Active Orders?

Hello! I've probed around a bit in game, but it's hard to not feel incredibly indelicate trampling over the question 'Regardless of the Divines I am most interested in, whose orders are active and/ or which Divines are active?"

Arin is quite interested in Lord Neraeos's order, and is in the pre-clan, but staying Atavian would likely be frowned upon if it wasn't wholly disregarded as an option. This is understandable considering the conflict between Sky and Sea, certainly. But for her, being Atavian is her main link to her father, who she has never met, and is a connection point with her sister, so unless she does some serious soul-searching and decides otherwise she's likely to align her ideals with the Nerai from afar. 

I'm not interested in figuring out her religion on the forums, just looking for 'Hey, talk to me in game this order that you might be interested in is alive!' messages. As far as Cyrene goes, I know that Lord Phaestus and Lord Neraeos both have active and robust orders, supported by active gods. 

I find myself drawn to Lady Valnurana- Is anyone about from her order still active?

Comments

• No Val for years afaik. Active orders as far as I know are:

Sartan (obv best choice here for a Cyrenian!), Aegis, Vastar, Babel, Phaestus, Neraeos, Deucalion.

Pretty good mix of gods around these days luckily. There might be more that I'm not aware of, too.
  • Taryius said:
    I don't want to discourage or depress, but even orders with an active playerbase need an active Divine to formally induct. This doesn't mean you can't pursue them, especially as a character, just that you'll likely be limited to pre-order/lay order (can mortals induct into lay orders?) and some order mechanics will be limited because of that.

The active Divine I know of are Sartan, Aegis, Deucalion, Babel, Vastar, Neraeos, Phaestus.

Though with a Celani opening just behind us, its possible more godmin will awake in the forseeable future if interest is shown to the dormant Divine.

Mortals (usually just OH) can induct into orders if the Divine gives them the power. So it really depends on the order. Though, being inducted by a mortal isn't nearly as cool and doesn't feel right. :(
  • I thought someone mentioned that the admins took that away (and reversed a bunch of mortal inductions too), though.
  • Is it true that Atavians would have issues with the Neraeos order? My instinct is that's not going to hold true, since it's not necessarily your character's "choice" that he was born Atavian. And reincarnating is technically a purchased ability. 
  • Iloisee said:
    Is it true that Atavians would have issues with the Neraeos order? My instinct is that's not going to hold true, since it's not necessarily your character's "choice" that he was born Atavian. And reincarnating is technically a purchased ability. 
    I don't know about Neraeos' order, but there are definitely issues for specific races with some other Orders
    Lenn said:
    I thought someone mentioned that the admins took that away (and reversed a bunch of mortal inductions too), though.
    Believe this was just some specific Orders, not blanket taken away.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Iloisee said:
    Is it true that Atavians would have issues with the Neraeos order? My instinct is that's not going to hold true, since it's not necessarily your character's "choice" that he was born Atavian. And reincarnating is technically a purchased ability. 
    You should ask Melodie about her time in the order :D
  • edited June 2019
    Farrah said:
    Taryius said:
    I don't want to discourage or depress, but even orders with an active playerbase need an active Divine to formally induct. This doesn't mean you can't pursue them, especially as a character, just that you'll likely be limited to pre-order/lay order (can mortals induct into lay orders?) and some order mechanics will be limited because of that.

The active Divine I know of are Sartan, Aegis, Deucalion, Babel, Vastar, Neraeos, Phaestus.

Though with a Celani opening just behind us, its possible more godmin will awake in the forseeable future if interest is shown to the dormant Divine.

Mortals (usually just OH) can induct into orders if the Divine gives them the power. So it really depends on the order. Though, being inducted by a mortal isn't nearly as cool and doesn't feel right. :(

Lenn said:
    I thought someone mentioned that the admins took that away (and reversed a bunch of mortal inductions too), though.

That was probably me.  As OH, I kept Aegis' Order flourishing with @Jamethiel and  @Nicia for quite some time.  We inducted new members and maintained higher standards so the 'Recruits' weren't of lesser quality.  Logged in one day to see all that work wiped out, people removed from the Order that we had inducted, and no longer able to induct. It wasn't like we had 500 people.. they kicked out about 10 max, I believe , from something like 50 years of IG time.  Between the total kick in the balls that was and Shallam's lack of - well, ANYTHING - I just said to hell with it all and lost the motivation to play for@Jamethiel

Heard @Aegis was back, so I woke up. Been playing pretty much since.

• Iloisee said:
    I'm not sure if Atavians can still enter the order, but if you did you should expect a much harder path. It will hamper your ability to get active in some events as a few merpeople and Tritons will outright refuse to speak to group of adventurers containing an Atavian or turn immediately aggressive. Same with Grooks.

But, if you really do want to try your hand with the Order you may be able to work around it... but it will take a lot of work. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Image result for chicken wings

Just kidding.

yeah I don't know about other Orders, but Neraeos' Order definitely exhibits racial bias, partly because of all the dealings we have with tritons. It was (maybe still is?) strong enough that most long-time existing Order members have changed race. Where this is concerned, I'm gonna say the ball's really in the Neroes' court whether he wants to loosen the restrictions or stick to his guns.

I do think there's no harm in trying for it and seeing what he says (if he takes an interest), you're just not likely to see much encouragement from existing order members ICly either politely or rudely in as far as race goes.

Pre-Order clans for Orders you find interesting but have no active God are also an option, but you may be waiting a long time.

