Nexus and Battlerage Triggers

I love the Nexus client and I want to stick with it. I was wondering if there's a method to triggering battlerage abilities when available other than the somewhat dangerous and often ineffective system I'm currently using, which is just to trigger one when it appears in the list of available ones the battlerage prompt sends out. Hoping not to have to use scripts if I can avoid it.

Comments

• I was messing with this a few days ago but speedst trying to figure it out. I think I know what I would do, though. What do you mean about not wanting use scripts -- you want it to be purely triggers? 
  • Preferably all triggers, yes! All it is right now is literally See Moulinet? Moulinet. And See Howlslash? Howlslash. Doesn't always work great.
  • You'll want a second trigger that matches regex for you battlerage prompt with optional capture groups for things coming before and after. I have to see it to write it out so I'll post again when i get home. 
  • edited March 2019
    Hello. In spite of best efforts, I completely forgot about this. 

Trigger text: \[Rage\]: (.*)\. Total: (.*) Now Available: (.*)Ability(.*)
    Matching type: Regular Expression

Change "Ability" to whichever ONE battlerage ability you want to trigger. Make one of these for each ability you want triggered automatically.

Next make a second set of triggers for each ability as follows.

Trigger text: You can use Ability again.
    Matching type: Contains (or Exact match)

Same deal with changing "Ability" -- one trigger per ability.

I tested this and it seems to work consistently.

Edit: You also need to make sure you have the necessary battlerage messages coming in. CONFIG RAGEMSG to see the options, but I turned all three on for this. I think the one for 'any' battlerage ability isn't needed, the other two are.
  • edited March 2019
    Nylili! How're ya. I'd recommend having a trigger that attacks the denizen with your basic hit, while having aliases to dispense your battlerage attacks. Be sure to ensure that you have to manually begin/target denizens because you don't want to become a shrub. 

The way I have mine is this:

aliases:
    + = stand/stand/overwhelm/dragonspark/Basic attack (gut)/consider &tar
    ov = overwhelm
    drsk = dragonspark
    - = queue prepend eqbal +
    2 = clearqueue eqbal

Triggers:
    (attackmessage) PROMPTS queue add eqbal +
    (slainmessage) PROMPTS queue add eqbal +/goldpickup/resets my consider tracker (I like seeing how each balance damage done to denizen plays out)

Now, this may seem like a super automated script to you, but you still have to move rooms, change targets, oftentimes lead people, oftentimes run. Eventually, you'll want something like this if you want to bash longer for dragon. At least IMO. 

Anyways, hope this helps, sorry for the delay!

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."