What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Minifie said:

That's awesome.

Image result for improvise adapt overcome meme

Zbaco said:
    Mhaldor decided to come harass us as we were recovering the bodies of the fallen that recently started washing up along the shores of the Muurn.

After a couple of skirmishes they tried a breathrain. I was distracted and almost didn't catch it, but got a becalm off just in the nick of time.

Several eventful seconds later, we'd accounted for two of the attackers and the rest duanathared. Becalm FTW =)
    Aegoth blowing himself up a couple of times was a nice touch as well.

• To whoever heard my request for a demonstration, thank you! That is a seriously awesome looking deathsight! I'm going to go rest with a stupid grin on my face! 

Bloodthirsty shrieks echo through the Vashnars as an oscillating lake wyrm consumes what remains of Ayani in a maddening frenzy.
  • Kresslack said:
    Zbaco said:
    Mhaldor decided to come harass us as we were recovering the bodies of the fallen that recently started washing up along the shores of the Muurn.

After a couple of skirmishes they tried a breathrain. I was distracted and almost didn't catch it, but got a becalm off just in the nick of time.

Several eventful seconds later, we'd accounted for two of the attackers and the rest duanathared. Becalm FTW =)
    That only happened due to my router cutting off at the worst possible moments. Alas
    Aegoth said:
    Kresslack said:
    Zbaco said:

That only happened due to my router cutting off at the worst possible moments. Alas
    Ouch, talk about bad timing.

• Zbaco said:

I forgot to put totem defs up or I'd have easily survived due to TF tankiness :( But we knew going in we'd likely get owned since it was like just four of us and you guys were all grouped in a group of like 30 (I honestly believed it was because you were fighting Aegoth haha, not an event).
  • Zbaco said:

Hey, my breathrain went off, if they were more like me it could have worked!

Sorry though, like Kiet said, didn't know there was a thing going on, we were just swinging at a defense group.
  • Khel said:
    Zbaco said:

Hey, my breathrain went off, if they were more like me it could have worked!

Sorry though, like Kiet said, didn't know there was a thing going on, we were just swinging at a defense group.
    That's right, yours did - saw it while going back through the logs. It was definitely a close-run thing!

• edited May 2019
    Beach on Lake Muurn.
    (30+ lines snipped, you'll see why in a moment)
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and southwest.

> info here corpse
    (snip)
    Number of matching objects: 60 (out of 71 total)

> info here pile
    pile456978          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile484513          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile363159          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile504846          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile501803          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile380723          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile455641          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile501824          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile326259          a heaping pile of corpses
    pile294187          a heaping pile of corpses

> p pile
    A grotesque collection of corpses litters the ground, piled atop one another in a macabre facsimile
    of a wood pile. The deceased consist primarily of the city guard, but plenty of innocent, be they
    young, elderly, or in between, contribute to this massive collection of cadavers. Brought on by
    blood, bloat, and the beginnings of decay, the overwhelming stench of death emanates from the
    bodies. Ever opportunistic, a cloud of flies buzzes about the area, alighting on the deceased flesh
    to have their fill. It weighs about 3781 pounds.

Copy/paste/repeat all along the shoreline...

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2019
    Sort of reminds me of New Londo from DS

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Sort of reminds me of New Londo from DS
    When New Londo was flooded to contain their corrupted knights and their kings, the citizens of New Londo also fell victim to the flood. The ghosts of the citizens now haunt the ruins of their old city, inadvertently acting as guardians, keeping any intruder from getting close to the seal.
    I'm rather partial to the new wyrms that Cyrene got, but I'd so be down with Cyrenean ghost guards too. 
    Mathonwy said:
    Today, after several RL years of indecision, I settled on the following:

The arms of Mathonwy: Cendree, a crow close contourny dexter and a crow close sinister.
    In modern Achaean: A crow wings folded facing right positioned near the left and a crow wings folded
    positioned near the right, on a dark grey background.

I really hope we get the long promised, much teased heraldry update sometime within the next couple of years.

Rhivona said:
    Kresslack said:
    Mathonwy said:

The arms of Mathonwy: Cendree, a crow close contourny dexter and a crow close sinister.
    In modern Achaean: A crow wings folded facing right positioned near the left and a crow wings folded

I really hope we get the long promised, much teased heraldry update sometime within the next couple of years.
    My fingers are hovering above the "Delete Heraldry" button as we speak.
    As great as heraldry is in general, I think that would be an improvement at this point. Would be great to see a more easily understandable and manageable system with still some traditional flair, as well as licensed Heralds getting an opportunity to earn for the work they do.

• Rhivona said:
    Kresslack said:
    Mathonwy said:

My fingers are hovering above the "Delete Heraldry" button as we speak.
    Hey now, you.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Once again, hunting with @Kuririn, and he gets the kill-shot that sends me over :grin:

Stepping forward, Kuririn drives the end of a knotted willow staff into the left arm of a sword spider outrider.
    [Rage]: +0.5. Total: 60.8
    Continuing his kata, Kuririn spins a knotted willow staff in his hands and drives the weapon into the right arm of a sword spider outrider.
    A sword spider outrider has been slain by Kuririn.
    Still clawing at a strange, spiderweb-shaped pendant hanging from his neck, a sword spider outrider expires upon the ground.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 98.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Lady of Creation.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • So you *didn't* blow up the city? Or the other Aegoth-esque stuff?

• my plant rift has never looked better.

Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plants
    [ 2500] bayberry bark          [ 2500] bellwort flower        [ 2500] black cohosh
    [ 2500] bloodroot leaf         [ 2500] burdock                [ 2500] echinacea
    [ 2500] ginger root            [ 2500] ginseng root           [ 2500] goldenseal root
    [ 2500] hawthorn berry         [ 2500] irid moss              [ 2500] kelp
    [ 2500] kola nut               [   50] kuzu root              [ 2500] lady's slipper root
    [ 2500] lobelia seed           [ 2500] myrrh gum              [ 2500] prickly ash bark
    [ 2500] prickly pear           [ 2500] sileris                [ 2500] skullcap
    [ 2500] slippery elm           [ 2500] valerian               [  130] weed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited May 2019
    So... you are running out of cactus weed so your other curatives are not being eaten late at night?
  • nah. I just stocked up on all the important stuff. I rarely, if ever, smoke the weed. The smiley spam (even just the SVOF "saved you from seeing a smiley" spam) is absolutely annoying, and I see enough of it when I get hit with crap while hunting reagents and stuff. I'd rather do bliss or gleam anyday.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Got a squirrel monkey. Thanks Seragorn <3

• Caelan said:
    So you *didn't* blow up the city? Or the other Aegoth-esque stuff?
    @Taryius holocausted our own master shrine, so there were some explosions. @Aegoth -esque would have included sacrificing one or several goats.