Multiclass

So for any of you who don't know me, I play a Jester. I'm getting closer to Logosian now and am thinking about my cross class. If you have two abilities in common with the class do you keep it? Like Tarot for Jester and Occultist? 
 Probably not, right? 
 Anyway as far as Artefact purchases stack up  (besides obvious hunting stuff like SoA and sip rings) I was considering a strength arte and the like. Which classes do you think would best compliment some of the artefacts I'll want to improve my Jester?

Answers

• Wow. I'm using mobile right now. And it's still very obvious to me that I posted this in the wrong spot. Sorry.
  • :astonished: That is okay, we all sometimes post in the wrong spot
  • Nageek said:
    :astonished: That is okay, we all sometimes post in the wrong spot
    Probably not necessary to reply to a post that's 16 months old...
  • :astonished: Didn't notice. Just saw it in unanswered... :grin:
  • Two abilities in common are not kept.  Each class has its own separate tree that must be trained to full.  Personally I would choose monk, strength arti would go nicely with them and their utility and versatility are hard to match.
  • You really need to check the date of the last post more often.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Pyori said:
    You really need to check the date of the last post more often.
    Nah, you're good @Kuririn. Keep on giving good advice, and I am sure some random forum user will benefit at some point.

• I stand by the opinion that Runelore is the best bashing arte you can buy, even before a SoA.
  • Accipiter said:
    I stand by the opinion that Runelore is the best bashing arte you can buy, even before a SoA.
    Can you explain why?

I agree Runelore is great, but anyone can benefit from runes - you don't need Runelore to get the best effects.

Uruz, dagaz, raido are all great - and so is wunjo/nairat spam if you feel you're at risk to be jumped.

• Cooper said:
    Accipiter said:
    I stand by the opinion that Runelore is the best bashing arte you can buy, even before a SoA.
    Can you explain why?

I agree Runelore is great, but anyone can benefit from runes - you don't need Runelore to get the best effects.

Uruz, dagaz, raido are all great - and so is wunjo/nairat spam if you feel you're at risk to be jumped.
    Having 12 hour runes without having to ask people/pay 1k a rune makes bashing so much faster. Some cities provide the service for free but the chance of losing the runes in the middle of trying to kill something above your level means that the 10% damage reduction for 12 hours is much better than having to stop every hour to find someone who can refresh the runes.
  • You know, I actually forgot that runes wore off in an hour. I do mine myself, then switch class - I am very spoiled.

What if you made a classlead suggestion to make more powerful (longer lasting) runes that take more inks?

• Cooper said:
    You know, I actually forgot that runes wore off in an hour. I do mine myself, then switch class - I am very spoiled.

What if you made a classlead suggestion to make more powerful (longer lasting) runes that take more inks?
    Or classlead it so that if you change class, your runes max time limit switches to an hour, and if they've exceeded that, they immediately fade.
  • Kaedan said:
    Cooper said:
    You know, I actually forgot that runes wore off in an hour. I do mine myself, then switch class - I am very spoiled.

Or classlead it so that if you change class, your runes max time limit switches to an hour, and if they've exceeded that, they immediately fade.
    I don't like you very much anymore  :o

• Kaedan said:
    Cooper said:

This is a fine example of the two differing approaches to balance: "buff everything until it's all equally fun" and "nerf everything until it's all equally unfun."

Personally, I subscribe to the former school of thought, and hope those who subscribe to the latter school of thought wake to find a school of lampreys in their pants.
  • edited May 2019
    Perhaps transcendance would allow you to put three or six hours on other people, while keeping twelve for yourself.  Make ones you do for others an equal length, though, rather than Jera lasting two, while algiz and berkana are one.

• Perhaps just leave it as it is because there aren't any problems with the current system.
  • edited May 2019
    ~said the guy with every class, who can do exactly what Cooper described.
    Runes that last longer, but take more inks, affects nobody in a negative way and is most definitely an improvement on the current system. Unfortunately not a change that will be made outside of classleads.

• edited May 2019
    Penwize said:
    This is a fine example of the two differing approaches to balance: "buff everything until it's all equally fun" and "nerf everything until it's all equally unfun."

Personally, I subscribe to the former school of thought, and hope those who subscribe to the latter school of thought wake to find a school of lampreys in their pants.
    I said what I said just to be mean to Cooper (success). I actually really like his idea for more inks for a "runebound" version and would definitely go for it over mine.

The latter route you spoke of is typically what kills these kinds of games. WoW tends to do it with unfortunate frequency, and I'm terrified of the day PoE strays down that route. Achaea thankfully doesn't seem to be too bad in that regard, so hopefully my joke won't be taken too seriously by the admin.

But seriously, it needs to change. The advantage having Runewarden as a second class, especially if you can quickly change to your preferred class (either Dragon, or lots of class-change arties), is fairly large. I love Serpent, I love nearly everything about it, but damn if I'm not going to hate not being a Runewarden when I get Dragon, because rune-ing up then d'forming for 12 hours was awesome. Literally no other class has that kind of cross-class benefit.
  • I don't understand why these runes aren't in a tradeskill.
  • Costing more inks for longer runes is terrific, as long as runies can still max it on themselves by default, sketch is normal, but you can RESKETCH to half max duration, then full. 3gr 3 purple 9 yellow, 12 hour runes for anyone. I know the implication is that it’ll just “default” all players to having +1hregen, con and strength for PK purposes, but I’ve rarely, if ever, done group combat without someone being around to sketch up anyway.