Weapons as Seen in Achaea

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
Modern Rogue is one of my favourite YT channels, as was Scam School before it. I noticed they recently did an episode on the Atlatl, which is an ancient, primitive weapon a lot of people in Achaea are familiar with. The idea is that it uses a handle to leverage the projectile to greatly increase the range it can travel. So I figured I'd share it here, as well as any other interesting and informative videos people might find regarding weapons commonly seen in Achaea (even if obviously not used to the same capacity or effect):

Atlatl

Dirk

Scythe

Comments

• edited June 2019
    @Aegoth interrupting people trying to raid

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Probably the closest thing I can think of to a holobomb, in historical equivalence, are the terracotta Greek fire hand grenades:

• Hehe Atlatls are fun. When I was in middle school they let us throw them at a fake mammoth on a field trip. Im not sure why our teacher trusted us with those things, but she was one of my favorite history teachers ever. 
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I always thought it was funny that a longsword was usable for SnB.
  • I always wondered what it would look like to drink these goofy oaken vials that are shaped like fists doing the thumbs up, the ones the wheel and globes give you. I just imagine people sucking on wooden thumbs mid-combat between their pipe puffs and can’t help but laugh.

Archaeon said:
    It's not uncommon, historically, if they were taking to the field, as longsword and even bastard swords can be used one-handed with a shield, or used two handed (though commonly referred to as hand and a half). From a dueling aspect though there's a lot you can do with a longsword that requires using it two handed.

• Kresslack said:
    Archaeon said:
    It's not uncommon, historically, if they were taking to the field, as longsword and even bastard swords can be used one-handed with a shield, or used two handed (though commonly referred to as hand and a half). From a dueling aspect though there's a lot you can do with a longsword that requires using it two handed.
    God, I don't even want to get into the classification debate, but I'll say that when the majority of people who aren't weaponry nerds talk about longswords, they're usually referring to arming swords.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    The specification longsword is due to the length of the hilt, not the blade.  They are very typically wielded with two hands.
    Trey said:
    Kresslack said:
    Archaeon said:
    God, I don't even want to get into the classification debate, but I'll say that when the majority of people who aren't weaponry nerds talk about longswords, they're usually referring to arming swords.
    I wasn't referring to arming swords, no. Yes a lot of longswords are typically wielded with two hands, using the longer hilt and even the pommel to leverage and maneuver it. Historically a lot were carried into battle with a shield or intentionally used one-handed for various other reasons: