edited March 2019
    Torinn said:
    You aren't wrong!
    WELL LOG IN, YOU JERK.

Gosh.

( <3 )  

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Naram best doggo.

• God look at all of those filthy Babelites touching paws.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited April 2019
    After Farrah and co. qq'd for the night but before I did:

You say with a harsh Western accent, "They are expected to hold their own in both areas." 

Ashai nods briefly and scratches absently at her arm, briefly revealing some sort of mark.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Does this clear things up?"

Ashai presses her lips lightly.

You say sharply with a harsh Western accent, "What is on your arm?"

Ashai glances down at her arms and blinks, then looks up again.

Ashai says in a soft, dulcet voice, "The armband?"

You say with a harsh Western accent, "What were you scratching at?"

Ashai says in a soft, dulcet voice, "I wasn't? Was I?"

You raise an eyebrow at Ashai. 

Ashai narrows her eyes at you suspiciously. 

You say with a harsh Western accent, "You were." 

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Now show."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Show both arms if you don't remember which one."

You say evenly with a harsh Western accent, "Now." 

Ashai blinks a little again and moves her cloak over her shoulders, holding both arms out.

You have emoted: Jiraishin's eyes scan quickly over both bared forearms.

The wind briefly whistles through the alcove, its passage meted out in lingering, wordless whispers.

You have emoted: Jiraishin's eyes narrow. 

A glance down over her own arms shows Ashai's confusion, but she holds still that way all the same, wrists twisting back and forth. 

Ashai says in a soft, dulcet voice, "Unless something came back with me from the isle... I don't even remember doing it." 

You say with a harsh Western accent, "This is probably not good." 

Ashai says in a soft, dulcet voice, "Ah."

Ashai says in a soft, dulcet voice, "That is not comforting." 

You say with a harsh Western accent, "It shouldn't be." 

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I think the Mad God is trying to play with me." 

[further rp]

*Girlish squealing*

• Jir's impromptu Mark of the Twin removal from two nights ago. This is the edited version I made for an IC record, so all my emotes have been changed to proper second person.
    Sadly it loses the pretty colored godmotes, can't figure out how to do text color on forums.

Mezghar stretches forth his hand to the Divine Conflagration and a small, fiery wisp leaps to his hand.

Mezghar says to you in a rumbling, basso voice, "Let me see your arm."

You remove a clawed gauntlet.
    As you remove your hand from the awkward interior of a clawed gauntlet, the scale-skin black gauntlet extends and contracts back into its original size and shape.

You remove a clawed gauntlet.
    As you remove your hand from the awkward interior of a clawed gauntlet, the  scale-skin black gauntlet extends and contracts back into its original size and shape.

You remove steel scale gloves.

You roll up your right sleeve and extend your arm, revealing a spiralling scar from wrist to elbow interrupted by the Mark of the Twin.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "This is the scar made by Suffering's chain, from which they formed the Mark. If you were wondering."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "If I act against you, just kill me. I'll get over it. Or not, but either way I won't succeed in acting against you.

Farrah creases her brow in a frown.

You grimly hold out your right arm.

Mezghar nods at Farrah.

Mezghar stretches forth his hand to the Divine Conflagration and a small, fiery wisp leaps to his hand.

Farrah steps behind you, holding your arm steady as she nods at Mezghar.

Mezghar grips your wrist firmly in one hand, his other hand hovering over the scarred flesh as he focuses.

With effort, you breathe evenly.

Mezghar frowns resolutely, as the wisp of flame slowly uncoils from about his wrist, drifting down to alight upon your arm. With focused intent, it begins to spiral over the scarring upon your flesh.

You stare grimly straight ahead.

Mezghar holds your wrist firmly as the flame continues its work, another wisp drifting from about his arm to join the first in its searing progress across the limb.

Searing lances of incredible pain jolt up along the entire length of your arm!

Your eyes widen.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "...Impressive..."

You continue to stare, gaze slightly unfocused.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Continue."

