The end of an era

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

For 15 years now, I've had the distinct privilege of shaping the worlds that you enjoy on a daily basis here at IRE, working alongside some of the most creative, hard-working team members that anyone could ever ask for, and most of all, I've had the honour of getting to know you all; the players of our games. It is with a heavy heart that after all of this, it is time for me to say farewell.

With our second child due in the next few weeks, I've decided to step away to focus more on our growing family, before starting the next leg of my professional journey in the coming months. My last day with the company will be March 31, 2019.

While I’m not involved in the day-to-day running of Achaea any more, I’m overjoyed with the advancements to the game made under Nicola and Makarios, they’ve not only met my expectations, but have exceeded them beyond all imagination. It’s great to see so many of those “pie in the sky” ideas we’d brainstormed over the years come to life and finally get to be enjoyed by you all. I have so much to be thankful for, most of all, each and every one of you who I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with in some way, shape, or form over the years.

As always, I remain the greatest fan of Iron Realms and the amazing products they produce, and look forward to the future of Achaea, Aetolia, Imperian, Lusternia, and Starmourn, as well as any future endeavours they embark upon.

Comments

• Going to miss you, dude. 15 years is a long time. Good luck with everything!
  • can I have your stuff? 

Hope you still keep in contact, don’t fall off the face of the earth please :pensive:
  • Just want to say thanks for everything you did to make my playing time fun, dude.

As a father of 3, who couldn't be around as much as I wanted to be, I respect your decision.  They grow up way too damn fast (and there is so much to teach them about people and life nowadays) not to spend all the time you can with them.  Sorry to see you go, but proud of you for doing so. Bravo Zulu.

• Glad we got to meet the time that we did - you're a stand-up guy and were great while you were here. I wish you the best of fortune in your next steps, and hopefully I'll get to buy you and the missus another drink if I ever make it back home!

• Strewth, another true blue ankle biter on the way eh...

All the best @Tecton . I have fond memories of the time you started and of the years you led the Garden. I only really got to interact with you for bug fixes and Patron/building issues etc but every time you were courteous, kind, and more helpful than us whiny players deserved.

You leave a great legacy behind at IRE. Thankfully Achaea has had great succession and looks to be in excellent hands with the current crew. 

I wish you and your family all the best for the next stage of your life!
  • I can't believe I missed this thread!

I don't have enough time right now to right a proper response, but...

Tecton - you've influenced the lives of thousands of people over the years, in a positive and meaningful way.

Whether you agreed with something or not, you always were willing to listen, and gave the appropriate amount of ribbing to those who deserved it.

Whether you choose to not be involved with IRE at all in the future, I hope you know that, in any capacity, we would welcome you back with open arms!

Thank you for everything you ever did for me personally, or the game as a whole, it will always be appreciated.

• I mean... he was aiiiiight..  Stop fawning over the dude.  He did his job.

There, now that his ego is properly humbled, continue fawning.  We will all miss him for one thing or another.

• Sorry I am so late to the party; I only saw the note today.

You're a good man, Tecton, and it was good knowing you on the game. I often wondered how you could work as hard as you did for so long while keeping busy with our correspondence. I had to leave Achaea but I miss the many awesome people here, you being one of the foremost.

I hope you have a great career at the next place you work and that your family will be healthy and well. You deserve the best, and anybody who says otherwise is a liar.
  • Thank you @Tecton

• Last thing Tecton does before stepping back: Tsol'teth invasion that destroys all the cities.
  • Tecton said:

For 15 years now, I've had the distinct privilege of shaping the worlds that you enjoy on a daily basis here at IRE, working alongside some of the most creative, hard-working team members that anyone could ever ask for, and most of all, I've had the honour of getting to know you all; the players of our games. It is with a heavy heart that after all of this, it is time for me to say farewell.

With our second child due in the next few weeks, I've decided to step away to focus more on our growing family, before starting the next leg of my professional journey in the coming months. My last day with the company will be March 31, 2019.

While I’m not involved in the day-to-day running of Achaea any more, I’m overjoyed with the advancements to the game made under Nicola and Makarios, they’ve not only met my expectations, but have exceeded them beyond all imagination. It’s great to see so many of those “pie in the sky” ideas we’d brainstormed over the years come to life and finally get to be enjoyed by you all. I have so much to be thankful for, most of all, each and every one of you who I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with in some way, shape, or form over the years.

As always, I remain the greatest fan of Iron Realms and the amazing products they produce, and look forward to the future of Achaea, Aetolia, Imperian, Lusternia, and Starmourn, as well as any future endeavours they embark upon.
    Thank you @Tecton, your work and sacrifices have been much appreciated.  Sorry I'm late, and good luck in all you choose to do! B)
  • I was very sad to come back and see that you've gone, but I hear you on the reasons to step back. Best wishes! <3

~Anai