If you could change one thing about a class... what would it be?

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Vender said:
    You can also freeze ground, get tumbleweed
    I'm fully in agreement that Bard doesn't need something like gravehands and what not, but... This wouldn't really be a good 'solution' if a class did need room hinder.
    "For only 1000 credits- on top of the already obscene amount of credits you spent- you can have room 'hinder' that also hits you!" Also tumbleweed only works on entry, not exit. Frozen ground can also be spammed out of, ghands etc can't.

• @Taryius I want Air Lord to be immune to limb damage and prone effects. You can't prone a storm!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Pyori said:
    Vender said:
    You can also freeze ground, get tumbleweed
    I'm fully in agreement that Bard doesn't need something like gravehands and what not, but... This wouldn't really be a good 'solution' if a class did need room hinder.
    "For only 1000 credits- on top of the already obscene amount of credits you spent- you can have room 'hinder' that also hits you!" Also tumbleweed only works on entry, not exit. Frozen ground can also be spammed out of, ghands etc can't.
    I never got one myself but I know Dunn also likes to use the frost bracelets for deepfreezing after locking to go with confusion so there is value there as well.
    spread positivity
  • I would like priest and paladins to have a hammer that when swung hammers the enemy with the fist of the Divine.  Essentially making it so we can zap baddies!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    I would like priest and paladins to have a hammer that when swung hammers the enemy with the fist of the Divine.  Essentially making it so we can zap baddies!

But where would all the fun be then? :(
  • Farrah said:
    Torinn said:
    I would like priest and paladins to have a hammer that when swung hammers the enemy with the fist of the Divine.  Essentially making it so we can zap baddies!

But where would all the fun be then? :(
    I think he made it pretty clear, in the smite people with the fist of the Gods part.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited March 2019
    I would like to be able to hear tells.

From adjacent rooms.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:

From adjacent rooms.
    10 credits per month for a subscription to asty's tells.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:

From adjacent rooms.
    10 credits per month for a subscription to asty's tells.
    Correction: I would like to be able to hear tells to and from people who matter.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Get rid of the variable limb damage, just make it the same regardless of health and tied to the level of weapon (ie 8 for level 3, 10 for level 2, 12 for level 1, 14 for forged).  SnB prep already takes the longest, they mostly can't use rebounding or risk messing up their count, calculating how many hits to break can be tricky.  
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    no more 19 hits for 9k hp please
  • Split subterfuge into 2 skills so you don't feel so bad investing into venom for 3 usable abilities
  • Accipiter said:
    Split subterfuge into 2 skills so you don't feel so bad investing into venom for 3 usable abilities
    Better than that, split a big chunk of subterfuge into a tradeskill.  So much of it could be awesome as a generally available tradeskill.  Pickpocket, eavesdrop, shadow, await, appraise.  Flesh it out a little and you'd have something really interesting that other classes could make use of for better stealthy stuff without combat implications.
  • My competency to play it.

• wtf don't like it you're supposed to object and point out my prolific PK Career of Lyn that one time about eight CTF's ago and that duel with Cain where he told me to go home after a full minute of him doing absolutely nothing so I did.

• Penwize said:
    Accipiter said:
    Split subterfuge into 2 skills so you don't feel so bad investing into venom for 3 usable abilities
    Better than that, split a big chunk of subterfuge into a tradeskill.  So much of it could be awesome as a generally available tradeskill.  Pickpocket, eavesdrop, shadow, await, appraise.  Flesh it out a little and you'd have something really interesting that other classes could make use of for better stealthy stuff without combat implications.
    That'd pretty much neuter a lot of what makes Serpent interesting.

• Alternatively, it might force the admins to give serpents something interesting to stand out on its own merits as an unusual snake-like class, whereas now it's both an unusual snake-like class as well as the only true sneaky thief class.
    I am not fighting in an Achaea where all of Mhaldor has access to snipe. 
  • No, no, he's talking about a Thievery skill for pick pocketing, spying, and stealth.

The Archery skill is later, along with the Evade skill which requires you to have capped trade skill costs to unlock.
  • They already almost all do anyway. It's called breathstream. :(

• Alternatively, it might force the admins to give serpents something interesting to stand out on its own merits as an unusual snake-like class, whereas now it's both an unusual snake-like class as well as the only true sneaky thief class.
    This sounds more like an argument for a new class than for a tradeskill.

Really though, Serpents are basically Achaean rogues with fangs and reality-warping snake-rogue magic. Those -are- their own merits, by which they stand out. 

• Finchy said:
    wtf don't like it you're supposed to object and point out my prolific PK Career of Lyn that one time about eight CTF's ago and that duel with Cain where he told me to go home after a full minute of him doing absolutely nothing so I did.
    I liked it because that is how I feel right now. Every time I start getting into the class, work pulls me away so i still am teh suxxor

• From a PvP perspective, I'd personally like way fewer classes. I just can't keep up with all the crazy ways they can collectively kill me.

Nothing's quite as removed from fun as dying in 30 seconds and having no clue how or why it happened. The explanation rarely makes intuitive sense either, "If you have these afflictions, you die." Wait, what?
    Lenn said:
    "If you have these afflictions, you die." Wait, what?
    I'm not actually sure if they can make it any easier than this. 
  • That's more an argument to slow the whole game down but keep the same relative speeds.

Addendum: Fire Lord needs an ability that's basically if a holocaust globe and Vengeance had a kid.
  • By intuitive sense, I mean self-evident.

For example, why does SHADOW DICTATE only work when they're low on mana? Why does each Depthswalker-only affliction make it easier to kill them? Why 40% and +5% for each?

It might make sense to some sort of game balance, but nothing there is intuitive, and the only way you'd know is from the AB file or someone telling you.

I'd like if combat were slowed down by about 2x or 3x though, since I don't rely on triggers.
  • edited March 2019
    I'd like for them to slow it down so scripting isn't as necessary imho.  Starmourn is pretty good about it for example.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited March 2019
    Achaea in general requires a pretty heavy suspension of disbelief.
    Logically, a lot of things don't make sense. Why does having your arms broken stop you touching your tattoo, but doesn't stop you being able to eat herbs or apply salves? How do twelve dragons fit inside a tiny crawl space? How is a badger that's only been fed burgers its entire life not dead?
    Quite a lot of instakills follow this same line of thinking. Why does vivisect require all four limbs broken, when functionally just being paralysed on the ground would afford the same opportunity to the killer?

• Pyori said:
    How is a badger that's only been fed burgers its entire life not dead?
    That's a beaver you insensitive clod. :(:(
  • Either one works. It's fat and probably has diabetes, as well as impending heart attacks.