What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited May 2019
    edit: Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • edited May 2019
    @Ictinus should make the whole city like the ...  loss here..  eldrichmists? The vapors that Mhaldorians and occies can spew..  with ambience messages about the stench of rotting flesh (unless this is already being done. I still haven't had more than 5 minutes to pop in).   

It would be pretty cool if instead of hitting health in any way, it periodically said like "You wretch slightly as the overwhelming stench..."  and then made you actually stop moving for a split second including randomly as you move through the ruins (not enough to be any kind of combat stopper, but enough to push it home that there are still thousands dead who weren't washed away in the flood and havent been buried.

The lake could start having "floaters" pop up like bloated rotting buoys. Havent been in so I dont know how the flood occurred (this wouldnt make sense if the lake was purged for the flood, for example).

I know it feels like it would be salt in the wound for Cyrene, but I think it would force acceptance of the high losses and help galvanize the city so they stop bickering.  And also, I couldn't imagine if Eleusis was razed like this. You guys have a pretty cool opportunity (and I appreciate the debate of "life will go on and we need to as well vs change everything. It is a big decision)

• If Cyrene isn't accepting the event-based loss, then it needs to be shoved down their throats by the most gruesome means possible
  • More reasons to not hang out in Cyrene :disappointed:
  • From all the world emotes and the events posts, plus seeing the city... I'm not sure how you could come to a conclusion other than "near total loss of life".

If Cyrene leadership isn't willing to push that agenda, then yeah, probably time for an admin to step in via a powerful city denizen.

Maybe animate Blu and have Blu tell the story of what happened during the occupation. 

• @Cooper kinda what I was getting at but yeah.. animating Blu.. or just having him give a speech over the graves and mention the sheer numbers REPEATEDLY should work. If it doesnt, an aftershock should wipe Cyrene. 

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Mathonwy said:
    I would love to see Cyrene start an ambient population recruitment program to compensate. Like Mhaldorian X logs in to a random area message about how it seems a lot quieter in the West suddenly, and Y room in Targossas is surreptitiously updated to show an uptick in abandoned buildings in the distance.

That's because nobody expects Cyrene to poach your invisible people. Should have looked after them when you had the chance!

Imagine an entire war fought among players over literally just the parts of the game that you don't see.
    Only if I get to sprinkle in invisible undercover Luminai agents among the ordinary invisible poached people. Inside info here I come. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Cities with low MORALE lose invisible city pop.

Btw what's Cyrene's Morale looking like?
  • Adrik said:
    Cities with low MORALE lose invisible city pop.

Btw what's Cyrene's Morale looking like?
    That’s part of the problem... still says busy streets are full of cheer... or something to that effect.
  • @Thaisen

Issue it then, or make a patron request. They'll probably get it dealt with.
  • Free kawhe and lemon bars with every daemonic ritual.  B)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Toss in a freshly tapped barrel of rum, and that has potential
  • edited May 2019
    A Euron Greyjoy/Jamie Lannister type fight @Dynos :D:

You draw your blade back and plunge it deep into the body of Dynos impaling him to the hilt.
    ---- Impale hit Dynos! Disembowel ----
    4179(69%)h, 914 (18%)m (97%e) (94%w) [] cekdb- [ 0 ]p [0|20|0|0|0|0] |XP: 41.6% (262)| 
    (outr 1 irid)
    Dynos looks pale and gaunt as his body shudders on the end of the weapon.

You draw your blade back and plunge it deep into the body of Dynos impaling him to the hilt.

Emiya inhales deeply, then lets out an earth-shaking roar as a jet of white-hot fire shoots from her
    nostrils directly at you.

You have been slain by Emiya.
    +===========================+
    ========== BURSTED ==========
    +===========================+
    A bloodroot leaf falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory. (0.968s) (0s)
    (svof): Your max health decreased by 330h/6% to 5720.

3970(65%)h, 3764 (77%)m (97%e) (94%w) [] e-[bld(113) impat] [ 0 ]p [0|20|0|0|0|0] |XP: 41.4% (262)| 

Eril snaps his massive jaws close around you, flinging you effortlessly into the air before catching
    you with a second powerful bite.
    You have been slain by Eril. (3.331s)

(Party): You say, "Ouch."

Dynos doubles over, vomiting violently.
    Dynos retches violently and makes a strangled noise before falling to the ground, dead.
    You have slain Dynos... Reset Success!

[SLAIN] Dynos
    Your triumph suffuses you with a great rush of experience.
    A group of 3 aurum flakes falls from Dynos's corpse.
    A group of 5 magnesium chips falls from Dynos's corpse.
    A pinch of ground cinnabar falls from Dynos's corpse.
    A stannum flake falls from Dynos's corpse.
    A group of 3 pinches of ground realgar falls from Dynos's corpse.
    A group of 3 potash crystals falls from Dynos's corpse.
    An aurum flake falls from Dynos's corpse.
  • > MORALE
    Small, discontent crowds roam and speak out in the countryside, their numbers growing at an alarming rate.

Ok, it's good that this has been fixed, but I have to wonder, if Cyrene is as depopulated as it seems...where exactly are these growing numbers coming from???

• The countryside.
  • Armali said:
    The countryside.
    :p

• They are building their discontent with folk from the countryside, so they can then become discontented city folk, drawing down the city morale.
  • If you think about it, countryside folk is about all Cyrene has left now...

• The tide blanketed the whole valley, so I expect they're dead, too.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Keorin said:
    The tide blanketed the whole valley, so I expect they're dead, too.
    Dead and, apparently, very pissed off.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • This might express their thoughts on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQa6Z1xFq4E
  • Shub said:
    You have slain a sleek dirangi, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 95.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Order of the Hyperphysical.
    You have received 23 Bound Credits!

that was exhausting!

so close to dragon, yet so, so far
    You can do it. 💖 
  • Lingered in-game far longer than I had planned to on a restful Sunday, but I had fun.  :)

I also posted to a news section for the first time. I want to thank whoever made the process so streamlined. I was worried I'd mess something up, built up this maze of commands to have to deal with in my head, but it proved to be simple and to the point.
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Jinos said:
    Lingered in-game far longer than I had planned to on a restful Sunday, but I had fun.  :) 

I also posted to a news section for the first time. I want to thank whoever made the process so streamlined. I was worried I'd mess something up, built up this maze of commands to have to deal with in my head, but it proved to be simple and to the point.

The editor is so much nicer to deal with than the old way.  It is a simple QoL thing that helps so much.  So many old posts ended with 

*quit
    /quit
    *save

If I had to bitch about it, it would be the lack of support for apostrophes and tabs.  But that is very minor.