Achaean Raves

Comments

• As far as I remember Sarah shouted about finding her daughter, Tesha shouted back, then Selto sent a tell to Tesha, and it just snowballed from there
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • According to deathsight @Mizik’s pommelstrike carried the Targ group. 
  • edited May 2019
    Morthif said:
    According to deathsight @Mizik’s pommelstrike carried the Targ group. 

Yeah, it's all his fault we lost the day before. :angry:

Jinos said:
    As far as I remember Sarah shouted about finding her daughter, Tesha shouted back, then Selto sent a tell to Tesha, and it just snowballed from there
    That may have been what got Tesha raiding. I wasn't paying attention to all that. But the day before, Eril was talking mad shit at all of us for losing - throughout the entire time - and we still had to get Cyrene back. Those of us who were there for that weren't feeling very merciful.
  • edited May 2019
    I've been so enamoured with all the new deathsights that it's been hard to care about winning or losing, because seeing everything people are capable of executing is so damn entertaining on either side.

@Farrah

Had no clue. I don't think any of us had a clue. But things make a lot more sense now. At least for Targossas' actions in general.  :o
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Even I, nefarious and scornworthy though I may be, refrained from shittalk when we demolished those Targ noobs as they tried pitifully to flail about in our cathedral. T'was glorious sportsmanship
  • Is was Hamstring holding the team up, but pommel chipping feels excellent.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited May 2019
    Mizik said:
    Farrah said:
    Rangor said:
    Cheers on tanking, and cheers to all the people defending!

The list of names looks very big, but when you see who's actually on it I can totally get how you managed to pull it off! Feels like the old days when we raided Hashan(and I assume how it is to raid cyrene?) and a million tiny people defended. Was great fun, feels very hectic and it's an amazing feeling plowing through so many people trying to kill you. The lil' guys grow up though, so next time it'll be harder!

Everybody else seems to get this great feeling from it. I always feel like I kicked a thousand puppies.
    :(

(Okay, pwning Cyrene was pretty vindicating. But only because of Eril, and only because they kicked my ass a few times first)
    Yeah right. I was like "Okay, I no longer feel good about this, let's get out of here." and you're like what why *drop tank 2*
    I just remember walking into a room to see Mizik tripping over a totem and muttering this was a bad idea. I also got really confused for a moment because I thought Mizik was still Ashtani.

• Iloisee said:
    I want to rave for everyone who is being a good sport in this thread, especially the Cyrenian noviceishes who were like "Yay first enemy kill!" and happy about learning.

I mean...I TRIPLED my kill count with the latest barrage of Targossas raids...I'm ecstatic!!  :pB)
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    My only regret about yesterday's raid is that Rainbow's End in Delos apparently does not sell to Cyrene enemies, and it's one of my two favorite shops in Achaea not counting my own.

But I nabbed a Blood Congregation scroll case there the day before I raided and got enemied. That's worth a rave all by itself.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    My only regret about yesterday's raid is that Rainbow's End in Delos apparently does not sell to Cyrene enemies, and it's one of my two favorite shops in Achaea not counting my own.

But I nabbed a Blood Congregation scroll case there the day before I raided and got enemied. That's worth a rave all by itself.
    That's when you get young, non-enemied friendly Targossians to do your shopping for you.

Or rob the place.
  • Khel said:

I too liked that Cathedral raid and I'll now never do anything again so I don't lose my level. Also I'm trapped in the quote box please send help.

Synthus said:

Welcome to the hotel Cali-quote-box!
    Such a lovely place, (such a lovely place),
    Such a lovely typeface~
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Khel said:

Your face contorted in a twisted grimace, you clench your fists to crush the life out of Farrah.

Farrah gasps and stumbles as an unseen force crushes the life breath out of her.

Farrah collapses to the ground, her life snuffed out like a candle.

You have slain Farrah.

You have learned a new Attainment ability: Polymath.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 100.

You have reached the illustrious level of The Dragon Lord.

You have received 25 Bound Credits!

A magnesium chip falls from Farrah's corpse.

