Mind Crush

2»

Comments

• Farrah said:

"You implied you can't 1v1 with it at all.

Pyori said:
    More that I wouldn't recommend QW to someone who obviously isn't fully clued into how monk works

Don't do a Proficy.

• Pyori said:
    Farrah said:

"You implied you can't 1v1 with it at all.

Pyori said:
    More that I wouldn't recommend QW to someone who obviously isn't fully clued into how monk works

Don't do a Proficy.
    What the hell is "doing a Proficy?"

Dude, you literally told the guy never to go QW if he's going to 1v1.  That's what you said.  And even if the original intention was put forth because of the idea the guy "isn't fully clued into how monk works," you're setting him up for failure by not giving him all the information he needs to make an informed decision.
  • edited February 2019
    Riell said:
    What the hell is "doing a Proficy?"
    Not actually reading what was posted from both people. A lot do it, he just happened to be the most recent.

Dude, you literally told the guy never to go QW if he's going to 1v1.  That's what you said.  And even if the original intention was put forth because of the idea the guy "isn't fully clued into how monk works," you're setting him up for failure by not giving him all the information he needs to make an informed decision.
    No. Nowhere did I say to never take it. I said I wouldn't if my plan was to do 1v1 more, with reasoning as to why. I mean Farrah already said both work, after you tagged her.
    Of course I'm going to give information relevant to what was asked. He asked what was better offensively. If an Occultist asks what works better for a newer person, I'm going to say Quick-witted. Not nimble, despite nimble being perfectly usable- albeit harder- with targeted flings, also a bit more RNG with how devil works.

• I hate it when mum and dad fight.

Thank you all for the info. I appreciate it.

Now I just gotta figure out what Str artifacts I can buy, whether 2 or 3, and what knuckles. Then decide what race choice for optimal stats. Hnnng.

interesting that you said Str spec @Farrah . Can I ask what your total artied stats were and how you performed? Would you change anything if you did it again?
  • edited February 2019
    If you can get to 16 on str and int you are right around its max damage output for majority of attacks in game, there are decreasing benefits that MAJORLY effect more than that, with the exception of runewardens dsb and possibly one or two other abilities
  • edited February 2019
    I was probably 18 str, 13 int, no knuckles, lvl 2 collar. But that by no means indicates that's the best option. I don't really do the numbers on those things. I just know I could kill fine 1v1.

I don't like knuckles because of how they change the limb counts. I have lvl 2 str/int/collar and am xoran. If you spec like me, your chokes are going to be weaker in group, though.
  • Just buy all the arties so you can do everything. 

• Farrah said:
    I was probably 18 str, 13 int, no knuckles, lvl 2 collar. But that by no means indicates that's the best option. I don't really do the numbers on those things. I just know I could kill fine 1v1.

I don't like knuckles because of how they change the limb counts. I have lvl 2 str/int/collar and am xoran. If you spec like me, your chokes are going to be weaker in group, though.
    Level 2 knuckles speed up breaks, obviously... but mess up even counts. If you get level 3 knuckles everything makes more sense with breaking counts
  • Which would you consider more important, knuckles or Strength? Is it more important to break faster or do more damage? 
  • For regular combat, it's more important to do more damage.

For top tier combat, it's more important to break faster.

• edited February 2019
    Pyori said:
    You don't need to damage kill with BBT when wrench torso is perfectly viable. Don't need artifacts as Tekura these days, except maybe ones to survive damage setups from shit like DWB.
    Gunna disagree here, wrench torso struggles against people who know what they're doing because of how telegraphed it is. Preapply + shield on the undeaf makes it pretty hard to line up the kill itself, and if you self-count torso, you can make it hard to even land the wrench.

It's doable even then, of course. You have blackout to throw off self counts, and good timing can get around preapplies, but it's -far- harder. There's a world of difference between having enough damage on your back breakers that your other kills are an option, and having wrench torso be your only choice.