Adventure Tasks

In the interest of everyone learning what can be expected of adventures going forward, how about we post what level we chose, and what task we received in turn. Also posting those that we hear from for people who don't come to the forums.

I chose Medium, and got "perform a dismember on an adventurer".

Comments

• I chose easy and got 'Win rock-paper-scissors 3 times'
  • Chose Hard, got "Win an arena rampage event."
    Said fuck that, rejected it (costs 15,000 gold) and chose Easy, got "Participate in a party spar."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Chose Easy, "Participate in a jousting match"

• Chose hard, “kill another adventurer outside the arena”.

you can also get “win an FFA too” but not sure what else exists yet!
  • I chose hard, got "Win a rampage event". Re-rolled and got "Kill an adventurer in Annwyn or Underworld" accidently re-rolled and got "Win a duel to the death".

All hard.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited May 2019
    Chose medium, got 'End the life of an adventurer by poisoning them with voyria'. Result:

You incline your head politely.

Herev raises his hand in greeting to you and says "Hi!"

You say with a harsh Western accent, "So. Prophet. How do you feel about
    voyria?"

Herev raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Herev says in a soft, passionate voice, "I feel bad about it. Very bad."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "It's not that bad."

You say with a harsh Western accent, "I need a favour."

Herev trembles slightly as a yellow jaundice begins to creep through his
    now-pale features.

You have emoted: Jiraishin sighs happily.

You watch in horror as blood begins to seep from every pore in Herev's body.

(Targossas): Herev says, "It does not feel wonderful."

With the completion of your adventure, you feel your renown grow to new
    heights! (You gain 0 Renown.)
    You just received message #3444 from Achaea.
    Herev begins to convulse, and as his mouth opens in a silent scream, you hear a
    loud snapping as his back shatters from the sheer force of the spasms.
    You have slain Herev.
    Your triumph suffuses you with a great rush of experience.
    Golden sovereigns spill onto the ground from Herev's corpse.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    (You gain 0 Renown.)

It looks like they know you were cheatin :o

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited May 2019
    Nah, it was a bug. They fixed it already  =)

Anyways it wasn't cheating. There's more than one way to skin a cat. And sometimes that way is to promise it political favors in exchange for stabbing it with poison.

...I should never own a cat.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I picked hard and got kill an adventure in Tirfo Thuinn.

• Picked easy, got "participate in a game of Bait the Frog".
  • Iloisee said:
    Picked easy, got "participate in a game of Bait the Frog".
    @Rom Iloisee calling you out.
  • Picked hard, had to complete a bounty. Finished it thanks to Astarod dueling me for it

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I chose medium and got defile a shrine, which I can't do since I'm not in an order. Rejected for 10k, chose easy and got spar an adventure in the arena. Minute I entered the arena with Ellryn it marked it complete.
  • You can defile shrines while not in an order, you'll just need to get someone in an order to desecrate it for you. 

Or did the adventure say "destroy" a shrine? If so, that looks like an oversight and you should bug it. 

• Cooper said:
    You can defile shrines while not in an order, you'll just need to get someone in an order to desecrate it for you. 

Or did the adventure say "destroy" a shrine? If so, that looks like an oversight and you should bug it. 
    @Cooper It said defile. I asked on HNT about how to do it, Aegoth said I had to be in an order and that rejecting would be a wise choice.
  • Aegoth is wrong. You do not need to be in an order to defile. 

• Technically you do if you want to get rid of the consecration. Also can't destroy the shrine either, which is what I assume the "defile a shrine" task is anyway
  • Aegoth said:
    Technically you do if you want to get rid of the consecration. Also can't destroy the shrine either, which is what I assume the "defile a shrine" task is anyway
    Please read the previous response where I said he'll need an order member to help get rid of consecration.

Defile doesn't mean destroy. And I already responded with what he should do if they actually did mean destroy.

Thanks.

• I got the same task and was able to complete it pretty much instantly, I just had someone in an order desecrate. You don't need to destroy the shrine for it.

• Issam said:
    I got the same task and was able to complete it pretty much instantly, I just had someone in an order desecrate. You don't need to destroy the shrine for it.
    I wonder if that means there is probably a task for destroying a shrine if you select hard. And now I know for future reference, find someone that can desecrate. So hey, still a good learning experience.
    The new one is seafaring!

A medium challenge is: Voyage to Zanzibaar and disembark safely.

• edited May 2019
    Hard: Phileo, the Combat Association Registrar tells you, "Your challenge for the seafaring theme is as
    follows. Triumph over a seamonster of the leviathan variety. Good luck!"

so I dumped that and got sail to Tenwat
  • I chose easy, and got nothing. :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Chose medium, got salvaging a ship. Unfortunately, much like the bribing thing of the previous theme, that requires deckhand, and you best believe I am not sailing north for deckhand.

So rejected it, and the next medium was just a blank. Bugged it. 

I keep breaking things, whoops.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Hard, had to go to Eirenwaar.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I chose easy out of curiosity, and it said to dig up a deep sea treasure.

I don't even know what that is.
  • I think you need deepseadiving to do that one. You go down in the bell and dig a bit till you find a chest, then to open it you twist/turn/push/pull it.
  • That sounds terrifying.
  • Accipiter said:
    I think you need deepseadiving to do that one. You go down in the bell and dig a bit till you find a chest, then to open it you twist/turn/push/pull it.
    Then you bop it.

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    Hard
    Sink a ship, rejected it

Hard
    Defeat a leviathan

why can't I just get one to sail to Eirenwaar? Ugh