Need Feedback Please!

edited June 2019 in The Scarlattan Theatre
Hello, so this is my first post in the forums. Sorry if it's the wrong place! Or if I break some kind of unspoken rule.

I'm looking for feedback into my character Ryma's personality and potential appearance as a Dragon.

Personality
* Loves food, meat in particular, but tends to save money and go for the cheaper dishes.
* Playful with a sense of humor (ex. dropkicking butterflies when he can just catch or jab them)
* Huge fear of spiders and snakes, though it isn't a phobia. Will not fight one unless cornered and immediately moves to a different room if one is encountered.
* Loves his mule Jelix.
* Kind to animals... domesticated ones.
* Thinks his unusually melanistic wings are a bad omen and therefore is shy. They're black and burgundy, a reference to black panthers being melanistic jaguars. Had they not been so, they'd be pearly and pink.
* Loyal to friends, Ashtan, and Aegis.
* Loyalty to Aegis stems from knowing he is the God of War, and the fact that Ashtan is at war makes him want to curry favor with him on Ashtan's behalf.
* Quite religious and offers most of his kills to Aegis in hopes to indirectly support Ashtan in the war.
* Ambitous - wants to become a Dragon. Ever since he saw some Dragons, he wanted to be one too. He dreamed of how he would, and he set his mind to it.

Speaking of Dragons, this is a description I have in mind for such a form... if it's at all possible to describe it (which I'm sure is).

This red-scaled Dragon is smaller than most, with a wiry build. The triangular and narrow face supports four wavy horns which are all as long as the skull. The eyes are large and intelligent with a blue color, though the shape of his head suggest a certain kind of intelligence. His wings are large. Along the crown, reaching along the back, is a golden, furry mane. This ends at the tailtip in an elegant plume. His wings also have this fur, though it reaches about a third to the ends of the fingers. His legs have this fur at the elbows and ankles as well. His talons on the wings and feet and long and hooked. While he has no spines along his back, his underbelly is plated scarlet, which compliments the bright red scales. On the membranes of the wings are tiger-like stripes the same blue as his eyes, finishing his striking appearance.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• You can't customize your dragon description unless you win a rare auction that we've only had one or two of.

On personality:
    1) You indicate very little in the way of ideology. He likes Aegis, but why? What exactly drives him? Does he have any strong beliefs?
    2) Having black wings is extremely common in Achaea (unsurprisingly), so I don't know if they'd be particularly confidence-shattering.
  • Kiet said:
    You can't customize your dragon description unless you win a rare auction that we've only had one or two of.

On personality:
    1) You indicate very little in the way of ideology. He likes Aegis, but why? What exactly drives him? Does he have any strong beliefs?
    2) Having black wings is extremely common in Achaea (unsurprisingly), so I don't know if they'd be particularly confidence-shattering.
    Okay, thank you, I'll make note of these adjustments!
  • Just realize sometimes ideals and personality traits change as well. Why Ryma feels inclined to something can change a lot as he and you get to know the world. Especially as Kiet said, the "why" with ideology and divine.

Our few run ins have made me smile a bit. (Even if one involved Ellryn threatening to feed you to a dragon.)
  • Ellryn said:
    Just realize sometimes ideals and personality traits change as well. Why Ryma feels inclined to something can change a lot as he and you get to know the world. Especially as Kiet said, the "why" with ideology and divine.

Our few run ins have made me smile a bit. (Even if one involved Ellryn threatening to feed you to a dragon.)
    Yeah, his personality has changed in the past, such as his fears.

I think that scene was pretty funny as a player! You play well!
  • Kiet said:
    You can't customize your dragon description unless you win a rare auction that we've only had one or two of.
    I wouldn't exactly call it rare, they offer it up every so many auctions.

There's no guarantee they'll continue to do so, but it usually goes for a couple thousand credits.
  • edited June 2019
    When you remember that not everyone in Achaea is a whale, that qualifies as rare!