OOC Raves

Comments

• Mixed emotions right now.  WV Senate Bill 451 (comprehensive education reform) just died completely in the house.

This means all the stuff that negatively affects the kiddos is out, but it also means the pay raise and health insurance funding source we fought for last year is also out.

The real question now is, "Who won?"

I can say this, though.  Every teacher on strike in West Virginia went out knowing all along that we'd probably lose what we were fighting for last year, but we all know that the kids are way more important than a raise.
  • So there is this tree in my grandmothers back yard that she wants cut down. In the next few days we are hopefully going to be doing that. I've had this desire for a while to start woodworking. I'm not sure why, it just looks like it would be something I would enjoy doing and be interested in doing. So when we cut down this tree I will be making a wooden table out of it. So I'm super stoked about this.
  • Galyleo said:
    So there is this tree in my grandmothers back yard that she wants cut down. In the next few days we are hopefully going to be doing that. I've had this desire for a while to start woodworking. I'm not sure why, it just looks like it would be something I would enjoy doing and be interested in doing. So when we cut down this tree I will be making a wooden table out of it. So I'm super stoked about this.
    Awesome.  I cut trees down every year for firewood.  Keep waiting on a really nice straight one with maybe a knot or some burl to make a table out of for our house in FL.  No joy. Good luck.

• I want to find one with burl and do something with epoxy. As shown below

https://youtu.be/hZT0ZTvRFxI
  • Galyleo said:
    I want to find one with burl and do something with epoxy. As shown below

https://youtu.be/hZT0ZTvRFxI

I used to make knives for a guy (mgmknives.com) and we used a lot of resin based scales for the handles.  Im good w resin stuff.  I want a natural slab table with clearcoat being the most "resin" on it.   

@Tahquil where will you be,  crazy lady? And congrats.  Hope he doesnt turn into a douche and make you import a dropbear

• @Caelan that actually sounds pretty awesome, honestly. I really want to get into using resin/epoxy for make things. Or rather, add to something I've already made. Mostly because some of the things you can do with epoxy is rather interesting. I've seen tables made to look like lava using epoxy, while seeing it also turned into water on dioramas. Ideally, what I would really like to do though, is take a slab of some wood and burn a design into it and use it as the top of a small table and use epoxy to add some color and cover the wood itself. Oh the possibilities!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Tahquil said:
    It’s officially happening. In 16 days I’ll be flying out of dear old Australia to spend the foreseeable future with one hella awesome dude in the USA!!! 10 months of waiting is over!
    I am delighted and terrified for you. You two make sure to drop by sometime when it's not insanely expensive to do so! We'll go shoot fireworks at the beach.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Tahquil said:
    It’s officially happening. In 16 days I’ll be flying out of dear old Australia to spend the foreseeable future with one hella awesome dude in the USA!!! 10 months of waiting is over!
    I am delighted and terrified for you. You two make sure to drop by sometime when it's not insanely expensive to do so! We'll go shoot fireworks at the beach.
    Been there, done that. Holy shit it was sweltering though.

• Ferwerks.....
  • It’s my bus duty week. That means my day starts about an hour early and has about an extra hour tacked on the end.

We've had three two-hour delays this week, and today is a snow day.
  • Happy Birthday to me.

2.5 days to go.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    @Riell what's your job?
  • Archaeon said:
    @Riell what's your job?
    Special ed, K-6
  • Riell said:
    Archaeon said:
    @Riell what's your job?
    Special ed, K-6
    I read that as Special forces, K-9. 

I really need to stop watching TV. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • 12 hours.
  • Tahquil said:
    12 hours.
    Where in the USA are you moving? Also, what an exciting adventure for you!
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Just stay in Alabama/Tenn.
  • Seattle's got a great science fiction museum tho.
    spread positivity
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Antonius said:
    Sekiro is just so. much. fun.
    I have heard so many positive reviews for it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Tahquil said:
    Home base will be the Seattle area. Currently in Huntsville, Alabama before doing a short stint in Chattanooga Tennessee.

Btw, I got here safe and can finally get my cuddle on.
    When you get to Washington, drive east about four hours to Spokane some weekend. I'll buy you a drink.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Amunet said:
    Tahquil said:
    Home base will be the Seattle area. Currently in Huntsville, Alabama before doing a short stint in Chattanooga Tennessee.

Btw, I got here safe and can finally get my cuddle on.
    When you get to Washington, drive east about four hours to Spokane some weekend. I'll buy you a drink.
    I'm moving up to the Seattle area! It's kind of cool to know that there will be people in the area that play Achaea!
  • It just clicked today, that there's literally only slightly more than 2 weeks left before I visit @Kuririn.
    Excited, nervous, more excited. Mostly excited. I might have stopped breathing for a long moment, when it finally sunk in earlier today. 

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Today is my last day of working double-shifts. I have spent the past two weeks working twelve to sixteen hours a day. Finally, the newbies are trained, and I can have a couple of days off before returning to my normal schedule. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • P.S. It's a train  :-)

• edited April 2019

//Seragorn chastising me for not using a Tree Tattoo, me telling him I have an artied Tree Tattoo, him telling me there's a bug that can happen where it always is off bal

You say in a low, thundering voice, "Dude."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "I've been duelling a RL month with it like that."
    Seragorn says, "Ive done that myself before."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "I shit you not."
    Seragorn says, "Gone over logs later.. oh shit."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Whelp."
    Seragorn says, "I never worked out exactly what conditions create it."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Now I know why it's been easy to lock me as of late."
    Seragorn says, "Did work with Mak for a while trying to find it, but never did."
    Seragorn says, "Aye, that'd do it."

//While posting on forums.

Seragorn says, "Aha."
    Seragorn says, "You treed."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "I did?"
    Seragorn says, "You did."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Why didn't I before?"
    Seragorn says, "I dont know, did you already issue yourself?"
    Seragorn says, "Maybe they fixed it quick, seems to quick though."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "I have no issues."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "They fixed it!"
    Seragorn says, "Funnily enough it helped my offense."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Really?"
    Seragorn says, "My affs were trying to brun your tree balance."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Why would tree hurt me."
    Seragorn says, "Nah, my offense was buggy."
    Seragorn says, "It wouldnt enter into my snap stuff while you had tree balance."
    Seragorn says, "Was a bug, so glad you helped me find it."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Dude."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "I haven't had tree in duels for over 1 RL month at least."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "That's just shocking to me."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "Like."
    You say in a low, thundering voice, "The implications of that."
    Seragorn says, "Yeah, I had the same problem once."
    Seragorn says, "I went back thru my logs, and it'd been gone for weeks."

@Seragorn thank you for realizing for me that my Tree Tattoo was stuck :D
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Same here. Think it was two weeks before I noticed

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.