Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Shhh. Just... have a cupcake and all will be fine. I promise. All those pesky thoughts that plague every day life will fade away. Good, Evil, Chaos, Nature, Progress.

Soon. You won't care about anything. But it'll be fine. We'll tend to you all. You'll be at peace.
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • And people tell me Achaea isn't getting darker and edgier. Pft.
  • Jinos said:
    @Archaeon

Reparations? Hm. Well, it would be nice if we could pluck part of the nameless population in Hashan and Targossas, and shackle them into a towering prison spire, where their frostbitten shells rot to the point that even a leper would cringe at the sight.

Then we could place their carcasses throughout the continent with clay bowls and signs asking for donations to help repair the city.

Though if it were up to me personally they would be lobotomized in the lab, and sent across the streets carrying the same signs and bowls. Drooling smiles along their charitable tasks.

But that's me. I prefer the humane route.  :)

It would never happen of course, but it would be lovely.
    Do it. We'll save them unlike what you guys did for your pop.
  • Adrik said:
    Do it. We'll save them unlike what you guys did for your pop.
    Would if I could, but I don't think Cyrene's narrative would ever lean that far. :anguished:
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    manchester
  • Don't let the edge cut you on the way out.
  • 4) It sounds like her plans involved order interaction at some level, which means actually talking to or nearby an active divine that presumably likes her in some fashion.

And the explosions thing was just following a line of roleplay the admins themselves left.
  • Just some random musings...

It does seem like the event has largely petered out, at least from a Cyrenian perspective.

We've got our city back, are picking up the pieces and rebuilding, and at last getting some IC information that "yes, it really was as bad, if not worse, than we thought/wanted to believe." The bodies are continuing to be buried, and the tunnel to the Vashnars will be reopened soon. Things are slowly returning to (a semblance of) normal.

On the PvP side of things, it's looking like our combatants are about to get permission to go on the offensive, as they're been clamouring to do so for quite some time now. We're already experiencing the joys of being raided again, albeit by a different group of faces than we normally see - which is actually kind of nice (no offense @Aegoth, @Proficy & co., it got rather repetitive seeing you all raiding time and time again.)

Quite possible things will heat up again once the Games kick off...and as they are being hosted by the Tsol'teth, would expect Cyrenians to boycott it entirely, though you know that's not going to happen.

Anyways, guess we'll see what happens.

• Lenn said:
    And the explosions thing was just following a line of roleplay the admins themselves left.
    Duly noted.

Zbaco said:
    Quite possible things will heat up again once the Games kick off...and as they are being hosted by the Tsol'teth, would expect Cyrenians to boycott it entirely, though you know that's not going to happen. 

Anyways, guess we'll see what happens. 
    I don't think Cyrene is going to boycott the games, but I would be highly disappointed if there isn't some subterfuge being employed considering that it sounds like we are about to walk into the heart of the Tsol'teth home.
  • edited May 2019
    Armali said:
    Don't forget the last one, which probably outweighs all the other reasons you posted:

3) someone upstairs has a fondness for Skye, hence the Undinky Barrel and someone else thought would that make a cool anime arc for Skye.
    mate I've antagonized half of achaea which at some point included many players that eventually became gods, and yet I've never felt ignored for an event that I attempted to put effort into. the idea that skye is just the garden's favorite is an excuse, especially since now and then we get relative nobodies getting big parts of events, too.

I've been playing this game for a very long time. I don't always participate very hard in events (especially game-wide ones), largely because I'm add and because kiet has a very specific list of things he cares enough to put effort into. But I have been watching events (either of the worldwide or the smaller variety like stuff for a house/guild/city/order) closely for a long time, I've known a lot of people that got put into events posts, both famous and not so much. I know firsthand how much effort and creativity some of these people put into trying to influence events, and the idea that it all just comes down to 'oh they have an order' (well no shit having an org makes it easier, this isn't rogue: the game) or 'oh they're someoone's favorite upstairs' are absurd when faced with the actual evidence I've seen.

If there is some sort of 'preference' that I've noticed (not that individual gods cant have favorites, of course, but I mean on a more general level) it's that well-developed, creative, and interesting characters with interesting ideas can sometimes get more attention on a case by case basis. Which is, well, a positive, and different from 'oh they just pick their favorites.' It's less about who and more about how, in that sense.
  • That's fair, but you don't need to exaggerate and make it sound like that was the only, exclusive reason. It happens that people in authority take a shine to people beneath them, often times for the reasons you even described, and things get nudged along for that person because of it. They couldn't manufacture things out of whole cloth, of course, but if the person is looking to pursue something that might be plausible, then it could get pushed ahead of other, equally plausible routes. To claim otherwise is as absurd as claiming that someone was raised to position of prominence for solely their relationship alone.
  • So why Undinky Barrel and not The Meld Beacon?

The world may never know.
  • How does that contradict the admin being fond of her? @Armali never claimed they liked her for her personality or anything.
  • edited May 2019
    Because it's not about being fond of her, lol. It's about her putting more effort and creative energy into this event than most of the rest of us combined. That she shows up in a lot of events is simply because she does this repeatedly, that's my point.

If it were about being 'fond' of her, Skye wouldn't have events where she felt like she didn't get anywhere, and she's posted on forums about how it's happened to her before. You can't win them all, but giving up immediately means you win none.

Stuff like the Undinky Barrel is probably simply because someone finds her character fun to poke at, sure. But that's not exactly what influenced the event, lol.
  • Kiet said:
    did every cyrenian go to whine college or somethin? lots of people had fun with the event, we don't even know if this is the actual end of it (do you really think tsol'teth will hold staff games with literally no further plot or character progression?), half of cyrene got rewritten on extremely short notice,  and there were like 3 climaxes at once at one point.

But they've not changed a city emote in a few days, this is clearly not good enough... 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Kiet said:
    Do you think Skye rose from the ocean in a clamshell with her first events honours line? 
    I do now! Going to figure out how to make this canon.
  • Skye said:
    I just want to say that if I got my 'cool anime arc', Hailqas'an and I would have been emoting waving cooking knives and skillets at each other before I force her to submit with rainbows and lightbeams cascading from her mouth at my cooking. Instead she went and off'd herself. :(
    Isn't it usually clothes ripping apart and/or some sort of illusory, metaphorical scene change?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Being naked in Cyrene is a violation of their code of common decency, although I think the fact that it needed be said/written down at all is kinda... yeah.

So no, we couldn't have gotten any clothes ripping for our cook off. Some lasers and maybe some scene changes if they're not too lewd.

• @Skye
    There was a golden opportunity missed here for you to be able to shout "My frying pan is the frying pan that will pierce the firmament!" I am saddened that you will not get that chance. :cry:
  • anime suuuuuuuuuuucks
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  •          
  • Mathonwy said:
    anime suuuuuuuuuuucks
    This requires immediate flagging and permanent banning...