GUI showoff thread #3

Comments

• Ah sorry. I avoid key binds on the alt key for that reason.
  • edited May 2018
    Been a while... Finally polished mine up a bit.

<image removed>

Also for no real reason, I made this:
    It only displays inventory contents, but I could easily make it track pretty much anything I want.

• @Pyori OH I love it (especially the borders on your windows :open_mouth:  Do you have anything that tracks your rift?  Maybe you could help me with my background on my gui and some borders on my windows? XD

This is my GUI

• Holy mother of space station UIs.

And yes I do have a rift tracker. Can't do precaching without it! Unless you want it to be spammy as fuck when you run out of something.

• edited May 2018
    frug it, the image is coming up shitty. that alias/KB list would be a decent idea for someone like me who sometimes forgets aliases I just made >.>
  • edited May 2018
    Friendly reminder to doublecheck the GUI screenshots you post to ensure what's going on inside said screenshot is PG-13.
  • Nehmrah said:
    Do you have anything that tracks your rift?
    Rift contents is communicated via GMCP, so writing rift tracking is relatively quick. I think there are a couple of oddities where names are duplicated, even though the descriptions are different; e.g. iron commodity and alchemical iron are both "iron". I use rift tracking primarily for my tradeskill stuff because I have aliases that tell me 1. how many of a given item I can currently make and 2. what commodities I still need to obtain to make a list of items.
  • Pyori said:
    Holy mother of space station UIs.

And yes I do have a rift tracker. Can't do precaching without it! Unless you want it to be spammy as fuck when you run out of something.
    I do my precache for TReX without rift tracking. Just counts. But rift tracking would make it that much better maybe we can collaborate and clean up your spamming?
  • edited June 2018
    Antonius said:
    Nehmrah said:
    Do you have anything that tracks your rift?
    Rift contents is communicated via GMCP, so writing rift tracking is relatively quick. I think there are a couple of oddities where names are duplicated, even though the descriptions are different; e.g. iron commodity and alchemical iron are both "iron". I use rift tracking primarily for my tradeskill stuff because I have aliases that tell me 1. how many of a given item I can currently make and 2. what commodities I still need to obtain to make a list of items.
    Yeah I figured it was something like that. I havn't dug into yet. I've got so many other things on my plate all the time. Kinda have had it on the back burner. I just wanted to track the contents of my rift so I can tell TReX when to mechanically switch to minerals/herbs  if you run out of a type and have it in the other.
  • Minifie said:
    frug it, the image is coming up shitty. that alias/KB list would be a decent idea for someone like me who sometimes forgets aliases I just made >.>
    That list is a free list script Vadi gave out on the forums. I just updated it to swap lists based on class and location. I.E. ship for example
  • Nehmrah said:
    Pyori said:
    Holy mother of space station UIs.

I do my precache for TReX without rift tracking. Just counts. But rift tracking would make it that much better maybe we can collaborate and clean up your spamming?
    Mine doesn't spam. Doing it without rift tracking sounds kinda bad, I like not making unnecessary triggers when I can use GMCP for them.

• Nothing too fancy I think:

gotta love Zulah's UI things
  • I've made a lot of progress with my UI lately but I'm not quite happy with it. I figured out color coding and links for my room console tonight. It is nearly in a state that allows me to target baddies and use my bashing abilities effectively. I need to figure out a better way to sort the info here list + make the text more readable, remake my old queue manager widget, and probably put some controls in to swap curing strategies. It's never done!

• My lovely gui

• I normally avoid GUIs because I end up never looking at them. My prompt was getting cluttered though, so I adapted parts of Dorn's limbcounter (which aesthetically worked the best for me) and got fancy with some extra windows. Also the afflictions displayed were a colour test, not an accurate representation; it's otherwise blank. I play on different monitors with varying sizes, so the extra space is there to account for that.

• Its been a while!

I had a rage induced coding session after the tsol'teth battle of Ashtan, which resulted in this new addition to my GUI:

(Bottom center, bordered yellow)
    That box is a target information box so I can figure out what the hell I'm fighting against and adjust accordingly. I struggled with grabbing the information, I knew it was available because of the discord bot and forum signatures, nobody seemed to know how to get at it so I resorted to reading the code of the discord bot until I learned of the IRE open api. Apparently the popular ndb scripts use this same facility to grab everyone's information. Now I can get at class, level, city, etc at the click of a name in my room console, very handy. Some people are able to hide their city from the api data, I'd like to know how that is done, it does not affect their honours information so its a brief equilibrium cost when I need the city on such a person.

