Tips

Any tips for bards that are New to the game? 

Comments

• Trans swashbuckling first for accuracy and speed on jab (if help weaponry isn’t outdated of course). Work on voicecraft next, if you plan on safely hunting to dragon grab cantata and aria, then go into harmonics for anthem/hallelujah. Definitely tri trans class skills first though, bards have some amazing tools, support abilities and offensive tricks. 

For pk I’d get to 80 first, if not 100 for all the lessons/bound credits you can get your hands on, after tri trans look towards transing avoidance and then tattoos for those extra slots later down the line.

if you end up with credits and trans out skills, your rapier is your single biggest throughput artie, grab that.  For race, anything is fine, but str races are best, xoran especially for good str and int and con, dex is only very mildly important. Race spec and traits are variable, but I’d spec and trait strength and get to 100, between harmonics and aria you should be well enough tanky, and you’ll find the damage much more useful. 

For your major traits, Nimble, improved physique and health inspector, though you can drop HS for lucky for hunting. Try to have a friendly runewarden keep jera/algiz/berkana on you, keep shield/tree/boar/cloak/moss tattoos, and hunt efficiently, kill more stuff fasterer!
  • There are plenty of tips on the forums, but the best tip is to try and figure out as much as you can in the game - your experience will be much more enjoyable and fulfilling. And by that I mean talk to other players - ask on newbie, join a city & house too!

• Thanks :) this Will help a lot on the way. As a person fairly New to muds it feels a bit overwhelming in the start to sort all the information on help
  • Faustino said:
    Thanks :) this Will help a lot on the way. As a person fairly New to muds it feels a bit overwhelming in the start to sort all the information on help
    Definitely echoing Coops here.

Achaea is a fully immersive role playing experience. Anything and everything that could possibly be found in the game should be. It’s these little interactions that will help you get a feel for the people around you, as well as a means to begin developing your character!
  • Honestly, best advice anyone could ever give you about learning ANY class in Achaea.

Get into the arena, spar people. Doesn't matter if they are the best in their class or your class or not. Just spar. See what works, and what doesn't. If you are fighting someone who knows a lot about combat for your class or theirs then ask them questions, get them to interact with you and learn as much as you can about every class you fight.

Don't get discouraged from losing a lot either, you are still learning how to fight and the mechanics of the game itself. You aren't going to win every fight you enter. The best way to look at it is if you learned something new about your class, or another class then you won something from that fight. You can then move forward with that knowledge and get better.

Keep your head up, and don't get bummed out if you are just awful at first. I promise you, at someone point even the best combatants here sucked as well.
  • Actually, when you lose you're meant to blame arties / them having a more op class / admin bias towards your class being shit. If you lose it's never because you did something wrong.

• Pyori said:
    Actually, when you lose you're meant to blame arties / them having a more op class / admin bias towards your class being shit. If you lose it's never because you did something wrong.
    Oh, my bad. I guess I've been doing this all wrong the entire time :(