What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    It's like old-school dragon bashing - godly stats and class skills

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Klendathu said:
    Kyrra said:
    I am sad that I missed out on the event. I was walking out the door to go to work when it started.
    We were all sad too, Zure and Vastar agreed with Penwize and I. We wanted you there :'(

Today I killed a dreadpilar. It was rough, the dreadpilar killed me three or four times before I worked it out.
    You better throw me a party, I am counting down the days until I am back! 😉
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Jilli Juice diet takes another.
  • Penwize said:
    Having garnered the requisite number of supporters, you become Archon Ascendant of Ashtan!
    A chorus of cheers erupts among the citizenry, who hope that you will lead them into a new age of
    prosperity.
    Reality shudders before you as Entropy itself quickens your blood at the behest of the Lord of
    Oblivion, your blackened veins surging with His highest regard.

It's been quite a day.  <3 everyone for your support and pushing me to do it.

Congrats!
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Babel's favours are the best favours, by far. Congratulations, @Penwize. I'm not sure if I pity you or @Pyori more, haha. 
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Asmodron said:
    Babel said:
    Nothing pleases Me more than successful intrigue.

In all honesty, seeing any life breathed into political conflict is a wonderful thing. I'm of the opinion that stability is a terribly boring thing. Plot, scheme, try, fail, succeed, it's all umpteen times more interesting than being content with things as they've always been.
    I feel like i'd have to disagree with the bolded sentence. In my years, i've seen how very important stability is to an org, and how the lack of it can drive players away as well as just generally cause upset (something we still see now).

Change most definitely does not mean an org should not be stable imo.
    Its half and half in my unhelpful opinion. Will to power if that power isn't doing anything, but players have a direct and distinct responsibility to the organisations they're in to remember the ultimate purpose is the furtherment of its goals, not your personal crusade. In other words, rock the boat but don't tip the boat over and set fire to half the city because you are definitely right and the other person/faction is definitely factually wrong in their opinions

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I mean, stability can be pretty boring at times. But no one wants drama 24/7 either. I think there's definitely a more happy medium, and I think it's that things change a little bit more often than people might like, but not so much that people aren't given a certain amount of time to get some things done. It's the healthy exchange of both that keeps people feeling good about the org, yet also are engaged in helping improve it.

It also means that no one set of leaders can sit around too long. I think no matter how good leaders are (or as is the case at times, aren't), you should only expect to have them for a certain amount of time. That way room can be made for new ideas, new exchanges, and ultimately more growth in the faction itself. I expect this is probably the sort of stability Babel was referring to - leadership stability, the "long term" leaderships we've seen happening a bit too often in Achaea. That sort of stability (aka length) is pretty damn boring.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Indeed. Perhaps a better term for it is that stagnancy and lack of growth is bad, rather than stability.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think calling it stability is fine, because the people who partake in allowing stagnancy call it that. It IS a form of stability, and isn't incorrect in usage. It's just stability that has been clung to as a shield to avoid change.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Cyrene has left the chat
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    You rip into a hammerhead shark with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a hammerhead shark, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 105.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Heir to Ashaxei's Legacy.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • Babel said:
    Nothing pleases Me more than successful intrigue.

In all honesty, seeing any life breathed into political conflict is a wonderful thing. I'm of the opinion that stability is a terribly boring thing. Plot, scheme, try, fail, succeed, it's all umpteen times more interesting than being content with things as they've always been.
    Awesome! Brb, got some Ashtani officials to bribe.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • You unleash a ferocious onslaught on a gelatinous polyp, relentlessly pounding him with a flawless, bronzed scimitar.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a gelatinous polyp, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 95.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Order of the Hyperphysical.
    You have received 23 Bound Credits!
    A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

getting there, slowly but surely...
  • Found a rare item I'd wanted, got paid for a commission so I could actually afford said rare item, made 18+ kills over the course of today (multiple fights, and the god of killsteals was apparently on my side), aaaaand...

You have been promoted to rank 5 in the army of Targossas by Achilles.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Penwize said:
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 150.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 84th step to Divinity.
    It's been a very productive few days, to say the least!

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Amunet said:
    Penwize said:
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 150.

Well....
    You are level 150 (84th step to Divinity) and 0.3% of the way to the next level.
    Health:      20785 /20785     Mana:        12387 /12397
    Endurance:   64150 /64150     Willpower:   51032 /52900

• Penwize said:
    Amunet said:
    Penwize said:

Well....
    You are level 150 (84th step to Divinity) and 0.3% of the way to the next level.
    Health:      20785 /20785     Mana:        12387 /12397
    Endurance:   64150 /64150     Willpower:   51032 /52900

Is that before or after artefacts?