I'm still trying to work out a way to detect elemental lords and dragons, the api info only shows their regular class irrespective of any forms. I'd like to avoid maintaining an ugly pile of ability usage triggers if I can. Honours will show dragons as the race, it will also say elemental lord but not which element.

It also works when I target a denizen but switches to display the gmcp target info, including their hp percentage. I just got that part running only a few minutes ago but it should keep me from blowing by big battlerage attack on things that are nearly dead.

Oh, I also added an XP bar, restyled my gauges and made my chat tabs blink since the last time I posted, still playing around with the gauge styling, it still looks too flat for my liking.

The left portion of the screen will be other balances and cooldowns when I get around to doing it, I might also shrink the map a little and re-write the queue manager that I had going before I went dormant. The rage bar needs further refinement, somehow the nexus client rage buttons continue to update while in blackout but the gmcp based updates I use are not enough. I have some theories that I intend to explore, so much scripting to do, sigh.

• edited May 2019
    @Shub    For the EL and Dragon, just run an honours on them, no? The line with their title has it in there last I knew.  Overlay that.

• honours will get dragons, for lords it just says male|female elemental lord, but not the element

• @Shub

In game you can do HIDEBANNERORGS or SHOWBANNERORGS. Pretty sure that is what impacts the API as well.
  • You could grab some from death sight as  some of the skills of elemental lords have unique kills and it tells you who did it. If you made a script to parse history death sight you could also check it on login as well to capture any you missed while out. Obviously you won't be able to capture everyone but you'll at least know the ones who manage some form of PK with it. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    So I look at all these great and useful things people are doing with GUI, and I find myself wanting to learn to do it as well. Currently I'm using Zulah's Easy GUI which is amazing and has for a while provided me with the very basics needed (main window, map window, chat window). However, if I had sufficient opportunity I would very much like to make something a little more customised towards my playstyle, including sailing.

My biggest obstacle to this is time and opportunity. I get to spend very much time with access to Mudlet unless I'm at home, which I am frequently not. Short of lugging a laptop around with me everywhere, does anyone know if there are any online resources or cloud hosted environments in which one could tinker and set something like this up, even if only to build familiarity and test things?

• You could always get a VM host somewhere and remote into it as you travel, but that is still carrying a device around with the added cost and setup time of hosting.
    You could also do a folder sync to replicate your mudlet profile between computers, handy for those situations where you have the ability to install mudlet.
    You might be able to fit mudlet on a usb drive, I'm not sure, the Qt runtime stuff might be tricky

• More UI progress, after some advice from Farrah and Atalkez in another thread about making toggles to better manage combat abilities, I came up with a new widget on the left side panel of my screen:

Once I'm done fine-tuning it, I'm going to make the combat toggles and the battlerage bar swap out depending the type of target. The buttons so far let me choose which humour to temper and a trample clicker. I'm planning on making the gauge to the left of the toggles an animated countdown for phlogisticate/vitrify. There will likely be many more toggles on that panel before it is done (if we can ever call stuff like this 'done').

I also managed to pipe my evaluate infos to my target console, very handy, I think it needs a little color though.

I'd like to do some sort of partial line alias expander thing without having to make aliases for every permutation of batched attacks. So I can do something like temp;iron;wrack , temp;wrack;para , temp;inun;wrack and make those expand into the appropriate combo attacks. I guess this is what you are supposed to use the mudlet client side separator for, still trying to wrap my head around how to get shorthand batch aliases working.

• Shub said:

I'd like to do some sort of partial line alias expander thing without having to make aliases for every permutation of batched attacks. So I can do something like temp;iron;wrack , temp;wrack;para , temp;inun;wrack and make those expand into the appropriate combo attacks. I guess this is what you are supposed to use the mudlet client side separator for, still trying to wrap my head around how to get shorthand batch aliases working.
    @Shub - are you trying to make something build a command to send out of all of your already made aliases or make a new 'dynamic' alias that can except a few characters (say, 'te dgf' each of dgf represent a different ability) and then build a command to send?
  • I’m trying to use multiple existing aliases in a single line, so they can be mixed and matched as needed

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That part under the room tracker is a pretty nice touch.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Wtf m8
  • Never gonna win if you aren't PRECISE!
  • Archaeon said:
    Wtf m8
    Cloleric
  • Yes, you make your opponent lol enough times then his head explodes, cloleric of course.