Wishlist: Quality of Life

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
Instead of being like, super mad at everything all the time, I'd like to do a wishlist.

Some rules:
1) This is for QUALITY OF LIFE upgrades only, not combat. You can include something to do with your class skills, but only upgrades with no overt combat implications. I know there's usually a bleed. 
2) You don't have to write anything super elaborate as to why you want this, but your wish should be detailed enough so that people can picture it. 
3) No commenting on other people's wishes. You can like it if you also want it, but we don't want any 'lol that idea's dumb' stuff. 

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    inb4 queueing to respect para/stun
  • I'm probably going to idea this, unless there's a reason for why it's not a thing, but -

Being able to target "clothes" or "clothing" the same way we can food. You can do DIRECTORY FOOD or GET 50 FOOD, and it will encompass all types. But for clothing you can only do the individual types, like shirt, dress, etc. It is very tedious.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Cailin said:
    I'm probably going to idea this, unless there's a reason for why it's not a thing, but -

Being able to target "clothes" or "clothing" the same way we can food. You can do DIRECTORY FOOD or GET 50 FOOD, and it will encompass all types. But for clothing you can only do the individual types, like shirt, dress, etc. It is very tedious.
    This was actually implemented not too long ago.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited June 2019
    ...unless it was like as recent as this month, it's not working for me :confused:

I'll have to try again and see. Is it in Announce news? Because I should bug it if you're right, I guess.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Cailin said:
    ...unless it was like as recent as this month, it's not working for me :confused:

I'll have to try again and see. Is it in Announce news? Because I should bug it if you're right, I guess.
    It was in the announce news, yeah. This is what DIRECTORY CLOTHING does for me:

[ Results matching (tailoring). ]
    Price      Item description                   Shop

100gp      an adorable red beret with a skull Trappings of Light
    100gp      an adorable red beret with a skull Trappings of Light
    150gp      a black silk handkerchief banded w The Fang and Lash
    150gp      a black silk handkerchief banded w The Fang and Lash
    150gp      a black silk ribbon streaked with  The Fang and Lash
    150gp      a black silk ribbon streaked with  The Fang and Lash
    150gp      a pale silver ribbon               The Fang and Lash
    150gp      a white silk blindfold             Trappings of Light

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Shrine conflicts need a revamp. Hunting for corpses while you see defenders awake only to see them QQ and just take down a shrine without any conflict stinks. 

I would like to see outposts that give Orders powers (crit bonus, gold cap bonus, maybe even a stat point), so that maybe we don’t need to burn through essence only to defile or raise, and maybe essence could have more of a use for more orders. 

Just an idea.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited June 2019
    whoops.
  • Since we're just limited to quality of life things (I'm going to assume that aesthetic things fall under that umbrella):

1. Allow anybody to see all forging descriptors and their associated costs via FORGING LIST and FORGING SHOW <descriptor>. Having to pastebin a list of descriptors so people know what's available, or try to suggest descriptors they might want, is a hassle.

2. Bring Conjuration and Augmentation in line with the other tradeskills in terms of ease of use. A single command to enchant an item/multiple items that outrifts the commodities for you and produces the final item, rather than having to do long chains of actions specific to the enchantment.

3. Allow Weaponmastery Lunge to be used with a lance (lunge is stat independent so no combat implications). Also modify the message when lunging while mounted so that it looks more like a mounted charge, including the steed appearance.

4. Allow pocketbelts to be non-decayed (and therefore customised, since paying 50 credits to change the desc on an item that will decay is pointless). Who is even using these when you have to spend mementoes on them and they have no mechanical advantage? If I could non-decay and customise I would consider it.

5. Make more things artefact powers rather than native to the item itself, especially for talismans.

6. Messages for room effects fading (for those that don't already have them). This might be crossing the line on combat implications, but given that it's not that difficult to do client-side for your own things limiting it to just the owner should get around that.
  • Literally just aetolia's clothing systems, please.
  • Attire is so nice. Describing how each item is worn makes a desc pop, and the formatting is slick.

I also like being able to hide all the random mechanical crap with a single command.
  • Keorin said:
    Literally just aetolia's clothing systems, please.
    I don't play Aetolia, can you describe it? I expect I'll agree with you though - there's several things I'd like improved with Achaea's.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Armali said:
    While the excitement of people in this thread is indisputable, the ability to read Skye's initial post is lacking.
    Has nothing to do with ability. I read it, and promptly forgot it in the process of getting carried away with my excitement.

• I'd desperately like for the arte armor upgrade that has a 20% chance to boost a crit up a stage to show a message when it procs. As it stands it is a 1k credit item that you don't see working, and if it was bugged there would be absolutely no way to notice. 

• * More Bardic contests. I'm told they used to have one every RL month but then stopped.

* Denizen tutors, outside of Househalls, that can teach any skill to completion. It's easier for some classes to find an adventurer to learn from, not so easy for others.

* The ability to learn more than 20 lessons at a time. In Imperian certain City tutors will teach you 90+ lessons at once. This would be great.

* More ways to earn credits/lessons.

* I second what a few others have said, in regards to speech in emotes. 

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• I want all of that.
  • Keorin said:
    Cailin said:
    Keorin said:
    Literally just aetolia's clothing systems, please.
    I don't play Aetolia, can you describe it? I expect I'll agree with you though - there's several things I'd like improved with Achaea's.
    The big things are the ability to choose what's covered/uncovered by clothing, and the ability to describe how something is worn (a ribbon could be described as being wound in one's hair or around one's tail, for instance). There are also some small things that seem pretty nice too, like the ability to have clothes that have an open variable for colour, that can then be chosen by the wearer using dyekits.
    I want this, but I can see the .. uh... y'know. Mudlovers** using this to show their undergarments and such too.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• kind of a plus one on previous posts, but tailors being able to use dyes to alter the color of a tailored garment. It would have to be an in game dye, and nothing in the description would change but the color

something I think I've seen elsewhere would be to be able to have ship crews learn sea shanties
  • I would love to be able to change the colour of clothing. I don't think it should be tied into tailoring specifically though. They can just make a new  garment in their preferred colour.

• I don't sail but I would also love to be able to just go out and deepsea fish, without having to worry about being sunk.
    Ships are super expensive and since I don't own one, I'm too nervous to use one of the ships I do have perms to sail, cause I'd likely get it sunk.