[after a pause where nothing happened]

You say forcefully with a harsh Western accent, "CONTINUE."

Farrah looks slightly uneasy as she continues to hold onto your arm and shoulder, her grip tightening.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "And for His sake, hurry."

Rivulets of blackened blood seep from the flame-deluged wound, dissipating into faint wisps before the cleansing heat of Primordial Flame.

Mezghar's grip suddenly tightens with crushing strength as the flame reaches the top of the scarring, his expression tightening as he focuses intently.

Slowly, the wisps uncoil from their consumption of your flesh, drifting upward to twine about Mezghar's arm once more.

A wisp of primordial flame disperses from Mezghar's hand.

You shudder.

You say muzzily with a harsh Western accent, "Thank the Lord. Let this be the end of it. Let Him triumph over the End. Thank the Lord."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Let me be the stronger."

Mezghar releases your wrist, stepping back on slightly shaky legs.

You numbly attempt to wipe the blackened blood off your right arm with your left hand.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "That hurt rather impressively."

Farrah releases her grip on you, eyeing your arm.

Farrah says, "Can you feel it?"

Farrah looks sceptical and says, "Is it all gone?"

A wisp of primordial flame disperses from Mezghar's hand.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I feel pain. I am bleeding. This is good."

Betwixt the affronting stench of charred flesh, only an ashen coating of oddly white ash presides over the former Mark, little hint of its previous shape visible.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I do not know if it is gone. But it certainly suff... Oh Gods."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Yes, I think it is gone."

Mezghar says reverently in a rumbling, basso voice, "Praise be unto the Righteous Lord."

Farrah stares at your arm.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Thank the Lord, thank the Lord, thank the Lord."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I think it's destroyed."

After a very long pause, eyes fixed on the former Mark to see if it moves, Farrah finally nods.

Mezghar shakily falls to his knees, looking exhausted as he reverently presses his forehead to the floor, murmuring under his breath.

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I think I'm all right. So far. Thank you."

Farrah drops to one knee.

Farrah whispers, "Praise the Righteous Fire. May His Flame always cleanse and protect."

Farrah stands up.

You say softly with a harsh Western accent, "Praise the Lord. Praise..."

Mezghar whispers in a rumbling, basso voice, "Praise the Righteous Fire."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "Praise the Righteous Fire."

• I know I'm triple-posting (ugh) here, but a few people have asked for this and I don't -think- I'm giving anything away by posting it.

I don't usually post pastebin links, but this time I am because it's 10+ pages long... But its 10+ pages of AWESOME.

This takes place a couple days ago after Farrah's truefavour from Babel faded and before Jiraishin's did.

https://pastebin.com/nXmjXGa1

• edited April 2019
    Message #1471       Sent by Achaea
    2019/4/27/12:16 Lii has ceased acknowledging you as a mutual friend.

---

2019/04/27 11:22:03 - [---] declared Lii to be a formal enemy. Reason: Oathbreaking.

2019/04/27 11:22:30 - [---] > Lii has been slain.

---

Her expression flat and unchanging, Ygia looks to the setting dusk light. One hand rests on the pendant hanging from her neck.

(Targossas) Ygia says, "Hail."
    (Targossas) Yen says, "Hi, Ygia."
    (Targossas) Kieli says, "Hello, Sister Ygia."
    (Targossas) Ygia says, "Did Lii mention anything to any of you before she left?"
    (Targossas) Yen says, "I spoke to her afterward. She said: 'Let's be honest. I've always been a loner anyways.'"
    (Targossas) Ygia says, "Mm."

Ygia gives a half-sigh, before stepping off down the road.

[A bit of travel later]

A feeling of weightlessness grips you, and your consciousness is thrown skyward, traveling at dizzying speed up the cliff face. When the sensation subsides you find yourself in a man-made cave.
    Man-made cavern. (indoors)

You step down off of Volst, a dawn-golden pegasus.

