What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Dunn said:
    Wasn’t even in their party. You guys with the 4 man savior squad is pretty funny too. 
    That's fair. Still having to track three different groupings (even if you're solo) and beat each of them is pretty awesome. 
  • Penwize said:
    Lenn said:
    Dunn said:
    It reminds me of a shardblade wound from Stormlight Archives. Just severs the soul from that portion of the body and causes no overt wound.
    The cull instantkill does just that. You basically scythe through them and rip out their spirit writhing in agony, all as their body crumples lifelessly to the ground.
    I wish I could put a death scythe on my shadow scythe.
    Yeah it's infinitely weird to me that you can't upgrade the death scythe to an L3 DW scythe.  Having two scythes is weird.  Then again most talismans and their complete lack of customisation is weird and one of my biggest gripes right now.
    @Makarios said they were considering it a long while back, but I assume they either decided against it or that the idea slipped through the cracks.
  • edited May 2019
    When your auto script fails you, and you spam the room with:

Ryzan picks up a tiny black and white kitten.
    A tiny black and white kitten squirms impatiently, slipping out of Ryzan's grasp.

Swordmaster Colbey darts forward, and spins behind Mathonwy, slicing open his hamstring.

A tiny black and white kitten squirms impatiently, slipping out of Ryzan's grasp.

Lightning-quick, Tasus jabs Swordmaster Colbey with a Soulpiercer.

With deadly grace, Swordmaster Colbey, feints to the right, and then slashes Mathonwy across the abdomen.

With deadly grace, Swordmaster Colbey, feints to the right, and then slashes Mathonwy across the
    abdomen.

• Maybe he just really wanted the kitten.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Would you call that heavy petting?

• Ilira said:
    "Fond thoughts of your homeland, Mhaldor, fill your head as you leave it, ready to embark on new adventures elsewhere."

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The tip of a subjectioner's spigot talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The fabric for suremekh'neina talisman piece!

300 credit cache. Nice.

• It must be good cache day:

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The cover for an experimenter's grimoire talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with The wax for a taper of eternity talisman piece!
    40152h, 36529m, 44930e, 44930w  
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.351s)
    37632h, 33747m, 44930e, 44930w  (-2520h, 25.0%, -2782m, 25.1%) 
    As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The binding for an experimenter's grimoire talisman piece!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tasus said:
    Turned 28 as of the time I write this comment-y thing, so... that happened today technically. Hope you guys have a good one!
    Image result for happy birthday meme

• Adrik said:
    I will buy some of those spares of you! 

• Penwize said:
    Penwize has explorer rank #1 with the title a Worldwalker.
    Didn't think this would ever happen.  Thank you explorers change!

That's cool. What were the changes?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Sailed a lot. Flooded my order logs. >_>

• Armali said:
    Academician Armali
    She foiled the plot against the Lion Throne of Istarion and saved the royal family.

This series of quests was soooo much more intuitive than the ones on Yggdrasil.

Thank you @Alycia for inspiring me to do this. Now to see if I can't finangle a spider mount!
    Yo, congrats! I've been stuck on one particular part of that for nearly a year now and endlessly confused, but I'm glad to see someone else grab it. Serious props. :D 
  • So as for what I've done today... Didn't read documents thoroughly enough and realised far too late I couldn't put -'s in family clan suffixes... meaning my attempt to retain my old suffix without a city just wasted a million gold total. Oh well, lessons learned? 
  • Ygia said:
    Armali said:
    Academician Armali
    She foiled the plot against the Lion Throne of Istarion and saved the royal family.

This series of quests was soooo much more intuitive than the ones on Yggdrasil.

Thank you @Alycia for inspiring me to do this. Now to see if I can't finangle a spider mount!
    Yo, congrats! I've been stuck on one particular part of that for nearly a year now and endlessly confused, but I'm glad to see someone else grab it. Serious props. :D 
    I think I got lucky in that our normal murder hobos were for some reason absent from Istarion all of Saturday afternoon (Pacific) so I pretty much an uninterrupted run to do the entire quest twice (once to learn and botch, the second to actually do).
  • After a rather long break, I decided to return and get back to work. One step closer.