That said, even if an Order Head is able to induct, I can tell you that being in an Order with no active God is extremely hard going. Such Orders usually become much smaller as other members either themselves go dormant, or leave for more active Orders. Without an active Patron to maintain certain thematic standards, the Order often suffers loss of identity and purpose.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Taryius said:
    As long as Gaia and Artemis STAY DORMANT, I'm happy. Between the two of them, they were the single most devastating thing that ever happened to Eleusis as a community.

In fact ... can we feed Gaia and Artemis to the black wave and maybe get Demeter back? Or Lupus even?

That whole "turn-eleusis-into-a-mirror-of-mhaldor" thing, that Gaia and Artimis tried ...  Yea ...

Note to garden: Eleusians do not respond well to threats from their divine patrons.

... and at this point I had to delete a massive block of text, because it does not belong here and it had no relevance to this thread ... calmly backing away now ...
  • Athelas said:
    Taryius said:
    As long as Gaia and Artemis STAY DORMANT, I'm happy. Between the two of them, they were the single most devastating thing that ever happened to Eleusis as a community.

In fact ... can we feed Gaia and Artemis to the black wave and maybe get Demeter back? Or Lupus even?

That whole "turn-eleusis-into-a-mirror-of-mhaldor" thing, that Gaia and Artimis tried ...  Yea ...

Note to garden: Eleusians do not respond well to threats from their divine patrons.

... and at this point I had to delete a massive block of text, because it does not belong here and it had no relevance to this thread ... calmly backing away now ...

Tahquil said:
    Lol.  

So if you're a Scion, ya might wanna bail now.  I won't go into details because Find Out In-Game(tm).

Deziny said:
    NOTE TO GARDEN: Please ignore the above post. Please give us a Divine. We will be forever grateful and not complain about people who are volunteering to make our lives more fun. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a bramble in my eye. 

I would be thrilled to get some Divine influence into Eleusis again. We need it badly!

You mean like... @Aegis being Patron :D  That is Divine influence in the village, even if only in our House.  And it was because of the hard work we did to prove we deserve a Divine (also an indicator we were on the right path). I didn't know Artemis but I always found it weird that they splinter Gaia so damn much.

• Cailin said:
    What Deziny said.
    I think most Eleusians would give their right arm for a good Nature divine. I'd probably cry happy tears.
    I'm curious to know what you'd think if you got a bad one.
  • Aegoth said:
    And here I thought Eleusis had -some- hope after getting rid of Wicella and the rest of the people that drove off Gaia and Artemis. Seems I was wrong.

Stay in your lane and hold my beer. :D

Lenn said:
    Cailin said:
    What Deziny said.
    I think most Eleusians would give their right arm for a good Nature divine. I'd probably cry happy tears.
    I'm curious to know what you'd think if you got a bad one.
    @Cailin please stop offering body parts. I am running low as is. :D

• Do gods necessarily have to choose a city or house to patronize? Do they all have to have orders of adventurers? Which cities have vacancies for returning divines? I guess Lorielan didn't have a city when she was last active for the chaos wedding stuff (I was fresh out of the pygmy cave at the time, memory is fuzzy). I doubt Targ or Mhaldor will find room for other gods any time soon due to their existing dedications, I could see Cyrene fitting a Scarlatti. Maybe Prospero is more a rogue merchants deity. I'm not familiar enough with the divine situation in Ashtan or Hashan to comment, and won't touch the Eleusis drama with a ten foot pole.

Excluding Tlalaiad, there are 18 living gods listed on the website, 6 cities, which means 3 for each city under ideal volunteer participation. But then Mhaldor is Sartan only and Targ is Aurora+Deucalion only, so that leaves 3 unattached gods at least. I suppose there are enough rogues to populate followings for three divines, assuming their domains are convincing enough for the rogues to take an interest.

On our best days we have just under 200 players online at a time, lets simplify the math and say we have 200 players and 20 gods. Half of the 200 are noobs or otherwise not interested in going into orders so we have 20 teams of 5 for our orders. I don't think that is enough numbers to provide for much activity, given that these people are spread across the world doing different things, the population can't sustain that many gods. So lets take what we have today, seven divines, round it to 10, 10 orders with 10 devotees apiece, more doable I suppose. Maybe the remaining gods are just intermittent world characters until we can populate the world with more adventurers, I would enjoy seeing them around more.

• Caelan said:

Deziny said:
    NOTE TO GARDEN: Please ignore the above post. Please give us a Divine. We will be forever grateful and not complain about people who are volunteering to make our lives more fun. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a bramble in my eye. 

I would be thrilled to get some Divine influence into Eleusis again. We need it badly!

You mean like... @Aegis being Patron :D  That is Divine influence in the village, even if only in our House.  And it was because of the hard work we did to prove we deserve a Divine (also an indicator we were on the right path). I didn't know Artemis but I always found it weird that they splinter Gaia so damn much.
    I am over the moon about @Aegis and His patronage. He's amazing, engaging, and really wonderfully supportive of the Scions and our goals. The whole village of Eleusis should be so blessed!
  • The last time someone said "Hey, we have too many Gods across too many playerbases", bad things happened.
  • There can be as many or as few as they want, I’m not really suggesting anything other than that maybe they can do stuff without necessarily needing to keep a group of players following them.

• If you, in 2019, believe that Gaia AND Artemis were both bad for Eleusis, then you're the reason Eleusis can't even win a war against like 5 Hashani without teaming up with Ashtan, and why Mhaldor is disarming tanks that Eleusis didn't even know were placed.