Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Well if you already have trans philosophy I'd suggest a Circlet/Amulet of Will, you always run out of willpower quick and this is nice for both 1v1 and group fighting.

If you're the telepathy monk for groups then an Intellect Crown is great too. But I didn't see a Ring of Flying in that list and well it's amazing for defense and gives you some form (poor but better than none) form of infiltration.
  • Would you really recommend the crown over a collar? I typically find myself on choke duty honestly, and I was considering buying one to upgrade my damage.

• Sena said:
    Nellaundra said:
    3) Faster method of travel
    Invincible flying mount plus trans riding is 1090cr, anklet of dashing plus ring of flying (which is even better since you don't need to be mounted) is 900cr.

A pet will also give much less dodging than a good non-pet mount, since pets are at a pretty low level. As much as pets cost, you could afford to get 2-3 collared legend steeds, or just an army of expendable mid-level mounts.
    I asked artifacts@achaea about Pets being at a lower level and they said that they were on par with legendary steeds.
  • Kazu said:
    Would you really recommend the crown over a collar? I typically find myself on choke duty honestly, and I was considering buying one to upgrade my damage.
    No, the collar would be better than the crown. But if you're the primary telepathy monk it'll let you lock so much faster.
  • Also get that magic ressistance thing, that costs ~300cr. Worth every damn penny if you regularly are up against occies/apostates in raids.
  • edited January 2013
    Panpardus said:
    Sena said:
    Nellaundra said:
    Invincible flying mount plus trans riding is 1090cr, anklet of dashing plus ring of flying (which is even better since you don't need to be mounted) is 900cr.

A pet will also give much less dodging than a good non-pet mount, since pets are at a pretty low level. As much as pets cost, you could afford to get 2-3 collared legend steeds, or just an army of expendable mid-level mounts.
    I asked artifacts@achaea about Pets being at a lower level and they said that they were on par with legendary steeds.
    They are legendary steeds. But "legendary steed" isn't a level designation and has no bearing on their combat effectiveness, AFAIK. It's the CONSIDER line that matters, unless the players have been wrong about that for ages.
  • Iocun said:
    Panpardus said:
    Sena said:
    Nellaundra said:

They are legendary steeds. But "legendary steed" isn't a level designation and has no bearing on their combat effectiveness, AFAIK. It's the CONSIDER line that matters, unless the players have been wrong about that for ages.
    AFAIK the mounts have an appropriate level that can be discerned by bashing one of them and checking how it affects your stat stats mathematically.  This would probably be more feasible for a new character to do than an old one. I do not know if there is an easier way.  I believe a storm bull is somewhere in the ballpark equivalent to a death knight and provides the most consistent 4 limb break tramples.  Correct me if I am wrong.

• Not any easier to check denizen levels for new characters vs old, since STAT STATS gives total levels of denizens killed.
  • New characters can suicide;agree after a data-collection spree in an enemy city.
  • A data-collection spree.

Is *that* what they're calling it, now?
  • Yeah most newbies spread data, rather than collect it. Specifically genetic data.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Vibrating sticks. Are they really worth it?

I've never really been keen on wanting to own one of these or a Shadowcloak for that matter, but warping around looks
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Worm warp is the best bloody thing for fast travel beyond a set of wings.
  • Chenubian wings have customizable exits. Does that mean there are as many individual rooms Far above the clouds as there are wings? Or is the same room for all -thus making for example Penwize able to meet Tanris up there- and changes exits depending on who used his wings to get there?
  • Kyrra said:

I've never really been keen on wanting to own one of these or a Shadowcloak for that matter, but warping around looks
    They've always been awesome for people with the wherewithal to make and maintain their own maps... now with mudlet, they win for everyone.  
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I still walk most places manually, even with wings.

About the only time I used mudlet's GOTO was when Tanris jumped me in Underworld and I had an oh - moment that was followed by goto cyrene.
    I think he had me lusted for an entire week before I noticed. For shame.

Anyways, I just enjoy different methods of traveling and Jurixe writing about pretty vortexes, always makes me want to jump in one.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Josoul said:
    Chenubian wings have customizable exits. Does that mean there are as many individual rooms Far above the clouds as there are wings? Or is the same room for all -thus making for example Penwize able to meet Tanris up there- and changes exits depending on who used his wings to get there?
    Every Chenubian wings gets their own room (not connected) on the same um level if you can call it that.
  • How many people have Chenubian wings? I know Tanris, Penwize and Micaelis do.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Josoul said:
    How many people have Chenubian wings? I know Tanris, Penwize and Micaelis do.
    Yen has a pair too
  • Achilles said:
    Josoul said:
    How many people have Chenubian wings? I know Tanris, Penwize and Micaelis do.
    Yen has a pair too
    She has two sets actually IIRC.
  • Kyrra said:

If you don't use an autowalker (I'm like you and still walk pretty much everywhere manually) then it's not something you can buy and get full use out of immediately, you'll have to put in the effort to learn the warps that are going to be useful to you. I imagine once you've learnt them, though, the convenience will make it worthwhile; at least I'm hoping that's the case because I bought one myself a few weeks ago and haven't really learnt which wormholes go where yet.
  • Vibrating stick will be the first artie I buy whenever I quit serpent.
  • Another benefit of wormholes is that they can be made pretty much anywhere. If there's currently no wormhole between two places you travel frequently, you can get some serpents to make one.
  • Stuck on which artefact tattoo to go for. Only getting one, maybe two.

Boar/Moss/Megalith or Tree/Cloak/Shield

I'm Jester and will most likely be changing to Magi in a few months, slight possibility of Shaman.

With the bleeding classes out there, it could be unfortunate to ever lose a moss midfight, so that's up for consideration.
    Willpower regen is good for inscribing, defenses, and obviously magi/shaman skills.

Having shield tree or cloak die midfight is bad too, but that's generally avoidable by checking beforehand. I'm leaning toward cloak if I do one of those, so I can tumble all the time without wasting my charges. Given my frequent use of peels or frozen ground (or a Shaman's need to gtfo), could be helpful.

SO, advice?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I love my ekanelian jewel.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'd vote Moss
  • I absolutely love my permanent tree. The only other tattoo I'm considering perming is shield, but that's not quite as relevant for a jester, since you have plenty of hindering you can use if you can't shield.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Xith said:
    Stuck on which artefact tattoo to go for. Only getting one, maybe two.

Boar/Moss/Megalith or Tree/Cloak/Shield

I'm Jester and will most likely be changing to Magi in a few months, slight possibility of Shaman.

With the bleeding classes out there, it could be unfortunate to ever lose a moss midfight, so that's up for consideration.
    Willpower regen is good for inscribing, defenses, and obviously magi/shaman skills.

Having shield tree or cloak die midfight is bad too, but that's generally avoidable by checking beforehand. I'm leaning toward cloak if I do one of those, so I can tumble all the time without wasting my charges. Given my frequent use of peels or frozen ground (or a Shaman's need to gtfo), could be helpful.

SO, advice?
    I'd say Tree, if you get a second I'd say boar.. I say boar because there's more damage classes than bleeding classes and losing boar mid fight is going to be a bigger deal than lossing moss imo. Cloak shouldn't get stripped -that- much and I don't think I ever use shield more than 20-30 times in a fight ever. With that being said regular checking of tattoos should keep Cloak and Shield fine. Tree on the other hand can be spammed 500 times in one fight or feels like it. Im considering getting an artie tree then having it cure alot more things.. but not sure if that's a good idea or not.

• Moss won't save you. Tree/boar might. Shield will.