How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• Sorry my name sounds better pronounced Ka-dras
  • Key-lee-ah-mee.

A tad cutesy, but felt it right for what I want his current personality to reflect.
  • Gaa-thus
  • I was just thinking, not to defeat the purpose of this post, it's nice to know how to pronounce a character's name, but for IC purposes as long as you spell my name right, you are pronouncing it right. To your screen you could pronouce Kiliami , Wall-E, I won't cry. (Yes sometimes I read, what's on my screen, out loud. My wife laughs.)
  • LyrLyr
    edited January 2013
    /lɪr/
  • jewy

I tried to go by joo (or jew) at first, but I think jewy makes me have more friends
  • Kiliami said:
    I was just thinking, not to defeat the purpose of this post, it's nice to know how to pronounce a character's name, but for IC purposes as long as you spell my name right, you are pronouncing it right. To your screen you could pronouce Kiliami , Wall-E, I won't cry. (Yes sometimes I read, what's on my screen, out loud. My wife laughs.)
    I have a similar feeling for all the typed out accents I've seen over the years, particularly the intricate ones that are supposedly for awesome RP. On my end, the only pronunciation that matters is mine, and that's why I've always felt that typed out accents have always come across out of context for me. I've read up on the histories of the races and cities and already have it worked out in my head how their respective accents sound. So when somebody comes along and starts typing stuff out to try and convey an accent, it loses me fast.
  • Ah-Rah-Dor ("Dor" as in "Door" as in "Close the damn door")

You know how you look at a perfectly simple word, spelt correctly, and the longer you look at it, the more incorrectly spelt and silly it looks. "Door" just did that to me.

• Today, I learned that I've been pronouncing nearly everyone's name wrong. 

The end
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Bo STAY uh

It's a Somalian word meaning 'star.'

I meant to model my character on someone I know IRL; she is Somalian, and was teaching me the language.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Zoo-Koh, pretty straight forward and simple
  • KitarelKitarel Edmonton, Alberta

Kee-tah-relle

A lot of people pronounce my name wrong when I meet them or talk to them on Skype. :)

I usually get Kit-ar-ul

• Apparently my name is also some kind of philippine soup.

my name is now pronounced Su-p
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Ray-HAHN-eh. It's a Persian name adapted from Arabic, and it means 'a flower.'
  • Del-a-dan

• Tie-re-in

• keer-ee-el-uh
  • @Ada did you name your character after Ada Lovelace?

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    @Ada did you name your character after Ada Lovelace?
    I didn't :o I was making a new priestess and figured 'Ada' sounds like one ;;)
    How'd you name @Zeon?!
  • Ada Lovelace? 2/10, character not steampunk enough, see me after class.
  • Iocun said:
    [ɪo:kun]
    Oh thank god, I wondered if this was right.

(fimagench:image)

Thin-chee
    Fin-chi

The best one I heard at a meet once was "Hey you're that thicky guy"

• edited January 2013
    Eye-nuh.

The name is as easy as it is unimpressive.
  • 'aina means land in hawaiian.

when you've watched enough pronunciationmanual on youtube you'll understand how to pronounce my name.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.