Ygia allows herself to settle to the cold bedrock below, her cloaks and robes a mess about her form. Foregoing taking the time to brush the creases down, instead she settles straight to meditation as though a necessity - her palms gripped close, her expression rictus and dour. Behind her, her charred wings settle to a folded position.

You adopt the pose: Sister Ygia al-Mu'allima, the Ivory Agent sits meditative here, her eyes closed shut.

You whisper monotone in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Lord, give me the strength I need to stay on the Righteous Path. Lord, I plead, may these losses so endless and painful not cause me to falter. Lord, may I bolster under Your guidance, Your word. May I maintain my Purity, the actions of the Faithless far from influence."

(Devouts): Micaelis says, "What happened with Lii?!"

Ygia flinches briefly, a break in her stoic expression noted. She bites her lip hard to distract herself - blood begins to trickle. Shaking her head, she scrunches her eyes shut tighter, moisture evident at the edges of their pressed-in lids. With a moment to compose herself, she continues.

You cease listening to the city channel.
    You have turned your House newcomer channel off.
    You have turned your House channel off.
    You stop paying attention to this clan's channel.

You whisper pleadingly in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Lord, may I remain on the path of the Righteous. May I remain a figurehead of Faith, a beacon to guide those after me, laid by those before. May I know in these Sacrifices the true meaning of adherence to Good."

Ygia allows her eyes to open as she continues to intone her quiet prayer to herself, her eyes slowly drifting to focus on a wisp of eternal flame atop an unadorned stone cylinder.

You whisper in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "May my actions continue to show my Faith far more than my words ever could. May I allow my psyche to remain stable, that I stay a paragon of Good, my judgements unmarred by bitterness, by hate, by disappointment, by disrespect. May I--- ...May..."

You give a pained sigh.

You say in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "...None of this is going to change anything."

Ygia pushes herself to her feet, walking with purpose over to a stone pitcher, reaching out one golden gauntlet to rest at its side.

You whisper sourly in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "I can't change the path of those around me. I need to accept that. It's... It's bad luck, that those who have left are those I've loved. Trusted. That's all. It's bad luck. ...It's just bad, bad luck."

You touch the flame emblem on the pitcher, causing it to glow briefly. Within a few moments, the stone jar fills itself with oil.

You whisper in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "I can try, try, and try again, but how can I expect to pass guidance on those who are supposed to guide me?"

You pick up the pitcher and say a prayer to the Lord of Righteousness. When your blessing is complete, you upend the jar over yourself, covering your body in fragrant oil.

You say firmly in Targossian with an archaic, Eastern accent, "May I trust in myself and no other, then."

You calm your mind and concentrate on the Axioms of Righteousness, focusing on the intent to purify yourself. Your nerves steeled, you thrust your hand into the floating flame. The fire immediately spreads across your oily skin, quickly consuming your flesh. Your thoughts fade to black as the hazy visage of Lord Deucalion fills your vision, stern approval upon His face.

You have been slain by the purifying flames of Lord Deucalion.

When will this girl catch a break? Every mentor she gets, I swear... :p

• You know, ever since that happened I've been wondering how you managed it. So glad to finally have that question answered XD
  • edited June 2019
    I was looking at old emails and found these coded letters. This is from 2012, when Soth was passing information to Shallam from Ashtan. I'd completely forgotten about this. I think there were more, but these are all I could find.

I have no idea what the Sirocco hounds line is referring to.
    My Lord,

I have been discussing the seeds we planted recently with a few of my colleagues. There are some concerns about the fertility of the ground where they have been sown, and we would appreciate if one of us could speak with you about the issue at your convenience.

Respectfully,
    Adanno, the gardener

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Maynard,

I am writing to inform you that I have received your letter of inquiry. Our business headquarters are currently closed due to inspection -- however, with your standing as a valued repeat customer, we would be pleased to refer you to one of our other locations to drop off your package.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding the inconvenience, and hope that you will continue to use Moghedan Transportation for all of your delivery needs. Please send correspondence stating the branch most agreeable to you.

