What class is similar to D&D Sorcerer or Warlock

Hey sorry if this has been asked before, I use to playing D&D a lot. First time trying online rp, however, I enjoy a sorcerer or warlock type class. Just looking through the class list can't seem to find one. Tried out shaman but they don't seem to be what I am looking for. Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• Magi/occultist
  • Combat-wise or RP-wise?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • @Aegoth thanks @Jiraishin both but looking more into RP
  • Elefthus said:
    @Aegoth thanks @Jiraishin both but looking more into RP
    Combat-wise, nothing really comes to mind.

RP-wise, both @Aegoth's suggestions are good. Magi are elemental mages and enchanters; Occultists are chaos mages. Depthswalker is another class to consider: they manipulate time and shadows. Additionally, Apostates are a necromanctic/demon-summoning class that reminds me of more than one Warlock character I've seen, and Psions are a new class that reminds me both of a sorcerer and of a blade-pact warlock flavor-wise (you summon weapons out of thin air, and there's a lot of mental magic),

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Mental magic... modded by str..... 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
  • Aegoth said:
    Mental magic... modded by str..... 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
    Because logic.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    In the context of DnD, Sorcerer is really close to what a Magi is in Achaea, and an Occultist would closely resemble a Warlock in DnD.

I've played few MUDs where those roles weren't always like that, and where Sorcerers were summoners of demons who used dark arts, and Warlocks were essentially evil magi.

In regards to Achaea though, I think Magi and Occultist are about as close as you'll get. It's also worth noting that there was a guild a long time ago called the Warlock's Guild which I believe was exclusively Magi based, as well as the Sorcerer's Guild (which is now the Grand Merchant Collective).