Where to begin??

So I stopped playing a while ago, a long while ago. 6 months ago I woke up, tried to get back into the game but life got in the way again. Finally things are getting back to steady and after reading the news letters I get in my emails, looks like a lot of interesting things are going on and I decided why not try this again!

Right now Keles is level 69(98%) to 70, and is a sentinel.

+-Skills for Keles------------------------------------------------------------+
| Class Skills                                                                |
|   Metamorphosis                65%  ################---------        Fabled |
|   Woodlore                     19%  ####---------------------       Skilled |
|   Skirmishing                 100%  #########################  Transcendent |
| General Skills                                                              |
|   Vision                       14%  ###----------------------       Skilled |
|   Avoidance                    34%  ########-----------------        Expert |
|   Tattoos                      47%  ###########--------------      Virtuoso |
|   Survival                     86%  #####################----      Mythical |
|   Weaponry                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
|   Riding                      100%  #########################  Transcendent |
|   Attainment                   69%  #################--------        Fabled |
| Mini Skills                                                                 |
|   Constitution                  0%  -------------------------         Inept |
|   Thermology                    0%  -------------------------         Inept |
|   Frost 0% ------------------------- Inept |
|   Antidotes                     0%  -------------------------         Inept |
|   Fitness                     100%  #########################  Transcendent |
|   Galvanism                     0%  -------------------------         Inept |
|   Philosophy                    5%  #------------------------       Capable |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

These are my current skills. My question is, what's a good class to start over with? If I quit class I'll have around 1,506 lessons to use, which is just shy of transing one skill. I know some classes are city specific still like Priest, Paladin, Apostate, Infernal. 

I want to focus on reaching dragon first, so suggestions on good hunting classes? I'll be doing the elite membership next month and I'll probably buy some credits here and there, but I want to focus more on in game acquiring of credits and artifacts.

Also, what's a good city that is active? I want to get back into combat once I get into the flow of the game again. 

Thoughts, suggestions, warnings, all are welcome. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• I know little of hunting, so I'll leave that to others. Regarding cities, most of them are quite active these days, but most are also affected heavily by the current tsol'teth event - especially Cyrene - so wherever you go will be a bit different now than normal.
  • Maccabeus said:
    If you’re planning on focusing on getting dragon, I’d say try getting the earth elemental class. It doesn’t require you to leave your current class (which is costly to do), and its naturally high health make it a great class for grinding to dragon. Keeping sentinel class with your current skills is going to be much stronger in terms of combat than establishing a new class with only 1506 lessons (at least in the short term). The drawback is you’ve either got to join Eleusis or be rogue. (Being an Eleusian myself, I don’t see that as a drawback but some might).

If you end up hating sentinel then switch to something else, but don’t do it hastily. It just costs too damn much. Learn about the classes that sound cool to you, ask members of those classes what they like about it, and (more importantly) what they hate about it, and make an informed decision.
    I've thought about the elemental lords. I love fire and water but fire seems to be the weakest according to posts. I thought it was another class itself and thus would require lessons to learn it's abilities after the quests. Is that not true? Also, from what I have read, it seems like I would need a lot of help completing the quests and Achaeans have always been very hush hush on things like that, unless times have changed?
  • Elementals and dragon get their class skill fully known without needing any lessons.
  • Lenn said:
    Elementals and dragon get their class skill fully known without needing any lessons.
    That's good to know. Thank you very much
  • Keles said:
    Lenn said:
    Elementals and dragon get their class skill fully known without needing any lessons.
    That's good to know. Thank you very much
    Makes them good for combat too. You get all your tools without having to spend thousands of lessons
  • So, just found out IG that you can't get Elemental Lords in a day? Is that true?
  • Yeah, I think it takes most people a week or two (minimum) to do all the quests.
  • Cailin said:
    Yeah, I think it takes most people a week or two (minimum) to do all the quests.
    Dang, I didn’t know it took that long....
  • edited May 2019
    Keles said:
    So, just found out IG that you can't get Elemental Lords in a day? Is that true?
    Depends on your city and which element.

Fire in Cyrene took me a few days to get to the point where I could get to the endstate, doing all the repeatable quests as often as possible.

Water in Mhaldor was closer to a month, same deal.

edit: With 1500ish lessons available, Serpent will probably be your best bet in terms of lessons if you want to bash to Dragon. You don't need Venom or Hypnosis, the bashing is okay (scales out of control with arties), and you can still meaningfully contribute to raids with arrows.

double edit: Stay Sentinel. Elemental lord bashing is tolerable in that "You will be tanky" is tolerable to some people, Dragon's not that much better. You can make Dragon hunting as a BM or SnB knight, play the class -you- want to play, you'll be happier and save money in the long run.
  • Air Lord took me 3 days, but that was with a lot of help.
  • Elisella said:
    Keles said:
    So, just found out IG that you can't get Elemental Lords in a day? Is that true?
    Depends on your city and which element.

Fire in Cyrene took me a few days to get to the point where I could get to the endstate, doing all the repeatable quests as often as possible.

Water in Mhaldor was closer to a month, same deal.

edit: With 1500ish lessons available, Serpent will probably be your best bet in terms of lessons if you want to bash to Dragon. You don't need Venom or Hypnosis, the bashing is okay (scales out of control with arties), and you can still meaningfully contribute to raids with arrows.

double edit: Stay Sentinel. Elemental lord bashing is tolerable in that "You will be tanky" is tolerable to some people, Dragon's not that much better. You can make Dragon hunting as a BM or SnB knight, play the class -you- want to play, you'll be happier and save money in the long run.
    So the classes I have been looking at are Bard, Blademaster, Depthswalker, Monk, Psion, Serpent, and Shaman. I started out being Serpent, and I loved the class, I just got bored with the game and thought changing classes would make a difference.

Any pros and cons to the other classes or key things to know before deciding? Depthswalker looks pretty interesting too.
  • edited May 2019
    Keles said:
    Took me two days for both air/earth. Had some help. If you make it your focus, and have a few friends, shouldn't take you long. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Firelord took me like a month doing the quests every day....
  • I'm honestly debating starting a new toon altogether. Get two of the no brainer lessons and the no brainer credits... would give a new toon a good start... or if I just want to work on fixing Keles… Elemental lords seem like they would be fun. I'm seriously considering going back to Serpent.
  • Accipiter said:
    Firelord took me like a month doing the quests every day....
    If you figured everything out yourself, this is a reasonable completion time.

Most people who get EL just ask others what exactly to do and this cuts the time down significantly.