Favorite History/Lore?

2»

Comments

• The emotion driven and lustful one hates the logical and nerdy one. Who'd have thought.
  • edited June 2019
    ... Awkward.
  • I've always had a soft spot for the original Key Rite. Everybody really came together, and it was a great group effort both at the ritual itself as well as the planning that went in to it. What Ashtan really needed at the time was a non-theistic Chaos Bible, and I'm really glad I got to be a part of its unveiling.
  • Sartan said:
    Death's Heart remains my all-time favorite event. There have been arguably some much better events since then, but that one in particular locked me completely into Achaea.

As for stories, or lore, there is too much to even begin to list off.
    I was thinking this. Maybe because I just don't pay much attention to other events, but Death's Heart holds a spot for my because I was just a fledgling Sentinel playing for about a month or something. I don't even remember the details. Just the chaos and confusion and possible world ending... So it was my first big event. They say you always remember your first. Death's Heart you filthy whore, you. 

• edited June 2019
    You loved dying to Napoloen and Mordyval's firelords as much as I did then, eh? :D
    Lol. So many angry afternoons after those deaths.

Who was the Infernal with ghe.. I think it was a steel warhawk or something? I remember wanting one bad.

• Barring recent events which I'm still not sure how I feel about, the two that probably impacted Telen the most were Bal'met and Thoth's death. When I was new and very young to the game, Miramar picked up on my roleplay and interacted with me pretty frequently. Those interactions eventually had Her guiding me to Cyrene and were some of the most awesome times I had as a character. Seeing Her die was a really rough thing for Telen, and left me pretty saddened as a player. Aside from Miramar, Thoth was also one of my favourite divine. I'm honestly not sure which event I would say was the most fun though. I have super fond memories of an event way back in the day where our dreams would manifest as denizens and try and eat us. As a young player that one always stuck with me.
  • Going to go out on a limb and say I adore the blademaster lore, history around it and of course Lucaine. I admire tales of samurai and the blademaster resonated well and so I dived in to playing a very heavily RP'd blademaster many years ago and still play it. By far I think as far as RP'g a class, blademaster has been my favourite.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't know much I care about Lucaine but for some reasons I really like the poems attributed to him.  Other than that, the tale of Travian Shea never fails to get me all emotional no matter how many times I read it. Whoever wrote it was a fucking master

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• It took me a while to decide but my favorite has to be Babel's awakening. I was pretty close with a few occies back in the day, and I used to sit at Fire and Spice every so often while they raved about Babel's return and all those other things. While I wasn't a direct participant, it was really fun watching the weird crazy thing my friends were doing turn into something real, and the entire event was super fun beyond that.

I remember how bummed the entire Babelite cult was when Eris looked like she pk'd Babel and it was over, and then how excited they were when he came back after all. It really was kind of a rollercoaster for the ones that spent ages hyping up Babel as a prophecy, and the emotional aspect of it for them was vicariously cool for me.