I too liked that Cathedral raid and I'll now never do anything again so I don't lose my level. Also I'm trapped in the quote box please send help.

Luckily you don't lose experience when defending during raids (not sure if the same applies to the aggressors).

• Aegoth said:
    Eril. Why are you surprised?

Also, @Mizik, you weren't there when Targ got utterly annihilated by Cyrene the day before lol
    I mean, give the guy a break. His nickname, according to @Perl (or @Phelia), is "Fuzzy Bunny Face." Of course he's going to have to compensate.
  • Faur said:
    I mean, give the guy a break. His nickname, according to @Perl (or @Phelia), is "Fuzzy Bunny Face." Of course he's going to have to compensate.
    Are you saying that someone with a nickname as illustrious as "Fuzzy Bunny Face" needs to compensate for anything? I mean, that name is all capitalized, it's practically on tier with Divinity. May we be blessed by His grace and look upon His twitching, whiskered nose for wisdom!
  • While I wasn't happy with how I did during that last raid, I am still somewhat surprised I managed to disarm that first tank, especially with all those beckon attempts and the fact everyone else was scattered and I was just waiting for Targ to jump me.
    Kaden said:
    While I wasn't happy with how I did during that last raid, I am still somewhat surprised I managed to disarm that first tank, especially with all those beckon attempts and the fact everyone else was scattered and I was just waiting for Targ to jump me.
    Not gonna lie, I was just as surprised as you were. Things were....hectic. Still I think we did pretty well overall, and learned a lot.

• Thanks @Yen! You know why!
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    edited May 2019
    Kaedan said:
    Raves for the exploration update.

First of all, stockrooms being eliminated. First step in the best direction. The only thing sweeter would be other faction-exclusive rooms, such as private areas of Divine temples, House halls, citizen-only city rooms, and I'm pretty sure those rooms you find by touching the sap in trees that only Eleusians get to visit. Nirvana and Inferno too (Chaos plane is non-faction enough for me to be happy). Related, very glad old areas finally got cleaned up.

Also, the maps item. I've always wanted an Explorer's Tome, and I'll probably still get one eventually, but it's nice having something to fall back on, even if the cost will pile up over time.

Congrats @Qwindor for reaching Worldwalker. Pretty sure that's the first person to do so?
    As far as I know I think I am the only one who has gotten it in probably at least 10 years and I am taking into considering that the world was much smaller and more accessable at that time as well. Maybe @Makarios or @Nicola can confirm.

Think it's too early to ask for an honours line if I am the first legitimate Worldwalker?

Edit: or @Ictinus

• This update owned me and my several old guildhalls :( Though I'm pretty sure I didn't lose that many ranks.
  • Qwindor said:
    Kaedan said:

First of all, stockrooms being eliminated. First step in the best direction. The only thing sweeter would be other faction-exclusive rooms, such as private areas of Divine temples, House halls, citizen-only city rooms, and I'm pretty sure those rooms you find by touching the sap in trees that only Eleusians get to visit. Nirvana and Inferno too (Chaos plane is non-faction enough for me to be happy). Related, very glad old areas finally got cleaned up.

Also, the maps item. I've always wanted an Explorer's Tome, and I'll probably still get one eventually, but it's nice having something to fall back on, even if the cost will pile up over time.

Congrats @Qwindor for reaching Worldwalker. Pretty sure that's the first person to do so?
    As far as I know I think I am the only one who has gotten it in probably at least 10 years and I am taking into considering that the world was much smaller and more accessable at that time as well. Maybe @Makarios or @Nicola can confirm.

Think it's too early to ask for an honours line if I am the first legitimate Worldwalker?

Delphinus and Ahmet have both got worldwalkers
    Nick said:
    Qwindor said:
    Kaedan said:

Delphinus and Ahmet have both got worldwalkers
    If I remember correctly that was because of something being broken with explorers that had a ton of people jump ranks when they werent supposed to and it was fixed fairly quickly afterwards.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ahmet’s done a considerable amount of exploration though, including breaking into temples. I am pretty sure his would be legit.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Ouch that hurts when you think I hadn't done the exact same thing.