What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• This happened, and then I immediately lagged for 30 seconds. Not in picture: Dunn throwing bombs at us as well.

And then was testing a few minutes later, no one had written down that the fragments can poof if you drop them...

• Congrats!!!

• Nicola said:
    I'm super curious what people think of the giftbox/choose the prize you want route we took with the Wheel this month.

In terms of overall prize values it's the same as Wheel normally is, just that you get to choose from the prize range.

Love, don't care, hate?
    I haven't gotten it yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it was an option.

• I like.
  • @Cooper

When Penwize had ~9 fragments, you guys group rained us at CM and we all lagged out entirely. That is weird. I got the same lag you did in the scenario, but had no idea about the rain.

• That is weird!

This also happened tonight, did not see it coming...

• Nicola said:
    I'm super curious what people think of the giftbox/choose the prize you want route we took with the Wheel this month.

In terms of overall prize values it's the same as Wheel normally is, just that you get to choose from the prize range.

Love, don't care, hate?
    Even though I haven’t gotten a giftbox, I love the option.
  • Giftbox is kind of neat! I ended up with one that I have no use for anything in it, but now I have a stiletto, and worst case scenario it's something I can trade in for later.

• A fun little romp in the halls of Valho coast with @Iloisee and @Thule by complete random chance when I was just up to beat up a few cultists. Fun for a whole heap of reasons.
  • Dunn said:
    Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord shouts, "You are even more witlessly incapable of learning than before, you insipid little fools. When you said three was a crowd, I did not realise you meant your brain cells."

I appreciate him too.
    Hitting him then burrowing beneath his feet repeatedly is enough to confound him, but luring him into a trap and locking him insude is somehow a big no no :p. Was going on the mentality to think outside the box which seems pretty supported upstairs, but sadly some things arent I guess :/

• Someone give the man a shovel.
  • Armali said:
    Someone give the man a shovel.
    Well, now I know what to write for a bardic competition: Zsarachnor shopping in Delos.
  • Nicola said:

Love, don't care, hate?
    Just here.

The giftbox being chooseable is great.  It's a lot better than "Oops lvl 3 dex boots" which 90% of ppl will just trade in bcz dex is used by 1, maybe 3 classes. 
  • I hit level 89 today, it felt easier than the grind up to level 88 because the wheel gave me a couple exp gains. I need to remember to spin it more often. I can't get to meropis or islands yet, so it is mostly moghedu and dun. I'm never gonna get the smell of mhun blood out of these robes.

I bought a few prismatic spins and got 2 bronze and 1 silver giftbox. I took a keyring, trait reset page, and twitching eye gem. I liked not getting repeats of things I already had, so many excess pipes, sigh.

• Nicola said:

Love, don't care, hate?
    I love it!!! You should make them happen more frequently  ;):p
  • Nicola said:

Love, don't care, hate?
    While I don't really like gambling promos in general, the giftboxes are a very positive move for them.  You get agency in selecting exactly what you want to win, but still gamble on the quality of selections you're offered.  I would actually like to see more of the wheel options were put into giftboxes honestly, since I assume people would love to have the choice between say, a figurine, an xp orb, a cache, or one of the other similarly-valued promo consumables, rather than just randomly getting one of those.
  • Could easily do it with a page for the tome of Muses and blood-stained shards, since they're so similar.
  • @Nicola
    It was a great idea especially for those who had any complaint about getting duplicate items.
    With the vast variety and selection of items from the wheel, this keeps that randomness in effect but gives us a bit more control as well.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Athelas had his 500th birthday party.

I honestly did not expect it, and those in attendance made it quite a bit of fun.

Thank you @Marlo for organizing it and having it happen in the Tree Shrine of all places. So amazingly fitting to have it in the old Druid Guild home, where so much of his story began.

@Oceana, thank you for taking over when @Marlo had to run.

To everyone else in attendance, you are awesome. Thank you for being there :)

On a more technical RP note:

Upon his return, and due to his back story. Athelas was, at best, going to be played as a character with severe PTSD, the most likely scenario was that he'd simply go completely insane and move to Meropis to eke out life as an obscure hermit.

Those of you who've been interacting with him regularly, would have seen that, and have taken note of the incremental changes in his personality. Seeing him grow from finding even a simple hug excruciatingly painful, to where he is acting more and more like the person he used to be in his younger days.

The sheer amount of love and kindness he has been receiving, has violently steered him away from what many would have considered a dark path.

As a character, he'll most likely never be 100%, there's just to much emotional damage. But his fellow villagers are seeing him through and quite possibly taking him to a place where he'll be just fine.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There are definitely fewer players around now, but the quality of RP has increased by orders of magnitude. Thank you all for taking part, it's genuinely awesome. :)
  • The most amazing comment I've seen for a while. Well done and good luck champ.
  • Kyrra said:
    Such an exciting day! Finished my first foray with Penwize after a few failed attempts while figuring things out. I'd never wanted to bother with them before and it was incredibly fun.

I met Eros while exploring around Nur and had a very cool discussion, which I am thankful Penwize interrupted when he did. A girl can get in trouble with Desire!

This is probably the highlight of my day though:

Tears flow freely from your eyes as Vastar appoints you to a Harbinger of Storms.

Vastar, the Skylord has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you.
    It will last for approximately 5 Achaean months.

I jumped from OR6 to OR8 and got the conclusion to an incredible task that I was appointed. I've never been a rank this high before, so I'm feeling really happy.
    Congrats! Penwize charges me 5 credits per hour and klendathu is scarred for life after the last one we went on together. ;-;
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."

• Streaks of dark grey and white shift within a cloudy cyclone, the whirling form
    of this tiny dervish agitated by the powerful currents within. Humanoid arms 
    with fully formed hands protrude from the sides of the miniature storm, and two
    pinpricks of bluish-white light stare out from the centre of its uppermost 
    rings, just a foot from its base. Lightning courses soundlessly through its 
    form as small showers of dust and dirt are kicked outwards where the raging 
    figure of the elemental meets the ground underfoot.
    A miniature air elemental looks relatively helpless.
    It has 100% health remaining.
    It is loyal to Jiraishin.

Omigosh.

Also yesterday I performed the first ever ritual I've written since I started playing Achaea in 2009/2010.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:

Streaks of dark grey and white shift within a cloudy cyclone, the whirling form

Omigosh.

Also yesterday I performed the first ever ritual I've written since I started playing Achaea in 2009/2010.
    I'll duel yours w/mine
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:

Omigosh.

I'll duel yours w/mine
    My elemental can beat up your elemental.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:

Omigosh.

I'll duel yours w/mine
    My elemental can beat up your elemental.
    500 gold on mine.