Quick Questions

Comments

• Kind of crazy what you can get away with and not be permanently banned from the game.

• edited April 2019
    Seems 'permanently' has a different meaning these days. Considering he's not the only one to have a 'perma shrubbing' overturned.
    Crazy what you can get away with and not be arrested, tbh.

• I'm more mad that the handful of people who broke the economy of the game were allowed to play again. Imagine if credits were half the price they are now, and if bashing wasn't tuned down several times because the influx of gold into the game was too much. 

• The possibility of getting banned after putting in so much money into the game is kind of terrifying (I've spent a lot). To do something so risky must mean the player is not all that invested. 

I'm afraid of making triggers and googling for quest hints. I'm afraid of asking for puzzle help on the ingame channels, I know for some of them I'm at the point where I have the items and know what needs to be accomplished in the correct room but can't for the life of me guess the correct obtuse phrasing to make the thing happen, its maddening, but no, must not ask anyone, the banhammer is real.

I guess my question is, what are the limits for what one can ask about with respect to room puzzles and npc dialog without getting in trouble? Once Juliet stops answering your questions the game takes a real turn for the frustrating.

• Shub said:
    The possibility of getting banned after putting in so much money into the game is kind of terrifying (I've spent a lot). To do something so risky must mean the player is not all that invested. 

I'm afraid of making triggers and googling for quest hints. I'm afraid of asking for puzzle help on the ingame channels, I know for some of them I'm at the point where I have the items and know what needs to be accomplished in the correct room but can't for the life of me guess the correct obtuse phrasing to make the thing happen, its maddening, but no, must not ask anyone, the banhammer is real.

I guess my question is, what are the limits for what one can ask about with respect to room puzzles and npc dialog without getting in trouble? Once Juliet stops answering your questions the game takes a real turn for the frustrating.
    I'm sure that as long as you RP with a person to solve the quest (if they do it with you and they have done so previously) that the administration will not punish you too harshly. Typically, I'll ask my friend if they've helped so or so, when I hit a roadblock. Then they might reply "I have not helped them," or "Oh, she seems keen on the topic of bread." That's my hint to help me further the quest. 

The reasons I've heard people generally get shrubbed are harassment, playing multiple characters at once (illegally) or having multiple characters you own interact with one another. Then there's automation of hunting, harvesting, questing, fishing, etc. Basically, if you can walk away from your desktop and come back to see your guy still bashing, fishing, questing, etc, then that's a problem. There's plenty of other reasons to get shrubbed- this list isn't the only set of reasons, but I hope it puts in perspective how serious an offense shrubbing requires. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I had forgotten that giving out quest information is actually against the rules, oops.

I really, really doubt the admin are going to enforce that rule in most circumstances. If you're giving someone a list of, "Step 1. Greet Astarod. Step 2. Give him a wedgie. 3. Jump in a circle 4 times", yeah, that will probably get you in trouble.

But answering "Hey, I'm on Yggdrasil in x area and I've tried talking to Jeff, Mike, Jessica, and Margaret but I'm not making progress. Can you point me in the right direction?" is not going to get you banned.

Unless I'm wrong, in which case every single person who is an Elemental Lord, or has access to Dragon Lairs, should be shrubbed. Because there isn't a single person that has completed those that didn't get at least a piece of information from someone.

• @Shub the people me and Cooper are referencing did significantly worse things than that. You dont have much to worry about there.

• Ah.. man.. I remember spelling out just how much gold 500 million is.. and why getting it in 2 days is horrendously stupid.
  • Is Achaea down or is it just me?

• Me too. I hope I didn't die :anguished:
  • Cooper said:
    Is Achaea down or is it just me?
    Not just you. I can't connect either.
  • Cooper said:
    Is Achaea down or is it just me?
    Down for everyone, we're working on it.
  • Tsol'teth sabotage.
  • Farrah said:
    Tsol'teth sabotage.
    This game's events sure are meta  :o
  • yeah, me too.
  • It's now clear we're dealing with the ultimate Tsol'teth, The One who can transcend the borders of Achaea, into the real world.

• Oh damn, that was a hefty time warp.

• Cooper said:
    Oh damn, that was a hefty time warp.
    But my exp :(
  • Hah, yeah. I solo killed Yuthka and then bashed to the gold cap. RIP.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I saw a log somewhere (trying to find it again) where someone's descriptor list for Forging List had their progress next to each descriptor (e.g. Expert 13% or Master 54%), but I'm not seeing this when I do Forging List.

Any idea if this is a feature or a script someone might be running, because it's really useful for tracking progress past Master, and in general.

• Cooper said:
    Oh damn, that was a hefty time warp.

There usually is with these...  I was thinking they warped it back to the Crusade so they wouldn't get pwned by so many instas.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Guess no one knows. I'll figure something out.

• is there a way to make the nexus client display incoming gmcp messages?

• found it, nevermind

• New question!

Sorry.

Does buying credits this month give you bonus globes? Last month the credit buy gave me a bunch of spin tokens. I want credits, but I also really want the stuff in those globes, trying to plan it all out.

• The posts always say whether or not you get the item from purchasing credits. If it doesn't so much as mention it, then you don't get them from purchases.

• I wanted to complete an invasion piece or two, but 50 globes later all I have is 2 bain maal figurines, a tradeskill slot and half a cauldron, the odds were not good to me. So I spent the rest of my allotment on credits and bought a bow string and armour instead.

thanks for the clarification

• Curious how that works.  If I have 5 trade skills, all the trait reset I need, etc..  foes that mean Im almost guaranteed to get caches?

(Purely rhetorical, I have to move houses, buy a $40,000 bracelet for my wife, and 2 new vehicles to purchase before I buy credits).

• Do you know how many globes a $40,000 bracelet would buy?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Someone needs to look at their planned spending and reassess.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."