Painful Playing

I'm going to discuss roleplaying pain since it just makes sense.

When I get hurt, the game tells me I'm in pain. Why not show it? I've seen others seem to shrug off pain like it's no big deal. That makes sense if you've died countless times! But for me, I've only died three times and am not that tolerant to pain yet. So here's a list of percentages of the health bar I use to show how hurt I feel.

100% - Sore if left I combat recently, otherwise healthy!
90% - Papercut kind of pain, or a beesting.
80% - I'm in enough pain to notice right away.
70% - Yowch, I'm clutching that wound!
60% - At this point I will limit movement to negate the feeling. (I might be traveling slower)
50% - At this percentage, I'll be limping.
40% - Now here, I'll be flying as much as I can just to avoid hurting my other limbs further.
30% - The agony is starting to be unbearable.
20% - At about 20% I'll be thinking of nothing but how hurt I am.
10% - I'll be in so much pain that if I can't heal myself immediately, I might ask someone to finish the job. (See below, please)

Upon death I treat it like all the pain just went away, and after facing Ugrach, getting put in the Flame, or otherwise being resurrected, I don't feel hurt at all.

I feel after about five deaths I'll start showing more tolerance, since it is, after all, an everyday thing.

Comments

• Well, I'd also assume the pain would vanish as your health bar goes up / bleeding is clotted. Health elixir heals the wound, so stands to reason it would heal the pain, too.

It is funny how nonchalant we all are about injury and pain though. "Anyone want to let me savagely rip their flesh apart and break their limbs in the arena real quick?" "Sure!" You'd have to assume we all are wounded so often in combat and hunting that we don't even feel it anymore. Lol
  • Cailin said:
    Well, I'd also assume the pain would vanish as your health bar goes up / bleeding is clotted. Health elixir heals the wound, so stands to reason it would heal the pain, too.

It is funny how nonchalant we all are about injury and pain though. "Anyone want to let me savagely rip their flesh apart and break their limbs in the arena real quick?" "Sure!" You'd have to assume we all are wounded so often in combat and hunting that we don't even feel it anymore. Lol
    LOL, exactly! I do that healing thing myself as well.

Until I've died so much I've lost count, I still feel it! LOL