Memorable quotes

Comments

• Mathonwy said:
    At your command, a crystalline golem stomps over to a proud ducal guard and wraps him in a tight
    embrace, squeezing the life from him.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    A proud ducal guard falls backward in a blur of rippling black robes, graceful even in death.
    You have slain a proud ducal guard, retrieving the corpse.
    You have learned a new Attainment ability: Polymath.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 100.
    You have reached the illustrious level of The Dragon Lord.
    You have received 25 Bound Credits!
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Never thought I'd be that guy, but I guess we all become what we hate.
    Watching anime is inevitable, Mathonwy.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited May 2019
    Tasus said:
    Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "You ain't ever cared afore, now you gotta pay a year's wage to
    tell the godsdamned world how much you care now. Sickenin'."

Accipiter, Fixer of Things Since 269AF shouts, "I make a lot more than that in a year Telen."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "You ain't make shit, whoever you are."

Damn, yo.
    Savage.

• Kiet said:
    Mathonwy said:
    At your command, a crystalline golem stomps over to a proud ducal guard and wraps him in a tight
    embrace, squeezing the life from him.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    A proud ducal guard falls backward in a blur of rippling black robes, graceful even in death.
    You have slain a proud ducal guard, retrieving the corpse.
    You have learned a new Attainment ability: Polymath.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 100.
    You have reached the illustrious level of The Dragon Lord.
    You have received 25 Bound Credits!
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Never thought I'd be that guy, but I guess we all become what we hate.
    Watching anime is inevitable, Mathonwy.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Mathonwy said:

The slope from level 100 mathonwy to anime watching mathonwy is like straight up 90 degrees.
  • This is legit the best conversation going on these forums right now.  #TeamMathonwy

• 2019/05/27 16:14:48 - One of your city's tanks has been captured.
    2019/05/27 16:28:28 - The sanctioned raid in The City of Eleusis has ended.
    2019/05/27 16:29:44 - Krizal > Elon, Balkin, Shirszae, and myself raided Eleusis. The Eleusians were falling by droves, but unfortunately Mhaldor decided to pay a visit and captured our tank before we finished charging it up.

Related image

Well played
  • Legitimately have only ever watched DBZ and I feel like you die hards will write me letters about how it's not true anime.

@Mathonwy you do you, bb. Ur beautiful.

DBZ and Zoids were pretty much it for me, and I know by todays standards they're not really considered 'anime'. Even thought technically things like Family Guy and Simpsons are anime by traditional standards.

• Dunn said:
    Legitimately have only ever watched DBZ and I feel like you die hards will write me letters about how it's not true anime.
    That's the one where Vegetu went on the quest to gather the seven pieces of his brown-kai so that he could become a super vampire and then challenge the Elite Four in the shadow realm, right?
  • Yeah and then something about a trap card.

• Dunn said:
    Yeah and then something about a trap card.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Felix was in that series too.
  • wtf do you mean by today's standards dbz isn't anime. it's literally anime as in japanese animation y'all anime haters just afraid to admit you love an anime.
    Kiet said:
    wtf do you mean by today's standards dbz isn't anime. it's literally anime as in japanese animation y'all anime haters just afraid to admit you love an anime.
    By today's standards of many male anime watchers that don't consider anything that isn't essentially an animated harem show as 'anime'.

I consider DBZ anime and quite enjoyed watching it growing up.

• Enjoyed? Have you seen Super?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited May 2019
    Kiet said:
    wtf do you mean by today's standards dbz isn't anime. it's literally anime as in japanese animation y'all anime haters just afraid to admit you love an anime.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Kresslack said:
    Kiet said:
    By today's standards of many male anime watchers that don't consider anything that isn't essentially an animated harem show as 'anime'.

I consider DBZ anime and quite enjoyed watching it growing up.
    Are you implying DBZ isn't a harem anime?
  • As noted by the all-knowing Wikipedia, DBZ is adventure, comedy, and fantasy.
  • edited May 2019
    What sort of lunatic eats the ass end out of an apple first.  No buildup, no anticipation, no suspense, just.. BLAM there you go!   INSANITY

The closest I've come to watching anime is when I was stationed in Japan and had to dodge the obnoxious Yu-gi-oh cartoons so my kids wouldn't want to watch them all day. Also, damn AFN for playing it for what felt like half the day.

Well, that and the hentai and furry-based pr0n I see at work regularly.

Caelan said:
    What sort of lunatic eats the ass end out of an apple first.
    That's how you're supposed to eat them! And typically eat the entire thing save for the stem. People waste about 50% of the apple when they eat it these days.

• Kresslack said:
    Caelan said:
    That's how you're supposed to eat them! And typically eat the entire thing save for the stem. People waste about 50% of the apple when they eat it these days.
    Maybe the weirdest rag on “kids these days” I’ve ever heard.

Fucking millennials and your... apple core wastage, I guess.

Stefana said:
    Kresslack said:
    Caelan said:
    Maybe the weirdest rag on “kids these days” I’ve ever heard.

Fucking millennials and your... apple core wastage, I guess.
    Ha! Wasn't intended like that, but yeah. Turns out it's actually about 30%, which is still a lot of apple.

• 2019/05/29 11:38:10 - Krizal has sanctioned a raid against The City of Eleusis.
    2019/05/29 11:41:42 - Krizal has retrieved a tank from your city's reserves.
    2019/05/29 12:07:41 - Asmodron, Krizal, Sobriquet, and Zhedan have destroyed The ruins of Staging grounds for the Collosea en Duir.
    2019/05/29 12:59:10 - The City of Eleusis has declared a sanctioned raid against the City.
    2019/05/29 13:18:15 - Asmodron has disarmed a hostile tank. Arcturus, Shirszae, and Sobriquet assisted in the defence.
    2019/05/29 13:18:15 - The City of Eleusis has withdrawn from the City, ending the sanctioned raid.
    2019/05/29 17:30:16 - The City of Eleusis has declared a sanctioned raid against the City.
    2019/05/29 17:48:08 - Wicella has disarmed a hostile tank. Krizal and Shirszae assisted in the defence.
    2019/05/29 17:48:08 - The City of Eleusis has withdrawn from the City, ending the sanctioned raid.
    019/05/29 18:07:40 - The City of Eleusis has declared a sanctioned raid against the City.
    2019/05/29 18:43:08 - Elon has disarmed a hostile tank. Krizal, Shirszae, and Wicella assisted in the defence.
    2019/05/29 18:43:08 - The City of Eleusis has withdrawn from the City, ending the sanctioned raid.

Image result for awkward

• edited May 2019
    Eleusis still won, you didn't capture any tanks.