What up Achaea!!!

Just an old player overly excited this game still exists. Server side curing? But my beautiful ACP! Auto mapping? You mean my thousands of squares in Photoshop were all for naught? WHERE THE HELL ARE GUILDS??? 

Is anyone old still around? Cain? Estach-io? Andelas? Cooper? Tranq? Covenant? Jinxsta? 

How do I even remember these names. Honestly.

Sorry if I broke a million rules but the Forum Rules link just goes to the index on mobile. Wow. Also can't remember the last time I used a real. web. forum.😭

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Hi and welcome back! 

No forum rules broken, we're a pretty chill bunch here. Of those you named, Cain shows up now and again, Cooper's around pretty regularly, and the rest aren't around any (I think) right now.

Guilds are gone! They became Houses. And then a few years back, those Houses got bombed and we got new Houses.

There's some forums threads around that have detailed lists of changes over the last-many years, but depending how long it's been since you've been gone, it miiight be too much to detail in just one forum post, honestly. I'm headed to bed to get up for work but, have fun exploring around and such!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Shazara said:
    WHERE THE HELL ARE GUILDS??? 

I'm still confused as to what happened there and I was there for that, and then they disappeared again! 

• Cain is around sometimes, Cooper is a regular, Covenant is dead, uhh..  no idea on the others.

Basically Guilds are now called Houses and can have more classes.  And people can have multiple classes.  And curing is different.  Basically you stayed away as long as I did so like...  it is a whole new game again. 

There are gambling promos to complete talismans sets that act like arties (HELP TALISMANS).  But also still arties.  

A lot changed but once you dip your toe in again, it gets fun.

• I'm here! Still a jerk, some things never change. 

• Cooper said:
    I'm here! Still a jerk, some things never change. 
    Your poor black soul.
  • Caelan said:
    Cain is around sometimes, Cooper is a regular, Covenant is dead, uhh..  no idea on the others.

Basically Guilds are now called Houses and can have more classes.  And people can have multiple classes.  And curing is different.  Basically you stayed away as long as I did so like...  it is a whole new game again. 

There are gambling promos to complete talismans sets that act like arties (HELP TALISMANS).  But also still arties.  

CAELAN!! 

Multiple classes! Wow!
  • Shazara said:
    Caelan said:
    Cain is around sometimes, Cooper is a regular, Covenant is dead, uhh..  no idea on the others.

CAELAN!! 

Multiple classes! Wow!
    I'm enjoying your enthusiasm.

Also does anyone else think   @Shazara has an icon that perfectly reflects their current mood? 
  • Old icons are the best icons
  • Still here, still furry!

• Except when you are scaley. Also, hello, those maps helped make the game actually playable for me back in the day. :heart:

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Kei said:
    Except when you are scaley. Also, hello, those maps helped make the game actually playable for me back in the day. :heart:
    Yes!! That old continent map was a permanent feature on my desktop for years! I remember carefully arranging windows so that I could get the right area of @Shazara's map to peek out behind the tiny little zmud client with no mini map. 
  • Thanks guys! Making those maps by hand was quite the endeavor. The continent map had to be done manually because some areas are not spatially rational and completely confuse the auto-mapper. I did around 90% of the mapping sketching because I was on a Mac without zMud (no automapping at all) at first. 

I would do another updated one but I have no desire to play or worry about silly corporeal matters like wars and killings and monsters. The bulk of the time is spent not getting killed or making friends to get into temples and such. If you all wanted to make a peace treaty with all peoples and denizens for this old cartographer...then that'd be something!