Yours sincerely,

Aetos Thanir
    General Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear uncle Silas,

So much has happened! I'm sorry I didn't have time to tell you last time you visited. It's been so hectic between all the housework and my studies -- I wish Mayan break would arrive already! I have so many scrolls I have to read for my upcoming Seleucarian history exam, and no time!

Thanks a ton for the new crochet kit you sent us, and the vials -- they've helped a lot, with what's been going on. Ma didn't want me to say anything, but things at home have been a little rocky. I wish you would come home. Sir Kinzer has been visiting, and he's been spreading awful rumours about Ma to the village and trying to get her to quit the council. She's so distraught! I don't know what to do. One of the other girls, Acinla says it's because he's still upset about something that happened years ago, but she says she'll only tell me if I'll take her chores on for her and water the cucumber plants.

Oh, please don't tell Ma I told you! I'd get in so much trouble. I'm sorry, I'm rambling. It's all just so dreadfully convoluted. When are you coming to visit? Please make plans soon, and tell cousin Dannyl that I'm sorry I broke his telescope.

Lots of love,
    Your dearest niece.

P.S. Sirocco hounds are so cute! Ennabell brought one to Tekura classes the other day!

I'll post translations if anyone wants them, but it might be more fun to try to decipher them.
    Kinzer and Acinla, lol.

• Jiraishin said:
    Kinzer and Acinla, lol.
    I am trying to figure out who the hell Ennabell is.
    Maybe Ennabell is nobody and you just really wanted to inform Silas about Sirocco hounds.

• edited July 2019
    Jurixe said:
    Putting this here as it is, after all, a roleplay log. There is already a log of my Siege of Vengeance presentation for the World's Fair, but I felt it would be nice for those who missed it to see it in colour. I feel having colour really makes a difference for immersion.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/AVTvRrhQ

Log edited to remove unnecessary movement/actions and behind-the-scenes machinations (you'll never know...). I made one crucial error in this presentation, but decided to leave it in anyway...see if you can catch it.

All participation by other people in this log was unplanned beforehand, so big kudos to them for coming up with such great actions on the spur of the moment, I loved it.
    Aegoth set off a ton of holocausts and there were no deaths on Mhaldor's side from it? JK

Proficy used the shrine to Sartan but  Sartan wasn't around during that time as he was still split between Shaitan and Apollyon. It was only after this fight that Pentarian killed Apollyon for Shaitan to acquire his essence.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Torrent said:
    Jurixe said:
    Putting this here as it is, after all, a roleplay log. There is already a log of my Siege of Vengeance presentation for the World's Fair, but I felt it would be nice for those who missed it to see it in colour. I feel having colour really makes a difference for immersion.

Log edited to remove unnecessary movement/actions and behind-the-scenes machinations (you'll never know...). I made one crucial error in this presentation, but decided to leave it in anyway...see if you can catch it.

All participation by other people in this log was unplanned beforehand, so big kudos to them for coming up with such great actions on the spur of the moment, I loved it.
    Aegoth set off a ton of holocausts and there were no deaths on Mhaldor's side from it? JK

Proficy used the shrine to Sartan but  Sartan wasn't around during that time as he was still split between Shaitan and Apollyon. It was only after this fight that Pentarian killed Apollyon for Shaitan to acquire his essence.

You are actually correct on this, but neither Proficy (I believe) nor I did that illusion. I think someone else did it! None of what I did used actual adventurer names.

You're on the right sort of track, though!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited July 2019
    Jurixe said:
    Torrent said:
    Jurixe said:

You are actually correct on this, but neither Proficy (I believe) nor I did that illusion. I think someone else did it! None of what I did used actual adventurer names.

You're on the right sort of track, though!
    Oh yeah I caught when it was presenting with the Ugrach, as Curator of Death, as Maya was a goddess at the time so death would have taken you to the halls of Maya instead.