Knight Limb Counter v2

Comments

• Does this still work for DWC Runewarden?
  • @zhedan Yes it does. I use it when I am DWC Runie
  • I use it for everything.
  • edited February 2019
    I might just need to fiddle with some settings, but it's not counting 2h attacks. Does it have any specific load order that it needs to be at to work properly?
  • @Khalyon I'm not entirely sure what the state of two-handed support is, to be honest. While I've planned for a while to take another look at this entire thing at some point and bring it more in line with my own personal version of it, it always ends up falling below other projects.

If you're only using one type of weapon (bastard sword or warhammer), you may just need to add triggers for the various two-handed attacks using that weapon type. You can copy some of the other triggers to get an idea of what they should look like. Support for multiple weapons isn't something that's currently in there, so if you want to switch between the two, you'll probably need to extend it in some way (or use one of the other limb counters available).

In terms of load order, it doesn't really matter. However, due to the way the triggers are done, hit counts don't get modified until the prompt. If you're using something like Svof or Wundersys's custom prompt and the counter's prompt tags, having this before them in the list on the Triggers view - so the counter's prompt triggers fire first - should mean you don't get a lag of a prompt between a hit and the prompt tag reflecting it.
  • Antonius said:

Thanks for replying so quickly. It'll be a well it so before I start messing with it. I'm just about to get to lvl99.

I don't actually know how to play 2h just yet, besides hunting, so I don't know if I'll be swapping back and forth. I'll give just adding one of the weapons attack lines to start out. 

Does your counter take into account the two different weapons for dwb? If so I might see about just changing the lines for that, and adjust it as needed.
  • @Antonius any chance you've gotten around to updating the 2h party of the counter?
  • I'm pretty sure that my answer is going to be no, but does this by chance work with Bard, @Antonius?
  • Galyleo said:
    I'm pretty sure that my answer is going to be no, but does this by chance work with Bard, @Antonius?
    Says it does in the first post IIRC, and I have it working just fine with bard, you just have to make sure you test and input the numbers correctly for both standard and acciaccatura jabs, though acci is 25% more but I’ve not tested enough to confirm you can just reduce BPs by 25% with it on (if it takes 10 jabs and you jab 5 normally, then tunesmith acci it should take 4 more jabs, but like I said someone who’s tested more extensively than I have can confirm).
  • Minifie said:
    Galyleo said:
    I'm pretty sure that my answer is going to be no, but does this by chance work with Bard, @Antonius?
    Says it does in the first post IIRC, and I have it working just fine with bard, you just have to make sure you test and input the numbers correctly for both standard and acciaccatura jabs, though acci is 25% more but I’ve not tested enough to confirm you can just reduce BPs by 25% with it on (if it takes 10 jabs and you jab 5 normally, then tunesmith acci it should take 4 more jabs, but like I said someone who’s tested more extensively than I have can confirm).
    Oh. I didn't really read it, truth be told. Not because I am being lazy or anything, I mean I technically am, but I've been trying to find break points on my own all day and looking at other limbcounters to try and figure out good "ranges" for some help so I'm slightly frustrated and just wasn't down to read things. Thank you!
  • edited March 2019
    Galyleo said:
    Minifie said:
    Galyleo said:
    Oh. I didn't really read it, truth be told. Not because I am being lazy or anything, I mean I technically am, but I've been trying to find break points on my own all day and looking at other limbcounters to try and figure out good "ranges" for some help so I'm slightly frustrated and just wasn't down to read things. Thank you!
    as a side note, I have no idea how acciaccatura or tremolo/vibrato actually effect limb breaks as a bard. I haven't done any testing on either of them yet because I'm still learning how to do the limb thing as a bard

edit: I have been told -how- they work I just haven't done the testing to see it for myself. I have learned that I understand things better after seeing how they work through testing.
  • Khalyon said:
    @Antonius any chance you've gotten around to updating the 2h party of the counter?
    I started taking a look at this the other day, then got distracted with other things. Looks like the triggers are all there for the fracture tracking so just need to add some code in to those to handle the limb damage aspect. I'm busy the next few days but will look at doing that tomorrow or Wednesday.

It will still only support one set of limb damage numbers though, so swapping weapons will mess things up. Adding support for that is a much larger project.
  • @Antonius awesome news, I really like the way you have yours set up, and no biggie on the swapping weapons. After doing some research and practice, it's not used a hole lot other than trying to stack some quick head fracture.
  • @Khalyon File on Dropbox has been updated. I haven't tested it that thoroughly, so let me know if you run into any problems and I'll try to fix them up.

