Player Pics

Comments

• Had a fantastic weekend at Camp Anarchy in Ohio. This is our group after surviving 3 days of booze, mud, and punk. 
  • I'm so jealous!!! I kept getting ads for that and wanted to go so bad.
  • Zackery said:
    I'm so jealous!!! I kept getting ads for that and wanted to go so bad.
    I went last year too. We definitely had fun and we are lucky the weather didn't fuck it all up. There are rumors it won't happen next year because of low attendance, so we're thinking about punk rock bowling in Vegas. You should join @Zackery
  • Yesss I've heard great things about Punk Rock Bowling (mostly from the Hard Times podcast). It's a long (and probably $$$) flight for me, but I'll check it out!
  • Zackery said:
    Yesss I've heard great things about Punk Rock Bowling (mostly from the Hard Times podcast). It's a long (and probably $$$) flight for me, but I'll check it out!
    Well, we'll probably end up with a group going so if you need a roomie or 2 to make it cheaper I'm sure I can get you peoples. I'm also going on the flogging molly cruise this year and I cannot wait!! I'm happy there are others who like this shit too!
  • Wait.. Booze, Mud, and Punk? You just descibed my entire youth. What is this Camp Anarchy tomfoolery?

• c h a r a c t e r l i m i t
  • edited June 2019
    Caelan said:
    Wait.. Booze, Mud, and Punk? You just descibed my entire youth. What is this Camp Anarchy tomfoolery?
    Campanarchyfest.com 
    It was Camp Punk In Drublic last year, it's a 2.5 day music festival in Legends Valley, Ohio. The line up this year was NOFX, Rancid, Less Than Jake, Tsol, Fear, The Damned, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Pennywise, The Bombpops, The Bronx...and more. You get to camp out, party, and listen to music. There's also beer tastings on 2 of the days which is basically fancy power hour. Since this is a pics thread, here's another. 

• I need this in my life
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited June 2019
    Zenii said:
     The line up this year was NOFX, Rancid, Less Than Jake, Tsol, Fear, The Damned, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Pennywise, The Bombpops, The Bronx...

I would go just to see Rancid. The last time I saw them was innnnn.... 1994? 95? Before 'Out Come the Wolves' And then the next weekend I went and watched Bad Religion. Was a pretty awesome week. I never got to see Offspring (other post above) but Sick of it All and Pennywise were skate jams for me. NoFX was a little too poppy on some of their stuff for my liking but all those bands released softer stuff anyway. I am a metal guy but punk is always in my heart in some way. That little flicker of 'fuck authority' flares up from time to time to remind me of my roots :-)

I absolutely love that my 21yr old agrees that music is shit nowadays and is into old metal (Metallica, Judas Priest, SABBATH!, Iron Maiden, etc) and my 16yr old is into Hatebreed and Slipknot.  I was so proud when we moshed together at the 25th Anniversary Hatebreed show in New Haven. Though he tries to act like he introduced my wife and I to it. I mess with him and tell him he was conceived to a Slipknot song. Lol. 

• Your poor child!! Rancid was amazing. They were on the line up last year too. This was my first time seeing Bad Religion and it was fantastic. Rancid has a festival they're doing, "The Bash" I think. It's a 1 day thing that's touring, it might be near you!
  • edited June 2019
    And Out Come the Wolves is one of my favorite records of all time. My grandpa plays bass and last time I was visiting him, I played the Maxwell Murder solo for him (on Spotify, I didn't play it myself). He was unimpressed and I'm still mad about it.

I've seen Bad Religion a few times, and every time I'm semi-surprised at how damn good they still are, despite being my parents' age  :D
  • Zackery said:
    And Out Come the Wolves is one of my favorite records of all time. My grandpa plays bass and last time I was visiting him, I played the Maxwell Murder solo for him (on Spotify, I didn't play it myself). He was unimpressed and I'm still mad about it.

I've seen Bad Religion a few times, and every time I'm semi-surprised at how damn good they still are, despite being my parents' age  :D
    That's how I feel!! Like TSOL was on stage and I'm like damn you are like in your late 60s! Last year the Vandals and The Descendants played and I was stunned. They hop on stage and are so energetic I worry they'll break something. 
  • I forgot AOCTW existed but I bet you can take one guess what I will be listening to as I work on this project this morning at work.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    u look like a hobo 
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Racist

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    I preferred hobo

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    i can see the tan line in between your eyebrows
    It took me decades to cultivate that tan line. It gets me all the sex

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited June 2019
    Master of disguise. In 40 minutes you went from Gary Busey to snarky Google Help Desk Tech Lead ("Sir!, I said click the .. you know what, nevermind"). IS THERE NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO? 

Also, good to see you back lurking.

Edit: I almost said Ted Kaczynski, but figured people would read far more into it for "woke" cred. Tell Bati to get back (if he's hiding here Ill find him in FL)

Edit2: cool shirt. Now I want one for my kid.

Edit3: Train of thought:  I posted the previous on the shitter (fear not, I'm back at my desk). I realized I was browsing forums too long and people may start to worry here at work.  Then I wondered how many more people do the same. THEN I realized it made your second pic wicked creepy. Now, I'm realizing with 3 edits it may sound like I'm obsessed and was staring at your pics while in the bathroom. Damn you, trolled again!

Lurk lurk. Started a new job, 9 month of parental leave was nice but now I have all this time in front of a computer at work suddenly...

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    Lurk lurk. Started a new job, 9 month of parental leave was nice but now I have all this time in front of a computer at work suddenly...
    Oh you too? That is the only time I really have nowadays to log in.  What's that you say? 12 hours to pre-hash a 2TB drive? Looks like the House is getting some love today.

• edited June 2019
    Ellryn said:
    Family and friends are out for a visit! Rented a cabin, brought some toys. It'll be a fun weekend

Damnit, now you make me want to register mine in Maine, get my trailer back from my brother who has borrowed it for a month, drive the 4 hours TO Maine, and spend the day with my kids annihilating some trails. Have fun!  Seriously though, I need a break and until now didn't know what I wanted to do. More mud, more fun!

• Caelan said:
    Ellryn said:

More mud, more fun!
    Parents came from about 6 hours down the way! Between this and father/daughter beer pong, it's a memory

Ee. Hosting a keyforge tournament as the ambassador for Fantasy Flight Games at Arcon in Oslo. When I am not spending all my time in hospital this is where i have been. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Sir, you're an Ambassador. Surely they could have provided a human-sized chair and table!

• He is a giant amongst men!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."