an artistry skill?) 

also, if there was temporary dyes or paints that you could use on hair, wings, etc sort of like war paint, that would be sweet.
This discussion has been closed.