If you could change one thing about a class... what would it be?

12346»

Comments

• Austere said:
    Proficy said:

I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    Mizik killed me because I didn’t know that blackout threw off limb counts :(
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Change only one thing about Druid:

Alter reclamation negative affects to only act upon personal enemies and positive affects to only act upon personal allies. That way, it would have utility in group combat.

I completely understand why this isn't the case though:

A reclamation network can literally be the entire continent. Checking effects in each room, for one player's enemies and allies would require a ridiculous amount of processing speed, in order to make it fast enough for a game like this. So yea ... the technical side of this makes it a little impractical to do.
  • I have absolutely no range as a blademaster. I would argue that this is probably intentional, but it does mean I am doing a lot of crochet and cross-stitch waiting for the melee that doesn't always come. 
  • edited April 2019
    For the low, low price of only 300 (350? idr) credits, you can buy range!

• $$$yey$$$
  • Just don't expect to hit anything ever.
  • Vinzent said:
    Just don't expect to hit anything ever.
    Quietly sabotaging Blademaster-owned bows is Serpent revenge for hamstring. You disable our strings, we disable yours.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited April 2019
    Fire and/or lightwind

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • If bards' harmonics were always in the room with the bard, I'd actually enjoy the class. I don't like that it feels like a rip-off of vibes and it's not a song playing from the bard so much as from the room. 

I know there are many reasons this won't be the case, but if I could change one thing, that'd be it. (and then I'd switch to bard)

• Korrok said:
    If bards' harmonics were always in the room with the bard, I'd actually enjoy the class. I don't like that it feels like a rip-off of vibes and it's not a song playing from the bard so much as from the room. 

I know there are many reasons this won't be the case, but if I could change one thing, that'd be it. (and then I'd switch to bard)
    Idea: replace harmonics with magically animated instruments that follow you like pets and play the songs for you.
  • Penwize said:
    Korrok said:
    If bards' harmonics were always in the room with the bard, I'd actually enjoy the class. I don't like that it feels like a rip-off of vibes and it's not a song playing from the bard so much as from the room. 

Idea: replace harmonics with magically animated instruments that follow you like pets and play the songs for you.
    Actually, that would be really cool.. Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

• BabelBabel Oblivion
    I could certainly see an artefact like that elevating the blood pressure of a few people to dangerous excess.

• Korrok's soul has been slain by the aggravating persistence of a tiny violin. 

• Actual log:

• For runewardens, the ability to put down runes in a water room.  Perhaps the magic that animates it would make the rune stable in the water and not disperse, with a reduced length of time because some of the power of the rune is now being used to keep it coherent.
  • This exists! Though it's gated by an artefact.

A wax stick encased in mithril:          300 credits - water_sketch
       - Allows runes to be sketched in watery environments.

• It exists and costs 300 credits.
  • ah, nice, thank you. I may have to invest :)