Adventure Tasks

13»

Comments

• Taryius said:
    Welcome, to exploration! Woo!

Assist the researcher in the Pri'alysh moor with surveying the lands. (Hard)
    I had the same one. Even as somebody who doesn't really quest ever it didn't seem that difficult. Hardest part was finding the right combination of words to say to get them to respond to me.
  • Antonius said:
    Taryius said:
    Welcome, to exploration! Woo!

Assist the researcher in the Pri'alysh moor with surveying the lands. (Hard)
    I had the same one. Even as somebody who doesn't really quest ever it didn't seem that difficult. Hardest part was finding the right combination of words to say to get them to respond to me.
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised by it too. I think maybe the things on Yggdrasil are weighed slightly heavier than others? Or I can only assume.
  • Some of those areas can be pretty tough for lower level players, so it's possible that's a consideration in the difficulty, yeah.
  • Choose medium

Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the exploration theme is as
    follows. Elducia of the Aalen requires help arranging a memorial. Good luck!"
  • for medium:

Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the exploration theme is as follows. A lady of Qurnok has lost an heirloom, help her to retrieve it. Good luck!"
  • Picked medium:

Got "help Zeuris in Aalen". An easyish task that I was also vaguely familiar with, and while it required several steps, was not actually too hard for me to figure out - thankfully, since I pretty much hate questing and suck at figuring things out in general.

Thanks to @Veldrin and Misukami for helping me a bit with one part. 
  • Medium: Elducia of the Aalen requires help arranging a memorial.

Only Elducia I could find was in the Aureliana, and couldn't seem to get her to talk about anything other than animals in the forest. Not sure if it's a typo on the Adventure text, if Elducia is supposed to be in the Aalen at times, or if there's a second Elducia somewhere in the Aalen I couldn't find. :/
  • Kaedan said:
    Medium: Elducia of the Aalen requires help arranging a memorial.

Only Elducia I could find was in the Aureliana, and couldn't seem to get her to talk about anything other than animals in the forest. Not sure if it's a typo on the Adventure text, if Elducia is supposed to be in the Aalen at times, or if there's a second Elducia somewhere in the Aalen I couldn't find. :/
    I've fixed the error in that description now, and made the quest a little more intuitive!
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the exploration theme is as follows. Several gour have gotten loose in Tir Murann, help Dynas to recover them. Good luck!"

This one is is like super hard mode...the entire village is always walking the Halls of Ugrach :(
  • Thaisen said:
    Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the exploration theme is as follows. Several gour have gotten loose in Tir Murann, help Dynas to recover them. Good luck!"

This one is is like super hard mode...the entire village is always walking the Halls of Ugrach :(
    I've been trying to do that quest for years! I almost wish I could pull a village into a foray mode just to be able to finish up quests without things dying to avid hunters. 
  • edited May 2019
    Thaisen said:
    Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the exploration theme is as follows. Several gour have gotten loose in Tir Murann, help Dynas to recover them. Good luck!"

Find somebody with a Death's Call they're not using, then be quick about getting the quest you need completed. If somebody does come to hunt there, you can always try asking them to leave the denizen you need for the quest alive, but there's no guarantee they will.
  • edited May 2019
    Thaisen said:

@t@Thaisen I’ll use deaths call for you when and if you need it. Just let me know!

Edit: fixed a horrible typo. 
  • Not gonna lie, I'm willing to metagame using my Death's Call for people trying to do quests.

• Choose Medium... 

<q>Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the conflict theme is as
    follows. Be part of a successful raid defence that disarms a hostile tank. Good luck!"</q>

So... how does this fall under medium?
  • Rejected...

choose medium again....

Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the conflict theme is as
    follows. Win an arena event, either solo or as part of a team Good luck!"

