Quick Questions

Comments

• Penwize said:
    Astarod said:
    I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

Thanks for your tim!
    Uhh, can you give me an example of artefact powers you can't use as an elemental lord?
    I was told by.. hrm. Yeah, nvm. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm legitimately confused by this. Am I genuinely missing something here? It bugs me to no end that I can't use the plural version for handling this regeant.

Message 2141

Sent By: Achaea on 19 Mar 2019, 11:10

Your bug report (detail: Third time reporting this in three years: The reagent, shark teeth, only operates in the singular, never in the plural (i.e. you have to do inr 50 shark tooth and cannot do 50 shark teeth). Please fix this for grouping.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved. The following notes were included: This is standard across all groupable items.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/_dwioAc2

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reagents
    [ 2500] buffalo horn [ 451] fish scales [ 3] gold
    flakes
    [ 470] ink bladder [ 1387] lumic moss [ 822] red chitin
    [ 2500] red clay [ 768] shark tooth [ 786] wyrm

One fish scales
    Two fish scales

One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • No gold flakes.
    Klendathu said:
    Reagents
    flakes

One fish scales
    Two fish scales

One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth

Yes, my issue being the plural of tooth isn't tooth. It's teeth...

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Message #216        Sent by Achaea
    2019/3/19/20:59 Your bug report (detail: insulation on defs is: You are coated in an insulating
    unguent.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things 
    are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may 
    be involved.
  • Kresslack said:
    Klendathu said:
    Reagents
    flakes

One fish scales
    Two fish scales

One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth

They're likely just not going to "fix" this because the item name is probably "tooth" (e.g. tooth23553) and the program can parse partial item names but not wholly different words. So it's a group containing a list of the same item (tooth63513, tooth13573, etc.) to the program. Fixing the plurality would require changing the item ID for every object or creating a unique item ID for every group formed. 

Probably. I just still think it's funny to get the message, 'You have no "teeth".'

Archaeon said:
    2019/3/19/20:59 Your bug report (detail: insulation on defs is: You are coated in an insulating
    unguent.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things 
    are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may 
    be involved.
    I've read this several times and I can't find the problem.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kresslack said:
    Klendathu said:
    Reagents
    flakes

One fish scales
    Two fish scales

One shark tooth
    Two shark tooth

And the singular of scales is scale. It's inconsistent, but the names don't change if singular or plural.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Archaeon said:
    be involved.
    I can only assume this is the perceived error. It's not an error.
  • Now, if you were coated in an insulating ungulate, that would be an error. Also hilarious.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • The lesser known tundral rhinocerous, who appears only to lost mountaineers mere seconds before they succumb to the fast falling temperatures of a clear night, is oft dismissed as the phantasmal creation of a mind upon the brink of death.
  • Nicola said:
    The lesser known tundral rhinoceros, who appears only to lost mountaineers mere seconds before they succumb to the fast falling temperatures of a clear night, is oft dismissed as the phantasmal creation of a mind upon the brink of death.
    Oh, so -that's- who makes the mountaineer quivers.

• Does anyone have to full list of what can be contained in the table gmcp.Room.Info.details?
    spread positivity
  • What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
    Tahquil said:

Also I want to use specifically Chantilly lace in my design, but obviously, no IRL location references can be used. What would people recommend as locations for this very delicate, French lacework?
    Maybe Caer Witrin for the lace?

• Tahquil said:
    What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

Could also describe it as 'sheer, embroidered lace' maybe?

• Tahquil said:
    What is the third person line for a sycophantic shoulder cape sucking up delicious life energy?

I'd suggest picking a way to describe the lace rather than trying to call it Chantilly lace. Or having a backup plan to do that in case the first design is rejected. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

Is there an easy way to track what forging descriptors you've mastered, or are making progress on, other than manually going through and tracking?

• Are there any abilities/items/artefacts that grant one the ability to force denizen movement in any way?

• Apostates can, doesn't work on "strong" mobs.

• Some classes can battlerage fear too, but that's also not usable on all mobs.
  • Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

• Tahquil said:
    Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

Prepare to argue before it's approved, if at all.

• Trey said:
    Tahquil said:
    Found other designs with chantilly lace in it. Saved.

Prepare to argue before it's approved, if at all.
    Yeah. Design standards change, and have been drastically tightened recently. They won't delete old designs from old regimes, but will not approve new ones that don't fit the new rules.

• Yeah they keep moving the goal posts...

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited April 2019
    As long as they don't move the goalposts back to 2011-ish and the time I still think of as the Comma Horror, I think we're coming out ahead.

I mean commaing out ahead.

• Jiraishin said:
    As long as they don't move the goalposts back to 2011-ish and the time I still think of as the Comma Horror, I think we're coming out ahead.

Do you, mean the commas, that were, like, everywhere even, where they weren't supposed to, be?

• Cooper said:
    Jiraishin said:

Do you, mean the commas, that were, like, everywhere even, where they weren't supposed to, be?
    I keep meaning to issue myself and get a couple of my preserved designs from that era deleted, sigh.

• How long until Gif Queen Bonko gets unshrubbed?
    Y'know, since Santar's unshrubbed and all.