Next Big Thing: Engagement!

Comments

• Oh, another question! Can you do as many Adventures as you like per cycle, or is it limited to one?
  • One per theme. So four per cycle currently.

• It'd be cool if you could "upgrade" during a cycle.

That is, suppose you try an easy adventure out and complete it no problem, then you could try a medium/hard later on within the same cycle.

You'd only get the difference in renown, and possibly you'd have to give up the renown you already got.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    the artefact selection is very functional, but a number of us already have those or better arties :/ </firstworldproblems>

Is there any chance of adding more QoL artie options or Crowns?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That's cool as long as you can choose from a selection, since they can't be traded in.

• So now that I got to read everything fully, I'm super happy with the choices being given as rewards. Amazingly useful for anyone, new or old!

Can't wait to see what shenanigans we have to do to get that sweet, sweet renown.

• Can’t stress enough that having lessons there is amazing, and 120 per year means it isn’t TOO brutal to get to 600, but we’ll see!
  • Hi all! Few questions:

Can the lootboxes be traded to other players? I would presume not but should ask!

Will the gold cap definitely net you 30k more if you hunt for it, or can it be hindered by the soft cap?

Thanks in advance!
  • My first adventure is to play a game of Bait the Frog, which I've never even heard of so it definitely qualifies as part of the game I haven't experienced! I do wonder how achievable that is in a three-day period, though, because it has to be started by a God. 

I have always assumed events like that happen on a whim, but can players request them? I guess I'll find out! :lol:
  • I am pretty sure all the arenas have access to Bait the Frog, just ask a culture aide to start one. (Maybe not Targ)
  • You can also pay to initiate events in the Delos arena. Not sure if that's all event types though.
  • Accipiter said:
    I am pretty sure all the arenas have access to Bait the Frog, just ask a culture aide to start one. (Maybe not Targ)
    Oh, okay. I thought the help scroll said it had to be started by a god. Well, I'll start by asking a minister before harassing various denizens!
  • Iloisee said:
    Accipiter said:
    I am pretty sure all the arenas have access to Bait the Frog, just ask a culture aide to start one. (Maybe not Targ)
    Oh, okay. I thought the help scroll said it had to be started by a god. Well, I'll start by asking a minister before harassing various denizens!
    It's entirely possible that the HELP file does say that. I bet that file hasn't been looked at for 15 years.
  • How long is a cycle?

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    How long is a cycle?
    3 months, so 2 months left on this one.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited May 2019
    I love the idea of the giftboxes, but I do wish that either there were more Serpent weapons than just the dirk, or that a different one had been chosen. More Serpents are going to want an artie bow (for group combat) or an artie lash (for hunting and possibly 1v1) than a dirk (which is only used for 1v1 combat).

I already have artie weapons, but I strongly hope this changes in the future for the sake of my younger self and his future analogues. Dirk was for sure my lowest priority, and I still remember how utterly excited I was to get my artie bow.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Don't need to be encouraging more Serpents to just lean on snipe, tbh. Lash wouldn't be a bad addition for those who care about hunting though.
  • Also possible that bow was excluded because it's technically usable by everybody, but there's an additional cost for people who aren't Serpent or Knight. Don't want people picking it then finding out they have to pay more to actually use it.
  • Bow would be tough, because would it or would it not come with the shooting addon? With the shooting addon it comes around to the same price as most of the other artefacts in the box, so I wouldn't see why not, but these are very class-limited items. Basically the bracelets are the only thing every class can use.

Definitely needs lash/whip added to it though.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Yeah, I see your points about bow. Lash, then.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited May 2019
    There are a few arties I'd like to see added to the giftbox. Lash is definitely one of them.

There are a few 400cr options already in the adventurer's box, so I don't know why there aren't more defensive options in there. Level 1 constitution, and Level 1 regen. Both are pretty vital for newbies and work for any class.

The Sorcerer's Notebook is also a really bad artefact for Magi, and there are 400cr alternatives. A rapid_resonation gem, or a Level 1 collar. Hell even a tuning fork is way more useful and half the cost.

But I definitely like the direction they've taken the rewards, lessons and arties accessible outside of pure bashing, even if they are slow to earn, are huge steps in the right direction. Bravo!
  • wtb tiered gift boxes @Ictinus plz
  • Antonius said:
    Tesha said:
    How long is a cycle?
    3 months, so 2 months left on this one.
    No, I confused the terms earlier, but the theme is 3 IG months, and a cycle is 1 year (each of the 4 themes once, in random order). Makarios said we can do one adventure per theme, and 4 per cycle.
  • Following on what Cooper has stated above and is correct that this will take time, earning these gift boxes is a marathon, not a sprint. 

Assuming in each theme (3 days) you can accomplish the hard challenge every time for 30 renown you will need to ace 2000/30= 67 themes (it equals 66.6 but you can’t have two thirds of a round- you’d be short still at 66 rounds). 67 rounds x 3 days each = 201 rl days- a little over 6.5 months- this is assuming you achieve the hard and for every theme cycle. If you can do 67 hard rounds- you are damn good and your reward is an artefact.

-If you’re really trying to get the giftbox as soon as ‘reasonably’ possibly, I would suspect the optimal strategy is to attempt the hard difficulty first and if you can’t complete it in the first day or two of a cycle, switch to medium or easy (depending on how good you are with the current theme) in order to secure 10-20 renown- which I think is better to get than big ol’ zero. 

-Just some rough estimates on the investment and ideas on going for the top tier prize. 

Honestly- I’m looking forward to the system showing off many things I had no idea where in game- just learned about something so simple as a game of RPS. Rewards are the icing on top.

Personally, I’ll probably start saving renown for the box but will likely spend on xp to try and make dragon instead of arties. I really like the wide selection on what to get with renown. Thumbs up on the design.

• edited May 2019
    Lessons for me, papa needs a new class (again)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Having had a little time with this, and I'm not sure if it's just current events, but I wouldn't mind having a bit more time to complete adventures. Rather than ending an adventure when the current theme ends, it could run until the next time that theme commences. This would also fit into people having more time at different points in the week to engage with the content.

I appreciate this being finally released and that we can all play with it and thank you for the continued development of the world we all enjoy.
  • I like the idea, and that it's not an instant gratification. You have time to be considering what would work best for your character over the months that it will take to build up toward something large, or decide that the shorter term items work better for you than the artefact box.

I'm with Mindshell that having a more open time limit would be nice, especially for the hard adventures. Perhaps have it be like a ship trade where there's no time limit, but you can't take another until you finish or reject the one that you currently have?
  • Mroxyl said:

I'm with Mindshell that having a more open time limit would be nice, especially for the hard adventures. Perhaps have it be like a ship trade where there's no time limit, but you can't take another until you finish or reject the one that you currently have?

I prefer Mindshell's suggestion of just extending the time limit, not removing it altogether. I like the idea that there is some pressure to get it done before it times out, but as has been mentioned, that time limit feels very constrained right now for some of the adventures, especially major mob kills that require coordinating a group to go after.

This discussion has been closed.