You whip a Barbarian's morningstar toward a spinorthos.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a spinorthos, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 93.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 3rd Order of the Hyperphysical.
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Silas said:
    Penwize said:
    Penwize has explorer rank #1 with the title a Worldwalker.
    Didn't think this would ever happen.  Thank you explorers change!

That's cool. What were the changes?
    <div>ANNOUNCE NEWS #5047&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (05/24/2019 at 18:23)&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>From&nbsp; &nbsp;: Nicola</div><div>To&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;: Everyone</div><div>Subject: Exploration!</div><div>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------</div><div>Exploration has been in a bit of a sticky situation over the past many years, and we've finally sat</div><div>down and decided to revamp it. This comes in a few separate changes of varying degrees.</div><div><br></div><div>First, the dreaded rule of threes. Bane of explorer and coder alike. Some of you know about the</div><div>rule, some of you don't, but previously only one in three rooms in Achaea counted for exploration,&nbsp;</div><div>and which rooms were selected was a bit arbitrary as far as their actual placement was concerned.&nbsp;</div><div>This led to a lot of areas being worth significantly more or less than they should have been, in the&nbsp;</div><div>grand scheme of things. This rule is no more! Now, some of you may realize that this causes a bit of&nbsp;</div><div>an issue, with what was and was not tracked being moved over to the new system. Fear not! Your&nbsp;</div><div>current progress has been updated based on exploration in rooms that were nearby, or that were pre-</div><div>requisites to reach your current room. Keep in mind that there are a few exceptions, such as special&nbsp;</div><div>exits, hidden rooms, and a few more, so if one of your top-secret hidey-holes didn't count for&nbsp;</div><div>exploration before, you'll likely have to revisit it.</div><div><br></div><div>Second, old areas. From the single rooms lost to a building collapse, to the large temples lost when</div><div>a Divine was slain, countless rooms have lingered in a state of limbo, counting towards exploration&nbsp;</div><div>progress while being inaccessible to the entirety of the game. This has been rectified, and in most&nbsp;</div><div>instances should no longer be the case. Our goal is for exploration to evolve alongside the world of&nbsp;</div><div>Achaea, and this change should help your ranking more accurately reflect your standing within the&nbsp;</div><div>Fellowship of Explorers. For those of you who own an Explorer's Tome, feel free to keep an eye out&nbsp;</div><div>for any rooms or areas that we've missed in our cleanup, and BUG them accordingly.</div><div><br></div><div>Third come stockrooms. Some of the most highly-guarded and valuable-filled rooms in the game that,</div><div>as far as the Fellowship of Explorers is concerned, amount to little more than a dusty cabinet full&nbsp;</div><div>of boxes and bins. Given the strict security in place for these rooms, the lack of meaning tied to&nbsp;</div><div>them, and the extremely low turnover rate of shopowners, the Fellowship of Explorers has decided to&nbsp;</div><div>stop considering stockrooms when evaluating a member's progress.</div><div><br></div><div>Lastly, for those of you without an Explorer's Tome, keeping track of your progress can be a bit of</div><div>a hassle. Fear not! A cartographer has set up shop in Delos, where you may purchase blank maps for a&nbsp;</div><div>measly sum of five thousand sovereigns. These single-use items can be used to gain a rough estimate&nbsp;</div><div>of your exploration progress in an area, via SURVEY FOR MAP.</div><div><br></div><div>So, what does this all mean? All in all, your exploration ranking should now be a much more accurate</div><div>reflection of your status as an explorer within the world of Achaea. It should mean that your hard&nbsp;</div><div>work to worm your way into every last crevice of a particular area won't go to waste due to a room&nbsp;</div><div>that simply isn't tracked by the system. It should make exploration more inclusive, and competitive,&nbsp;</div><div>across the entire game, and bring a system that's been long overdue for an overhaul much more in&nbsp;</div><div>line with more recent systems.</div><div><br></div><div>Best of luck, explorers!</div><div><br></div><div>Penned by My hand on the 21st of Miraman, in the year 801 AF.</div>