Making a Limbcounter in Mudlet!

I'm curious to see if anyone has any information to help me get started in making a limbcounter. I would prefer to make it usable for all classes just to turn around and post it here for others to use should they need one, or at least something to get started on as far as that goes. However, since I'm a Bard I am going to start there, if anyone has any advice, information, anyone who is down to be a test subject, or anyone who is willing to lend me their coding expertise while I am working on this would be greatly appreciated.

The information I would like to get for this little project is break points (more specifically about when the limit point changes from say 6 hits to 7) I have a level 1 artifact rapier so information on level 2 and level 3 would also be greatly appreciated. I also wouldn't be against someone giving me forged rapier information either. Though that last bit I can test on my own, so it's not a big deal.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Comments

• This makes me feel kinda useless for even trying to do this :(
  • Galyleo said:
    This makes me feel kinda useless for even trying to do this :(
    Just because something has been done, doesn't mean redoing it is a bad idea.  I got pretty serious about my limb counts three or four years ago, and despite the wide range of available scripts, I still started from scratch and wrote my own.  I enjoyed doing so, learned a lot along the way, and would recommend the experience to anyone that enjoys working with numbers.

If you'd like a copy of mine,  the base for it is in the public Ak files.  I kept most of my data points personal but tried to set it up in such a way that someone could follow what I was doing with it and "make it their own". 
  • Austere said:
    Galyleo said:
    This makes me feel kinda useless for even trying to do this :(
    Just because something has been done, doesn't mean redoing it is a bad idea.  I got pretty serious about my limb counts three or four years ago, and despite the wide range of available scripts, I still started from scratch and wrote my own.  I enjoyed doing so, learned a lot along the way, and would recommend the experience to anyone that enjoys working with numbers.

If you'd like a copy of mine,  the base for it is in the public Ak files.  I kept most of my data points personal but tried to set it up in such a way that someone could follow what I was doing with it and "make it their own". 
    I'm only recently getting back into combat. I spent quite some time over playing Imperian and wrote a few things code wise over there mainly to learn more about how to use Lua and write my own systems in stuff. I know I asked you recently about AK and where the affliction table was. Reason why was because I didn't want to take the time to write my own affliction tracker (Currently I feel like it's way above my skill level with coding). I'm trying to use as little of everyone elses stuff that I can so that I can get better, which is why I want to try and make my own limb counter. Mainly because apparently it's a thing for bards or something of the like? I figured this would be a good start before I go all in and try and make my own affliction tracker... with that said, could you direct me to the location of that information within AK so that I can at least see what I have to start with for information? I think I know where it is, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I start trying to figure out how to code this! Thank you for that by the way!
  • I certainly wasn't trying to deter you from making your own.  There are some out there you can use to set up your own.  

• Oh, that was the first thing that ran through my head when I looked at what the links were for. It was very saddening.
  • Nah I wrote all my own stuff.  I would never try to discourage people from doing it (though it is MUCH quicker and easier if you just use someone else's :D )  

That sad, I tend to pull bits and pieces of other people's stuff to make my own.  Or use theirs to see how it works, what I like and don't, etc.. so when I do make my own horrible version, at least I know where to start.   (And just in case no one gives you the time of day to get hitpoints and stuff, these may/may not have some useful info)

• About the only thing I want to use that someone else made is AK, and that is mainly because affliction tracking just seems too complex for me to code on my own right now. I plan on trying to figure it out eventually though!