Quick Questions

Comments

• Urok said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Turns out the python eats eggs.
    Sunny side up?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • "When the waitress stops by to ask how your food is"...
  • Psionics
    --------
    * New ability: SHATTER.
    * TRANSCEND now charges when fighting denizens. We may have to adjust the rate here to be separate
    to the one for players, its something I'll monitor.

Psion bashers, report!

(-poke- @Penwize)
  • PvP it's great for bursting people.
    PvE it's still not enough of a boost to make Psion better than below-average.

• Pyori said:
    PvP it's great for bursting people.
    PvE it's still not enough of a boost to make Psion better than below-average.
    Hoping @Makarios is just being extra careful with balance changes and wants Psion to at least be average!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Some things have to be below average, otherwise the average increases... (not an argument about whether Psion specifically should be above average, just a fact)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited February 2019
    Klendathu said:
    Some things have to be below average, otherwise the average increases... (not an argument about whether Psion specifically should be above average, just a fact)
    You're right!  The argument at present, though, is Psion doesn't have a reason to be below-average based on how squish it is. :(

I only care because I sympathize from the SnB standpoint :((((
  • Let psion miriad denizens obv. Fwahaha.
  • Farrah said:
    Let psion miriad denizens obv. Fwahaha Farrahaha.

• You would never be allowed to group hunt again.
  • Is there a way to track things in COOLDOWNS via gmcp?
  • No.   
  • What's the second and third person for the react on the Insidium's spider-covered vial, and does it only work for Insidii?

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited February 2019
    What do crystal spiderling minipets eat? The adult crystal spiders eat adventurers. Every other minipet I have  encountered eats either a riftable ingredient or bait worms. So far the spiderling has refused 

-meat
    -fish
    -poultry
    -grain
    -bait worms
    -bait fleas
    -mhun corpse
    -elephant beetle (from the Theran Pet Supplies shop)

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question

You give the corpse of a rat to a crystal spiderling.
    A crystal spiderling scuttles toward the corpse of a rat as you offer it 
    forward, lunging and dragging it to a secluded area. In an instant, a crystal 
    spiderling sinks his fangs into the corpse of a rat, and quickly begins to 
    devour it limb by limb.

• With the Chocolates you get from the Promo, if you feed them to a denizen am I right in assuming it's the same -type-? IE, if I feed it to a goblin zombie it counts for all that are classed as Undead?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."

• You can only add NON-DECAY, RETAINMARK, or RESETTING to a customisation request
    at this time.

Any idea what this is about?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Some items aren't able to have their descriptions changed because they're special items. That said, never run into that exact message before... how did it pop up?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Some items aren't able to have their descriptions changed because they're special items. That said, never run into that exact message before... how did it pop up?
    Achi helped me figure it out. I was using the 'set' instead of 'add' command.

• Now that I have two classes, I understand that I'm supposed to have two Trait sets, one for one class and one for the other. However, when I switched to my second class, my trait lists are the same. 

How do I activate my second trait set so I can select the traits appropriate for my second class? 
  • Devran said:
    Now that I have two classes, I understand that I'm supposed to have two Trait sets, one for one class and one for the other. However, when I switched to my second class, my trait lists are the same. 

How do I activate my second trait set so I can select the traits appropriate for my second class? 
    Have you ever had a second class before? It keeps the same as your old one, if you did. If not, message Makarios / issue yourself to get it reset since it's probably a bug.

• Pyori said:
    Devran said:
    Now that I have two classes, I understand that I'm supposed to have two Trait sets, one for one class and one for the other. However, when I switched to my second class, my trait lists are the same. 

Have you ever had a second class before? It keeps the same as your old one, if you did. If not, message Makarios / issue yourself to get it reset since it's probably a bug.
    Ah, you are correct! I had completely forgotten that I once held Shaman.

I'll look into buying a reset. Thank you.
  • I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with this, but from what I can tell matching the word wrap in Mudlet to Achaea's screen width through config (or vise versa), seems to fix the issue of Mudlet treating end punctuation as a separate word, and properly wraps things when they need to be. I haven't noticed any periods or similar characters getting orphaned onto a new line, but I'm unsure if this actually fixes the issue.
  • If you set a non-zero screenwidth for the game, Achaea will handle line wrapping for you, and it does a better job of that than Mudlet currently does (though Mudlet also used to handle this fine). The problem is that it will probably fuck up longer trigger patterns because you're no longer getting a single line of output from the game.
  • edited February 2019
    Yeah, I noticed. Could maybe fix it with a bunch of \s+ or \n? but that's clumsy. 
  • edited March 2019
    Question: how does one appropriately write out a character singing? Are things like:

"Sleep now... Little dreamer~ "

allowed? Especially when a note or word may be drawn out.

• You can SING stuff just like you can use says. You also whisper, and scream them too!
  • edited March 2019
    Singing is one of the hardest things to pull off if you are intending on delivering lyics and a tune/harmony/melody. The best way I’ve found is to match the lyrics roughly to your tune and sing it appropriately, with growling/rough/harmoniously/softly/vigorously etc etc and testing it on characters. A good way is to pick well known songs and rewrite lyrics and test it. Some people will pick up and give you feedback OOC on if you hit it, and sometimes just singing melodiously with the lyrics can make players create a tune to match it to. Part of IC singing I enjoy the most is hearing people try to match it or do the same in return! 

There are probably better ways, but I’ve found this actually gets players responding and creates a fun little character scenario.
  • edited March 2019
    Question: how does one appropriately write out a character singing? Are things like:

"Sleep now... Little dreamer~ "

allowed? Especially when a note or word may be drawn out.

@Minifie has given a better answer than I can, but I'll add that setting the theme with whatever props, location and emotive behaviour you have can help bridge the gap that audio cues would otherwise give. I worked on some shanties recently and the difference between putting them down on paper, and having a back-and-forth with a few players on a ship is quite a bit.

There's a similar problem with showing metre and cadence in spoken verse. One school of thought is to actively notate it with a solidus or slash (/), another is the use of ellipsis. I honestly don't bother at all because I'm not competent enough, but I've seen it pulled off by those better than me by using either, or in rare cases just being @gnaash

• I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

Thanks for your tim!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    I was told that there were artefacts that I cannot use/wear as an elemental lord. If I put their powers on my wedding ring (as I do all powers), will it make me unable to wear the item which has all the other artefact powers that I can use as an air lord? 

Thanks for your tim!
    Uhh, can you give me an example of artefact powers you can't use as an elemental lord?