What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Jiraishin said:

2. Divine encouragement (to make a necklace from the extremity of oathbreakers)

I say this entirely in the context of Achaea but there really needs to be more trophy-taking, ear-necklace stuff, nothing quite like sporting your conquests as fashion.

• Fire Lord is fun. I can see why people don't like it, but they're also wrong.

Massive thanks to @Minifie and @Keorin for helping me through it, @Pyori for putting up with my inability to code, and @Penwize for helping prove that fire lord damage technically can kill the tankiest person in the game.
  • Elisella said:
    Fire Lord is fun. I can see why people don't like it, but they're also wrong.

Massive thanks to @Minifie and @Keorin for helping me through it, @Pyori for putting up with my inability to code, and @Penwize for helping prove that fire lord damage technically can kill the tankiest person in the game.
    What does "technically can kill" mean? What are you basing Penwize being the tankiest person in the game on? He's the highest level, so he might have more health than anybody else (assuming equal constitution), but a lower level person as a class with an active heal is potentially going to be tankier than Penwize as a class that doesn't.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Antonius said:
    Elisella said:

What does "technically can kill" mean? What are you basing Penwize being the tankiest person in the game on? He's the highest level, so he might have more health than anybody else (assuming equal constitution), but a lower level person as a class with an active heal is potentially going to be tankier than Penwize as a class that doesn't.
    Wow, you must be fun at parties :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited February 2019
    Antonius said:
    If someone dies to a setup, then that means something is technically possible, with current mechanics in place. Whether or not it's realistically possible (with them fighting back) is another story.
    When it comes to gaming terminology, something being the 'tankiest' refers to the raw damage someone can take through sheer mitigation and regeneration. It doesn't take into account their active healing, because that's not mitigation. Penwize has the highest health in the game + Dragon + SOA, it would be on par with a pure con-spec Runewarden.

I'm fun at parties, too. Don't be a pedant in response to people being happy about figuring things out.

• Antonius said:
    Elisella said:

Technically as in "at some point, he will die a fiery death because the damage will outpace his healing". Note that I did not say "quickly or effectively". If I did, I would probably define quickly as "the movement of tectonic plates" and effectively as "a DWB Paladin killing someone via Damnation".

Would having an active heal make him actively tankier? Possibly, but then he's not in Dragon with 12K HP and all the resists that go along with it, which is the whole point of testing how well the damage scales against the combination of "Lots of health", "lots of resistances", and "lots of health recovery".

I doubt Fire Lord could ever actually kill him in Dragon without dying themselves, but it is possible to ramp the damage to the point where it kills him.
  • Active heals don't really bother firelord. They have an active heal counter iirc.
  • Finchy said:
    Jiraishin said:

2. Divine encouragement (to make a necklace from the extremity of oathbreakers)

I say this entirely in the context of Achaea but there really needs to be more trophy-taking, ear-necklace stuff, nothing quite like sporting your conquests as fashion.
    Good news, Jir is all about the ears. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited February 2019
    Farrah said:
    Active heals don't really bother firelord. They have an active heal counter iirc.
    With max spark, yeah. Can use primalwill on blisters to stop active heals. There's latency to reduce health sips, too. Requires brand stacked, though.

• Firelord is pretty good when you get it right. Damage burst is strong to finish a fight with the right set up, has some really nice touches in raids too. Bashing is v poor though. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Figured out how to highlight exits on my mobile client, which is my only client, without any coding knowledge. I'm unbelievably ecstatic! And very concerned I'll break something... anything.

Eventually
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Just wait, fellow coding-impaired friend.

Soon you'll be putting in good code by talented coders and having it break in unexplainable ways that will only unbreak itself if you delete all of it, leave your house, turn around three times, spit, and then reenter it.
  • Fire Lord is pretty good up until someone fights back and knows when the burst damage will land so they avoid it.
  • Sobriquet said:
    I hit somebody in there. YOU! Yay! 
    GJ on the repel, too. Well-deserved.
  • Sobriquet said:
    I respect your commitment to killing that you'd try to attack, rather than shield, at 1k health.
  • Tahquil said:
    Silenus, the Satyr bows to you and commences the lesson in Satyri.

Silenus, the Satyr begins to teach you the basic understanding of Satyri. Common phrases, directions, and everything that one would require, flows fluently from his lips as he gestures broadly with each one.

Silenus, the Satyr bows to you - the lesson in Satyri is over.
    You hand over the requisite of a lot of gold to Silenus, the Satyr.
    Your fluency in Satyri is now perfect.

---------

Language   Level of Competency
    -----------  -----------------------------
    Achaean                   perfect
    Mhun                       perfect
    Trollish                    perfect
    Rajamalan                perfect
    Tsol'dasi                   perfect
    Sireni                        perfect
    Tsol'aa                      perfect
    Xorani                      perfect
    Dwarven                   perfect
    Human                     perfect
    Grook                       perfect
    Satyri                        perfect
    Horkvali                    perfect
    Atavian                     perfect
    Tash'la                      perfect
    I'll RP teach you Vertani if you can shave off the 46 million gold or so to get the rest of these by teaching Finchy thanks.

• @YsabelA WTF is going on with your name and that capital A?
  • Antonius said:
    @YsabelA WTF is going on with your name and that capital A?
    It looks like when I first logged into forums it generated the acct name based on what I typed in, which had a cap. a at the end. I’m not too concerned about it, lol
  • Ellryn said:
    (The Insidium): Political Administrator Chanakya says, "Seortiae has surrendered to the challenge from her successor, handing over the reins of power to Ellryn."

Been a lot of changes for Ellryn. Some jumps that seemed more of a wipeout than progress, but usually fun. In the end, all I wanted to do this month is kill some dang buffalo (looking at you, bounty hunters :p ) but I've wanted to say it's been a fun rollercoaster so far.
    Congratulations!

Also now that you're a House leader I'm setting your bounties higher.  :p

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Had way too much fun unironically probing basic trade denizens for reasons I will not disclose for your own sake. Especially you, @Vincenzio

• That is such a weird sentence to read that I had to read it twice.
  • 20:51:22 Imbuing your voice with power, you intone, "Tooros".
    20:51:22 The piercing sound sends a spike of agony into your brain, threatening to rob you of conscious thought.
    20:51:22 You lay into REDACTED with a vicious blow from a scythe of shadows.
    20:51:22 Horror overcomes REDACTED face as THEIR body stiffens into paralysis.
    20:51:22 The face of REDACTED contorts in pain.
    20:51:22 You have slain REDACTED.
    20:51:22 Wisps of steam rise from a metal tank radiating waves of heat.
    20:51:22 You have advanced to rank 3 in your city's army!
    20:51:22 A starburst tattoo flares and bathes REDACTED in red light.

I can disarm tanks now! I am a Dedicant of the North! Rawr. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Syndra said:
    Someone has roped me into mining. I am now a miner. Help me. 
    Well, if someone raids and you have to stop prospecting and defend, you can now charge them with contributing to the delinquency of a miner.

• Of course she's Mhaldorian

• Elisella said:
    Syndra said:
    Someone has roped me into mining. I am now a miner. Help me. 
    Well, if someone raids and you have to stop prospecting and defend, you can now charge them with contributing to the delinquency of a miner.