For everybody else, I've also added support for Monk (Tekura) and Psion. Psion is very easy in terms of limb damage, and it's also a class I play on occasion, so it should be accurate. The Tekura limb damage values are from formulas somebody gave me years ago, but as I've never really played it, I don't know how accurate they are; they may need tweaking.
  • @Antonius youryo awesome, thank you!!
  • @Antonius is there a way to add a line to the counter to account for other things that deal limb damage?
  • @Galyleo Sure. You can just add a trigger for whatever lines are missing; take a look at one of the existing ones to get an idea of what the code should be.

If the triggers are a little confusing, the general idea is that on each recognised hit it adds a hit record - a percentage, the limb that was hit, and a line number to handle the colouring - to a pending hits table for the target. Rebounding, parry, dodge and reflection lines remove the last hit. On the next prompt, it processes any hits in that pending hits table, adding the specified percentage to the limb, then handling things like updating the limb damage decay timer, applying necessary colouring, etc.
  • I'm having a issue with getting the counter to show up in my prompt. I use Wundersys, and I am using the prompt tag @limbhits. It causes the entire prompt line to disappear.

Any ideas on getting it working?
  • Khalyon said:
    I'm having a issue with getting the counter to show up in my prompt. I use Wundersys, and I am using the prompt tag @limbhits. It causes the entire prompt line to disappear.

Any ideas on getting it working?
    If the entire line is disappearing it would suggest there's an error occurring somewhere. If you can check the Errors view in Mudlet and let me know what that says I can try to track it down.
  • @Antonius finally went through and looked at errors and the only thing that shows up related to the limb counter is...

ERROR:] object:<1st person Rend prompt> function:<Trigger244>
            <[string "Script: Targetting"]:199: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)>
    [ERROR:] object:<1st person Rend prompt> function:<Trigger244>
            <[string "Script: Targetting"]:199: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)>
    [ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<Console For Chat>
            <Lua error:[string "return Console For Chat"]:1: '<eof>' expected near 'For'>
    [ERROR:] object:<1st person Rend prompt> function:<Trigger244>

• This package has been suggested as a very good one for limb targetting, but I have one minor issue - is there any way to have it not gag the target selection echo?  You know, the "Your target is now: Fish (a denizen) line?  I use that for a couple of combat related triggers, but this package gags that and I can not locate where to make a change to have it continue to echo that.
  • edited June 2019
    I don't think it's gagging it. Do you use the server targeting alias or a custom one? Also I'm pretty sure that even if it's gagged your triggers will still work since it technically still registering that the line came up.

Could be wrong though, I'm new to coding myself.
  • I use the server targetting alias (“st <whatever>”) does that change things?
  • I believe the counter goes off of a custom targeting script. You might check the targeting alias, and add a line to include server targeting, and that should bring it back.
  • edited June 2019
    @Darutan If you've just been using the in-game ST command, then referencing &tar in your attacks (or not specifying a target at all), you'll want to create an alias in Mudlet like this:

Pattern: ^st (\S+)$
    Code (the large box): antonius.targetting.target(matches[2])

[Note: the \S matches any non-whitespace character, then the + means "one or more" of them in a row; you'll usually see people using \w rather than \S, but that doesn't include things like apostrophes so it's no good for targetting Tsol'teth and other things with apostrophes in their name.]

That calls the function to set up the target object for the counter to use, which is referenced by the prompt tag; I think it should also set a client-side (i.e. in Mudlet) variable called 'target' (which is what most people generally use for client-side things) and send the ST/SETTARGET command to set your server-side target.

In terms of the line being gagged, you can just disable the trigger that does that if you want to. However, one trigger gagging the line shouldn't impact any other triggers you have for the same line, so all of your stuff should continue to work. If it's just a case of wanting visual feedback, I think the target function from the limb counter also echoes out the target that's been set.
  • Why don't i just install this instead of making my own shabby one....
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Rangor said:
    Why don't i just install this instead of making my own shabby one....
    cuz you're a shabby kinda guy
  • Rangor said:
    Because you're a gross forestal and I don't support your classes. :D
  • @Antonius any chance you've had a chance to look at why I can't get the limb counter to show up in my prompt?
  • Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    Because you're a gross forestal and I don't support your classes. :D
    It's true Rangor..  he hateses ussss.

I actually installed this with Wundersys to play with - WSys for ideas, this to hopefully replace my own cobbled together script -  but there was a problem (one interfered with the other somehow, I dont recall).  I have been meaning to reinstall it solo and fix it for forestals. Just...  time is such a bitch sometimes.