Druid and archery?

I'm new to MUD's, Achaea is my first one. I always liked being an archer in MMOs before, and I'm having a ton of fun so far being a tsol'aa druid, although, being only lvl 12, I have a lot to learn.
Is it silly to consider learning archery in the future, if it's even possible? Will my abilities as a pure druid make it useless?
Thank you for considering my newbie question.

Best Answers

Answers

• It's not possible in the sense that you think.
  • Armali said:
    It's not possible in the sense that you think.
    In what way then? Please enlighten me
  • Laedha said:
    It sounds like what you might have in mind is sort of a Tolkien elf archer, since you picked tsol'aa and a nature orientation. 

In achaea, archery is just not something that's going to be very useful to a druid. If you for sure want to focus on archery, you might consider serpent class. 
    Even as a Serpent, Archery isn't a big part of it. It's only a handful of abilities out of three class skills. You can get away with just shooting a bow from adjacent in group fights most of the time, but that's it. If you want to hunt or do single combat you're not going to be doing much of anything that resembles archery.
  • Antonius said:
    Laedha said:
    It sounds like what you might have in mind is sort of a Tolkien elf archer, since you picked tsol'aa and a nature orientation. 

In achaea, archery is just not something that's going to be very useful to a druid. If you for sure want to focus on archery, you might consider serpent class. 
    Even as a Serpent, Archery isn't a big part of it. It's only a handful of abilities out of three class skills. You can get away with just shooting a bow from adjacent in group fights most of the time, but that's it. If you want to hunt or do single combat you're not going to be doing much of anything that resembles archery.
    Ahem.
    As a Serpent I can tell you I do a LOT of archery.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • He didn't say that. He said the majority of your abilities don't use it... He did leave out the fact you don't use quite a lot of said abilities.
    Aetolia and Imperian both have skills that are pure archery (with a handful of skills that can also be used in-room). They're pretty gimmicky honestly; they're either stupidly strong, or barely usable.