Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

edited April 2019 in North of Thera
To collaborate all the events, musings, theories, shouts, changes, and so forth occurring in the third black wave, i've made this thread.

What has happened so far:

- Fragments around the world turned out to be from the boundary stones keeping the Tsol'teth back.
- Barrier broken, Tsol'teth back.
- All cities now have a shield around them to keep the black tide back.
- Tsol'teth crusaded and sucked up the essence from all god shrines...except Twilight and Deucalion (suspiiiicious).
- An unknown ally apparently assisted the Tsol'teth.

As for the event, i've so far loved it. Excited to see where this goes.

I'll post future shouts, happenings and discussions as needed later.

Comments

• Some logs of the world emotes would be very appreciated, I failed to capture them at the time. I'd like to re-read the earthquakes, fragment appearances, and nishnatoba action in particular. Especially the part where the planes were split open at the start of the battle

• I have some that were sent to me, I'll see if I can grab them to toss them here.
  • edited April 2019

A faint tremor rumbles through the earth beneath your feet.

A collapsing mountainside becomes the doom of a merchant train, burying them forever beneath an avalanche of stone and snow.

With a roar the ground bucks and heaves beneath you in a third earthquake, all balance lost in a sickening cascade of cracking sounds as concussive force causes the earth itself to ripple, its surface tension sundered.

A hissing noise echoes in your ears, a strange tugging upon your soul as a flicker of violet light burns across your vision, accompanied by bizarre fragments of jagged stone.

• I'm a huge fan of sharing IC event info OOCly like this, especially when the event is still ongoing and not everyone has the same info.

(Please don't ruin event stuff by posting it on the forums, or at least wait until after it is over)

• edited April 2019
    Cooper said:
    I'm a huge fan of sharing IC event info OOCly like this, especially when the event is still ongoing and not everyone has the same info.

(Please don't ruin event stuff by posting it on the forums, or at least wait until after it is over)

...er it's the sharing of world-wide messages and a discussion of the event itself.

...No one is grabbing sensitive information or spoilers to flaunt here. It's merely a discussion.

Many threads in the past, both here and in other IRE forums, do this. It...isnt what you're trying to project as some major issue...
  • edited April 2019
    There is a whole giant thread for RP logs, I didn't think asking for copies of the things we had all seen would be a big deal. I'm sorry I wont do it again.

• Shub said:
    There is a whole giant thread for RP logs, I didn't think asking for copies of the things we had all seen would be a big deal. I'm sorry I wont do it again.
    No rule against this, I just think it is much more fun to find this stuff out in the game instead of on the forums, and would encourage others to avoid this! 

• Cooper said:
    Shub said:
    No rule against this, I just think it is much more fun to find this stuff out in the game instead of on the forums, and would encourage others to avoid this! 

No one is saying to somehow stop RPing. This is merely to showcase excitement and discussion about the on-going game event. As stated, this is done very often. I understand you have a personal issue with mentions but...that doesnt really mean this aggressive stance should be taken.

I know many in Achaea that wished they saw the messages or shouts and feel they are being left out of some of the flavor of the event.

Since this seems to have upset you so much, i'll simply add a spoiler mention to the title, so that those that would not want to know, would at least be warned I guess.
  • I'm also looking forward to End Game. Don't ruin it with those spoilers! 

Event news is so slow, wordy, and embellished and I'd like to stay informed so I know how to fight Thanos when I log in. 

• edited April 2019
    Attempted to use a ritual to destroy a shrine. painful results.

Thank you for entertaining me up there! XD

• Only thing I would really add is that this is the fourth Black Wave, not the third. 

• Ailea said:
    Only thing I would really add is that this is the fourth Black Wave, not the third. 
    It's very debatable.

Technically this is considered the third official black wave. The release of the monstrosities after the fall of Seleucar was more of just a side-effect of the cataclysm that took place, and less of an actual invasion.
  • "(The Coalition of Sapience): The clan channel crackles and sputters, before 
    abruptly dropping into silence."

I thought that was a really nice touch

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I have to go to work. I want logs of this you hear me!? D: Like word for word logs

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Shub said:
    "(The Coalition of Sapience): The clan channel crackles and sputters, before 
    abruptly dropping into silence."

I thought that was a really nice touch
    I see you and give you this:

(Cyrene): The city channel crackles and sputters, before abruptly dropping into silence.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Lmao

Also, y'all tsol'teth bitches better be paying for what you take. I don't want to come back and find you dining and dashing. :angry:

• As your power reaches its peak, you will the end of Kaama'lier to come to pass.
    A spiderweb of cracks begins to race across the form of Kaama'lier. As he opens his mouth, grey
    light pours forth along with a unearthly keening shriek. The cracks widen, the ineffable glow 
    building until in a single brilliant flash Kaama'lier is eradicated from existence.
    You have slain Kaama'lier.

As your power reaches its peak, you will the end of An'maal to come to pass.
    A spiderweb of cracks begins to race across the form of An'maal. As he opens his mouth, grey light
    pours forth along with a unearthly keening shriek. The cracks widen, the ineffable glow building 
    until in a single brilliant flash An'maal is eradicated from existence.
    You have slain An'maal.

CHEATED SO HARD
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/gN0Gyf7u

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Now you're going to make their next processing list

• Preternatural conviction overcomes Gattan'bahar as she silently petitions The Genesis for destruction of a shrine of Phaestus.
    Coalescing from nowhere, miniature waves of the Black Tide emerge to engulf a shrine of Phaestus, washing it from existence.

A cold celebration of intelligence and persistence, this shrine to the meld stands impeccably
    symmetrical. The strange, glassy obelisk of stone near reverberates with an exudation of power and 
    yet casts no shadow upon its surrounds.
    It weighs about 375 pounds.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Atalkez said:
    Shub said:
    Now you're going to make their next processing list
    I was on the first list.

I second the rant about people being stupid about it. Gavriil and that guy that shoted about plot armor, imo, should be severely punished. Being an idiot is one thing, but forcing others to listen to your idiocy at a time that ICly should be terrifying, just sucks.

edit: I’m not even an RP stickler and that stuff pissed me off
    It's true, he hates RP. He killed me when I was Dauntless, and when asked why he said 'Dauntless bb'. I lol'd and rolled with it, though! @Atalkez thanks for the official welcome to the Dauntless!
  • Tesha said:
    Those shouts were really jarring, for sure. The event was a lot of fun - battling the tsol'teth felt super hopeless with their balance-free attacks and their immunity to ret. I am definitely curious about how/why Gattan'bahar wasn't even injured by the Staff considering what it did to Castomira and I hope we get to find out! I'm obviously a little bummed it didn't work as planned, but who knows what's still to come.

I was losing the staff in a bit over a week anyway, so I'm glad I got to end that particular part of Tesha's story in a meaningful way. I just hope something more (positive) comes from it than "oops", lol, Tesha's never going to live this down!
    Story ending:

Two looming figures emerge from the shadows above Targossas, beckoning Gattan'bahar forward.

With a simple nod, Gattan'bahar steps forward, thrusting the Staff of Nicator into the Silverveil.

A violent crackling consumes the silence across Sapience as the Silverveil begins to freeze over.

An ominous silence ensues as the Eusian Falls come to a frigid standstill. 

Rally Point

ql
    You move sluggishly into action.

w
    You move sluggishly into action.
    As you walk onto the slick ice, you slip and fall on your back.

Perma-retardation on Targossas. Payback!  :)
  • That event was such fun.

Sad i didnt get a kill but managed to fend off kaama-lier for over 8 seconds. Good enough for me.

Now I can use this catastrophy to RP some fun in Hashan ^_^