Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Armali said:
    Armali said:
    Makarios said:

* From an ooc perspective, the Cyrene playerbase have historically been very resilient, and we knew this was going to be a tough one. This was a factor in discussion.
    Maybe the big mistake was this, judging by the complaints on the forums.
    I thought Ashtan would've been a better choice, personally. Ashtani would've wanted BLOOD.
    Cyrenean's didn't want blood so much as they wanted to summon that bit of repressed Mhaldorian in all of us and rip the still beating hearts out of the Tsol'teth before shoving them back down their throats. 

Also, I have to disagree with Mak's assessment. Cyrene isn't so much resilient as it is tenacious, but only in certain regards. You want us to fight in your war in the underworld? We couldn't care less. You touch our dragon? We hope you enjoyed your life because we are about to end it.
  • edited June 2019
    Synthus said:
    Armali said:
    Armali said:
    Makarios said:

* From an ooc perspective, the Cyrene playerbase have historically been very resilient, and we knew this was going to be a tough one. This was a factor in discussion.
    Maybe the big mistake was this, judging by the complaints on the forums.
    I thought Ashtan would've been a better choice, personally. Ashtani would've wanted BLOOD.
    Cyrenean's didn't want blood so much as they wanted to summon that bit of repressed Mhaldorian in all of us and rip the still beating hearts out of the Tsol'teth before shoving them back down their throats. 

Still can. Channel that anger into a driving RP to siege the fortresses below.

Edit: There's also the fortress in Petra that I have been trying to get into since the second black wave. Now seems a great time for you guys to start building up to try and siege it.
  • Makarios said:

Sure, hit us with your questions. May be a bit delayed in responding as we're winding down for the night and have a few things to prep for tomorrow, but we'll answer what we can!

Was there a reason I had trouble losing my shadow to unwind meld shrines, or am I just mechanically inept?
  • Is there a reason folks are still devoid of shadow, or is it a bug?
  • What's going to happen with shard re-write no.3?
  • Personally, I enjoyed this event.

I did, however, get really sick of the 'Anyone able to unwind' every 12 seconds. I understood the necessity of removing shrines, I just didn't like the constant reminder to check my cooldowns.

Keorin did an amazing job with the Seleucarian Games, and the admin did amazing with the Y802 games. Congrats to @Farrah for winning everything. Kudos to @Dunn for trying to stop her.

On a character level, I felt Targossas and Hashan should have been excluded, but I'm still happy for the winners.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• @Keorin I haven't seen anyone insist that Cyrene should have enjoyed the event. It's more of...Cyrene's non-enjoyment of it is entirely Cyrene's fault.

Neraeos provided nudging from a godly perspective. Cyrene elected to ignore or bury the information.

A lot of the ambiance in the city has been visibly affected by the war. That the Cyrene leadership is, as you've implied, trying to pretend nothing happened is, again, Cyrene's decision.

And yet despite all that, Cyrene still managed to gain some things. They got their city back, plus some cool new things like the river and the spirit. The admins did and still are trying to help you out, but for whatever reason, the help goes unappreciated...
  • Everyone in Cyrene who is unhappy with leadership should revolt! Overthrow the government!

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• I'd say it would be cool if disease spread in the city from the amount of corpses and started a mini-event for the city....but I think they cant handle much more.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Papa nurgle plz
  • Hope I haven't missed the boat questions-wise, so I'll stick this here just in case.

I saw in an earlier post you said Mhaldor and Ashtan avoided their big lose conditions, but was there ever the possibility that the Tsol'Teth, after getting those two and Cyrene, could have potentially taken over all of Sapience? Or was that out of the question because of the huge way in which it would've affected everything? Just been wondering about that for a while.

Oh, but by the way, this event has been really great, I think you guys did a great job with the story and progression, and the open-endedness of things made it more interesting to try and figure stuff out and see where it would lead. I thoroughly enjoyed messing about in things and exploring and trying to piece things together! And I know some people have had issues with this but I think the denizen interactions were really cool, letting us really get into the story and the world.
    "Oh! What a joy to be alive!" - The Pygmies, right before we slaughtered 'em.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    A real question for the admin: given the many conditions for win/lose, do you guys use any sort of software or program to keep track of the potential branching decisions, or is it all done on the fly/good old paper and pen?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited June 2019
    Kairula said:
    Hope I haven't missed the boat questions-wise, so I'll stick this here just in case.

I saw in an earlier post you said Mhaldor and Ashtan avoided their big lose conditions, but was there ever the possibility that the Tsol'Teth, after getting those two and Cyrene, could have potentially taken over all of Sapience? Or was that out of the question because of the huge way in which it would've affected everything? Just been wondering about that for a while.

Oh, but by the way, this event has been really great, I think you guys did a great job with the story and progression, and the open-endedness of things made it more interesting to try and figure stuff out and see where it would lead. I thoroughly enjoyed messing about in things and exploring and trying to piece things together! And I know some people have had issues with this but I think the denizen interactions were really cool, letting us really get into the story and the world.
    It would have depended on how decisive a victory they got, and while it was tentatively on the table, the situation with Hailqas'an would have forced the tactical retreat regardless. That said, decisive victory in Ashtan or Mhaldor (beyond the almost tantrum-like smashing of the fonts) would have had a major impact on how things unfolded afterwards.

"If you build it, they will come."
  • The tide ate something I was about to foozle in the Seleucarian Games, and I had no clue where to find another one, so I had to skip it.

The tsol'teth had finally betrayed me.
  • Haha, I didn't know about the army of mhun!

Should have brought 5 armies of mhun tho, right @Rhivona?

• tHiS Is eAsIlY FoUnD OuT In gAmE!

Event News 645

Emergence of the Blood Mountain was met by the forces of shi-Hashan, and shi-Baelgrim quickly claimed for the almighty Tsol'teth. Limited friction rendered direct cooperation between shi-Hashan and shi-Moghedu untenable, necessitating relocation of the latter to a centralised gathering point. Our Tide surged, its passage unstoppable and causing death within the ranks of shi-Mhaldor forces, additionally to unforeseen death in the ranks of shi-Moghedu.

The operation is presently classified as a success, pending judgement by Balan'lier on the nature of the shi-Moghedu agreement.

;) 

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    At what point in time, relative to it being handed over, was the identity of the specific thing the tsol'teth wanted from Targossas decided?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    At what point in time, relative to it being handed over, was the identity of the specific thing the tsol'teth wanted from Targossas decided?
    Wait wut
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Numira said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Wait wut
    Let's just say Jir is grateful Tesha handed the tsol'teth the staff and detracted attention from how much he done fucked up, and leave it that :bawling:

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • K.

urge to ask ic questions later with meta info is strong. Must resist. 
  • ditto Shub. First half of the event in particular was really good for making newer players feel involved and valuable. Also, those huge Coalition raids where probably the highlight of these 6 months I have been playing. (despite the amount of it I spent saying stuff like, "wait what the heck are we doing? whats the plan?" and generally being confused, dead, ect.)

also, like, triple ditto on that last bit.
  • As someone who did not have enough time to participate in anything during the entire event, I was legit surprised that Targossas decided to work with the Tsol'teth. While this would - on the surface - look out-of-character with what would be expected of a 'Good' faction, and earned them plenty of flak from the other cities besides Hashan, I liked the justification and the plot twist enough to roll with it.