OOC Raves

Comments

• How the hell do you not notice you're not using tree for two to four weeks?
  • Antonius said:
    How the hell do you not notice you're not using tree for two to four weeks?
    In Atalkez's case? It's because he didn't log in that whole time.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • No this was actually when I was playing every day. Just never noticed until well after

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited April 2019
    Nvm.      

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    May have just convinced a buddy of mine to try Achaea.

-insert evil laugh here-

• We all know why people can go 2-4 weeks without noticing they aren't using tree nowadays
  • It usually takes me a couple minutes to notice. Not hard when you're used to seeing eat/touch and then the latter stops happening.
  • Jovolo said:
    We all know why people can go 2-4 weeks without noticing they aren't using tree nowadays
    Barking up the wrong tree on this one

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Naa     
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    How awesome is it that Athelas is hitting 500 years old today, and I'm hitting 43 just a few days later.
    Would have been seriously cool if it was on the same day, but the coincidences have to really stack up for just this much to happen already :)
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Avengers End Game, so good
  • Achilles said:
    Avengers End Game, so good
    da best. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Attack on Titan starts up again this Sunday, the episodes air on the same days as Game of Thrones (except 13 hours before).
    Hype.

• The text-to-talk app has an Obama voice. I'm so thrilled making it say really awful things about a certain person.
  • Tahquil said:
    The text-to-talk app has an Obama voice. I'm so thrilled making it say really awful things about a certain person.
    Like Rahm Emanuel?

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Rave like mad when you get to the end of the month and do your budget for the next month, only to realize that your addiction to Achaea has actually SAVED you money.

Yup, it's amazing how much money you save when you elect to rather play Achaea than go hang out at the nearest Kareoke joint.

Another two RL months of this and I'll actually be able to dump some cold hard cash on credits. :)
  • Started imaging the last drive I plan to image for this gigantic case (of course it is an 8TB one and will take 120 hours). Our SOP is to hit 250 images or videos so the lawyers can wittle it down and it is still over 50..  there was nothing on the first 6TB (100 items). Ironically, hoping I find items so I can be done with this a don't need to do the other 2 devices I have left out of 190).

Then last night at 23:56 I finished my last homework that was due at midnight.

One click on Monday and I will end up w 2 days of imaging left.  Buys me just enough time to study for my Tuesday final while also getting paid to be at work.

That means I have a weekend free.  Bad news, time to catch up on all the chores I've put off all semester.  Then on 5/13 I start my 3 class Summer session push to my third degree.  Woohoo.

• The Tire Drive I posted pics of in the Players pics section collected 803 tires and 248 pounds of Rx drugs in 4 hours. This almost doubled our number of tires from last year. I'm so proud of my team. 
  • Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited May 2019
    SHUT IT!!! LALALALLALALALALALA

• Do people think this season has actually been good? It's lost all the depth that made the first few seasons so impressive
  • I think it's good.  It does feel a bit rushed though, as if they went "oh shit we only have one season to tie up all the loose ends"
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I haven't been a huge fan of this season overall. Considering we've now had four out of the six episodes, not all that much has actually happened. The pacing has been pretty awful, but the previous season also seemed to have the same problem.

The earlier seasons had a lot of storylines, with characters spread out all over the place doing different things, so there was a lot of different places you could go to (and sometimes you might not see characters you cared about for an entire episode). The last couple of seasons have - not unexpectedly, given that we're coming to the end of the show - brought everybody into much closer proximity, which means there's very little for you to show while characters are travelling, and instead you just get these time jumps that feel like they're just teleporting instead.

I'll be happy when it's over, to be honest, because that will halt the rather steady decline in quality.
  • Have been very underwhelmed by this season. Arya scene was great, everything else has been too rushed and lazy writing. 

• Atalkez said:
    Have been very underwhelmed by this season. Arya scene was great, everything else has been too rushed and lazy writing. 
    I'm going to choose to believe you mean the Arya scene where she finally gets it on with Gendry. You perv.
  • You know me @Antonius

• The timeline of the show was always weird and jarring but in the earlier seasons with a million things going on it was easy to forget about it. With only 2 places to be this season it is so confusing when one cut is 10minutes later and the next is weeks with pretty much no explanation. I hope the payoff is decent.
  • Spurs just reached a Champions league final in the most amazing 45 minutes I've seen since the Man City game. I'm still dazed. 2-0 down at half time, we win 3-2 with a 90 +6 minute goal

Stunning. Just.. Stunning. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Spurs just reached a Champions league final in the most amazing 45 minutes I've seen since the Man City game. I'm still dazed. 2-0 down at half time, we win 3-2 with a 90 +6 minute goal

Stunning. Just.. Stunning. 
    I just got back from my son's State Cup game in the Premiere League (U18). Abysmal. He and 2 others showed up to play and worked their asses off.  You would have thought our keeper had a side bet going against the team, and offense and mids had 1 person each trying to do anything.  This is a team that came close to going to Nationals 2 years back. Just utter shit.