Maryland/DMV area?

I’m over in Maryland! If anyone ever wants to get coffee or meet up at a con or something and get really excited about Achaea, shoot me a message. (Especially if we’ve met in game!)

Comments

• Minifie said:
    Who wants to meet in a department of motor vehicles? 
    I mean, the greater dc area has gross enough traffic and long enough lines. What’s the difference? 😭

• I’ll visit if you pay for my plane ticket! I live in bumblefuck nowhere, Australia.
  • Have you always lived in Maryland? :o I lived in Bethesda from 99-03 and we are almost the same age, maybe we met IRL as younglings :lol:

• I lived in DC from 2008-2010 and hated it, I'm in North Carolina now

• Stefana said:
    Have you always lived in Maryland? :o I lived in Bethesda from 99-03 and we are almost the same age, maybe we met IRL as younglings :lol:
    I have! Give or take some time abroad and some in New Mexico. I am here for this wholesome and very possible content 😂

• Shub said:
    I lived in DC from 2008-2010 and hated it, I'm in North Carolina now
    Yeah it’s a bit awful. Luckily I don’t live close to the city! SO: lots of people who live varying distances away! Anyone /in/ the greater DC area?

• I "lived" in Bethesda from 2005 to 2007.  Blech. Had to drive to WRMC every day for 6 months. Only place I like less than DC area if Virginia north of Richmond's southern edge.

• Awww guys! There’s lots of beautiful and fun stuff in MD too 😭 You just gotta get out of the bubble of city traffic!

• I live near DC. If I get to drop-kick @Caelan IRL and say "DASH NOW BISH" then I'm totally in.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I have to drive to FL around the 15th June @Astarod.  If you can kick me in the shins and actually walk afterwards, I might let you try

• I live in HoCo and work painfully close to DC. Are we gonna do a DMV meet?! 😁
  • @Iloisee @Caelan @Astarod Heck yeah let’s do it 

• Can it be on a Tuesday or Wednesday- those are my days off 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Those are never my days off lol. On weekdays I'm in the Mitchellville area till 6 so conceivably could meet people for dinner around there. Alternatively if it's a few weeks from now I might could get a day off.
  • I could try for a weekend to be honest.

• edited May 2019
    Arin! said:
    @Iloisee @Caelan @Astarod Heck yeah let’s do it 
    So don't take this the wrong way but..  I despise the DC area.  That said, I usually drive the 21 hours straight from CT to FL so a break before the halfway point (SC) wouldnt be terrible.  If it lines up with when I'm driving down I could stop.  

I might just stop anyway to shove a spare foot up @Astarod's ass for fun. :-)
     I will be driving back by July 1 but will have my kids with me. 

• Caelan said:
    Arin! said:
    @Iloisee @Caelan @Astarod Heck yeah let’s do it 
    So don't take this the wrong way but..  I despise the DC area.  That said, I usually drive the 21 hours straight from CT to FL so a break before the halfway point (SC) wouldnt be terrible.  If it lines up with when I'm driving down I could stop.  

I might just stop anyway to shove a spare foot up @Astarod's ass for fun. :-)

Kinky.

I will be driving back by July 1 but will have my kids with me. 

• I’m in the Annapolis area but fine with driving. I’m free after 6 on weekdays and on weekends! Sounds like if we’re not counting Caelan (what a hater 😂) a weekend could maybe work?

• I'm stranded in California, Maryland (confusing being from CA) for the moment. I have no idea where this is in relation to any of you being from the west coast and also I don't have a car here but if I'm miraculously nearby any of you I'd love to grab drinks or something.
  • I live in Arlington, let’s do a DC area thing!
  • I live in Deleware which depending on where you live in MD is super close!
  • It sounds like we've got more Marylanders than DC/VA - how would folks feel about doing something in Silver Spring or Bethesda?
  • edited August 2019
    Bruv, the last time someone mentioned a meet, this place ghosted for 2 months.  Someone finally posted, and here you are just bringing up a meet like these people arent afraid to commit. :-D

• Haha fair - I'm pretty flaky so this is probably destined to fail 
  • edited August 2019
    Heh, @Iloisee and I /almost/ met up! I would be so down for something :smile: I'll even commit: I can guarantee that at least I will be at whatever is planned

• edited August 2019
    I'm assuming everyone is over 21? We could go out for drinks somewhere, or dinner? Mmm, now I'm thinking about all the wonderful Ethiopian restaurants in Bethesda... @Zackery @Iloisee @Slyvana @Astarod NOT @Caelan the naysayer :lol:

• 100% down to grab grub in Bethesda!
  • I don't live in the area, but wouldn't Rockville be less congested?

• Good point! If folks don't mind going that far out, Rockville is a good option. I'm from Gaithersburg, so very partial to the area.