That seems more reasonable.
  • 5020h, 5210m, 23430e, 13274w cexkdb-30 [  ]
    Thinking back you recall that your task is...
    Participate in a jousting match.
    5020h, 5210m, 23430e, 13280w cexkdb-30 [  ]
    Abilities in Riding:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mount                You can mount a steed.
       -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      *** Next ability available in 7 lessons ***
       -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mule                 Bumble along upon a stubborn mule.
    Mounts               Locate all your loyal mounts.
    Calming              Calm your panicked steed.
    Ponies               Prance about on a pony.
    Scooping             Scoop objects off the ground.
    Steedtrade           You can trade your steed, bestowing its loyalty to another.
    Lighthorse           Gaily ride a light horse.
    Defence              Your mount affords you some defence in combat.
    Fording              Ford through rivers on your mount without taking damage.
    Whistle              Whistle one loyal steed to your side.
    Mediumhorse          Explore the lands upon a medium horse.
    Intimidate           Encourage your mount to intimidate other mounts.
    Ram                  You can ram other riders, knocking them off their steeds.
    Lasso                Lasso and ride wild mounts.
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (54% shown)]
    5020h, 5210m, 23430e, 13292w cexkdb-30 [  ]
    [File continued via MORE]
    Heavyhorse           Trot proudly upon a heavy horse.
    Vault                Impressively vault onto your steed.
    Gallop               Gallop on your steed with great speed.
    Warhorse             Boldly ride a war horse.
    Mountjump            Your steed can jump over obstacles blocking exits.
    Greaterwarhorse      Marshal your forces on a greater war horse.
    Blocking             Your steed can block exits.
    Breakfall            Fall like a feather.
    Mountkick            Use your mount to kick an unmounted opponent.
    Legendsteeds         Proudly ride upon legendary steeds.
    Mounttreading        Your mount is able to travel through water with ease.
    Flying               Fly the winds upon a winged steed.
    Jousting             Joust against other mounted opponents.
    Trample              Frenzy your steed to trample all prone in your location.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To gain further information on an ability, AB <ability>.

5020h, 5210m, 23430e, 13292w cexkdb-30 [  ]

That was from an easy one too. Any chance we can get this to check we actually have skills to perform the task before we get given it?
  • Need to take Avatar out as well, that's several magnitudes of difficulty harder than every other task. Can't believe that made it in tbh.

• Cooper said:
    Need to take Avatar out as well, that's several magnitudes of difficulty harder than every other task. Can't believe that made it in tbh.
    Avatar isn't mechanically difficult, it's just a time investment that (vastly) exceeds the duration of an adventure theme. The larger problem is that there's generally a lot of roleplay and organisational structure around Avatar, so for most people it's simply not an option even if they're in an Order with sufficient subverted essence to raise an Avatar.
  • It'd be better if the adventure was to degrade a shrine in a crusade, because I'd love more crusades to be encouraged. The problem is it still runs into the problem of potentially being mechanically impossible to complete within the timeframe since you need to wait X amount of time to passively get from 3 mil to 4 mil order essence, and only one person in the order can do it so if more than one get the adventure, they're stuck too.
  • Antonius said:
    Cooper said:
    Need to take Avatar out as well, that's several magnitudes of difficulty harder than every other task. Can't believe that made it in tbh.
    Avatar isn't mechanically difficult, it's just a time investment that (vastly) exceeds the duration of an adventure theme. The larger problem is that there's generally a lot of roleplay and organisational structure around Avatar, so for most people it's simply not an option even if they're in an Order with sufficient subverted essence to raise an Avatar.
    It's not mechanically difficult if you ignore all the pre-reqs, sure.

1. Be in an order (250 hours?)
    2. Have a large, established shrine network. (50 hours?)
    3. Offer 3 million essence x5 (60 hours?)
    4. Wait to get 1 million essence from sovereignty x5 (don't have a good estimate 2 RL months?)
    4. Crusade 5 times (5 hours)
    5. Be high ranked in the order so you take Avatar priority. (?)
    6. Have a reason to be avatar other than an adventure. (?)

Sounds reasonable for like 20k gold.

• Killing a ketea is a medium sailing adventure, and killing three sea spiders is a hard one. Those should probably be switched. Killing any seamonster level 4 or higher should probably be hard difficulty. 
  • I got salvage a ship, so I sailed to a harbour, did a scan, and salvaged a random sunken ship.

In hindsight, could probably have looked outside near a harbour, but wanted to not spend hours trying to find one.